Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/30/08 06:12

A8D

List of flags ?

Hi,

Is there a list of flags available somewhere to use with chr_teleport ? Because I've only found on Oni Master website : "one has to 'study' the original IGMD and experiment to find the flags." But I did a search in the EnvWarehouse .bsl files (I open them with Notepad++ and this is useful because you can make custom code color highlighting) and found very few flags. For instance I didn't find the flags used by Your_Mom in his tutorial.

And just another question by the way :

eq is like == and ne is like != ?

Last edited by A8D (12/30/08 06:12)

Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

#2 12/30/08 07:12

Iritscen

Re: List of flags ?

"Yes" to your question about the logic symbols.

As to the flags, LOL, I don't know when Oni Master was last updated, but it is not affiliated with the community, so it won't be aware of any of the work we've done over the years.  There are a couple ways to see all the flags for each level.  You can browse them in realtime in the game using http://edt.oni2.net/files/FindFlags.bsl . EdT says: "Put it in any folder, move the current scripts somewhere else. Do a run back kick, then Crouch to enter the flag browser. The flag location is read from top to bottom. Then use the move keys to select the digits. Forward moves up, Back moves down. Left decreases the number, Right increases the number."

Or you can read them from a chart here: http://zdlo.oni2.net/Items/Flags/ or here: http://geyser.oni2.net/OBD/BINA/OBJC/FLAG/ .

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/30/08 08:12

A8D

ah, thanks for your answer ! There was not much activity on the forum these last days, it seemed dead...

#4 12/30/08 08:12

Iritscen

Forum activity does tend to go up and down over time.  Right now a few of the old regulars seem to be away -- in some cases I know it's because they are busy in RL.  Plus, when we're working on mods behind the scenes, we're less likely to spend time chatting on the forum.  Keep in mind, once we've been here even a year, we've already been through all the standard "Who is Mukade?" and "Who is your favorite character?" kind of threads. smile

#5 12/30/08 11:12

A8D

And is it possible to add flags ?

#6 12/30/08 12:12

Gumby

Yes, by adding to the BINAFlags. If you know how to extract\create xml and oni files, it is pretty self explanitory (do you?)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 12/30/08 17:12

A8D

I know what XML is, but I haven't tried again using OniSplit since the other day... so no I don't. Yet big_smile

But first I'll probably turn up with more questions on BSL.

Last edited by A8D (12/31/08 13:12)

#8 12/31/08 11:12

EdT
Website

Once you export the file BINACJBOFlag from a level as xml, you will get a collection of objects such as this:

<Object Id="2671" Type="FLAG">
            <Header>
                <Flags>0</Flags>
                <Position>1024 2157 190</Position>
                <Rotation>0 0 0</Rotation>
            </Header>
            <OSD>
                <Color>0 255 0</Color>
                <Prefix>19800</Prefix>
                <FlagId>10</FlagId>
                <Notes />
            </OSD>
        </Object>

The tags you will concerned about are <Position> and <FlagId>

If you want to create a new flag, go to the location where it will be, then use Developer Mode, access the console with the Tilde key ~, then type where 0  Then you will get the coordinates of that location.  Enter the 3 numbers in the <Position> tag.  I usually round up the numbers.  Next give it a new <FlagId> number.  Repeat for all the new flags you want to add.  Finally import the xml back to levelx_Final folder and rebuild the level.

That's the basics.

#9 07/14/09 12:07

Leus
Website

Does anyone know if there are flags inside that little room where Muro's thugs spawn in the final battle?  I mean, there has to be, right?  But trying the methods in this thread, I wasn't able to find any.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#10 07/14/09 12:07

Iritscen

I'm guessing that their entries in the BINACJBOCharacter file for that level simply provide coordinates that are inside that room.

#11 07/14/09 13:07

Leus
Website

Ah hell, yeah.  Makes sense.  Well I feel like I could handle making my own flags but then if I ever wanted anyone else to play my mod I'd have to get them to replace their file with the list of flags and blah blah blah...  Probably not worth it.  I'll just work around it.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#12 07/14/09 14:07

Gumby

Leus, you would use an AE package, when I implement support for BSL mods and such. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#13 07/14/09 14:07

Iritscen

Leus wrote:

but then if I ever wanted anyone else to play my mod I'd have to get them to replace their file with the list of flags and blah blah blah...

Indeed, it was always an inconvenience, but that's how some mods worked, for instance Good vs. Evil -- which didn't actually add any flags to my knowledge, but it did add characters to level 1 by modding that BINA file, which the player then had to recombine into level 1 before the script would work.  It no doubt discouraged some people from trying the mod.

However, as Gumby was just saying, once we get the package system "fully online" in the coming months, all mods will be equally easy to install.  Just a drop of a folder and a click of a button smile

Board footer