Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/30/09 14:06

dream996

one thing i don't get

Mukade !!! muro thug or TCTF? ??? it said in the cutsense ,,,we will be ready for her ......and why did konoko said you were one of muro thug nothing more .....????and what is it .....i don't get the page in oni Glaroe ,,,why can konoko feel it inside her ?

PunBB bbcode test

#2 06/30/09 17:06

Lithium

Re: one thing i don't get

Muro thug. First of all he had a bunch of syndicate back up. and at the beggining of the level he killed 2 guards. kinda narrows it down.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 06/30/09 20:06

love_Oni

*why can konoko feel it inside her?* Maybe Mukade used to work for TCTF but then he turned against them (for some reasons like Konoko's). He and Konoko have the same past so they can feel each other.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#4 06/30/09 20:06

Iritscen

Konoko dismisses him as simply one of Muro's thugs, but he seems to be more, based on (1) his powers, those just aren't ordinary fighting abilities!, (2) the way he seems to know something about her and have something in common with her ("Does your blood burn when you kill?  Mine does."), and (3) the fact that she can track him without seeing him.

Hardy LeBel, the project lead after Pease left, described the events of Rooftops as the meeting of two super-predators.  Each knows they have to eliminate the other.  He never explicitly says it, but it certainly sounds like Mukade has a Daodan Chrysalis in him.  So even if he works for Muro (which is never stated), there is something unusual about him that makes him more than a mere thug.

Also, from Konoko's diary: "He feels familiar and I hate him for it."  So they might have known each other at one time, even though Konoko doesn't recognize him now....

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 07/01/09 11:07

shapeshifter

Well, if you take a look at his abilities and appearance, I think it's pretty obvious that he's another Symbiote, with a Chrysalis created by the Syndicate, just like Barabas. About the "feeling" thing, it's propably something Symbiote-specific. Maybe Symbiotes share a telepathic bond and thus can sense each other's presence.

"He feels familiar" - My interpretation would be that Konoko feels reminded of what she herself is. But since he's turned out to be a "bad guy", she hates him for showing her what she could become, what she is not much different from. After all, before their battle, he taunts her by telling her how happy he feels when he kills. The way she responds to that (an insecure "stop it") points to her actually also feeling in a similar way, but because she does not want that to be true, she hates him for being a mirror of her own hidden feelings. But that's kinda... well... an in-depth psychological analysis that's not much on-topic anyway.

#6 07/01/09 12:07

Iritscen

Yep, good points, I tend to agree.

#7 07/01/09 13:07

Lithium

You guys feel like barbarus and mukade both have a crtsalis inside them? i mean all of them have special powers. and all of them have that red force field when you shoot them. and who is that guy at the 2 gameover screens. On the first one hes next to griffin injured, and on the 2nd one he has an evil ook in his face. Looks like muro to me though.

#8 07/01/09 13:07

Lithium

i meant chrysalis

#9 07/01/09 14:07

Iritscen

-_- You can edit your posts instead of making new ones, you know.

I don't know if the force field is intended to be a "power" or not.  It might just be some technology like Konoko's force fields that she picks up once in a while.  Of course, the real reason for the boss shield is to prevent cheap victories by stocking up grenades and just emptying clips at the boss.  Not sure what the explanation is in-game.  But yes, Barabus is more clearly a Chryalis host than Mukade is (although I do think Mukade is, too).  Barabus has an appearance similar to Muro when he transforms.

The injured guy in the two screens is referred to as "Casey".  We think he was going to be a member of the TCTF, alongside Konoko.  He definitely got cut from the final product, though.

#10 07/01/09 14:07

Lithium

ohh. But the force field is red as opposed to blue. And i thought that because barabrus can heal him self and cause a small earthquake, and mukade can teleport, and maybe he does have white skin under his suit, so we dont really know if he carries a chrysalis, but thats my opinion.

#11 07/01/09 15:07

Gumby

I think it is just an item, or at the very least just a gameplay mechanic.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 07/01/09 21:07

Lithium

well are we done with this topic yet? cuz i think we should discuss more of mukades past. (theories to be in fact)

#13 07/01/09 22:07

Gumby

Don't worry, we can discuss multiple things. smile

#14 07/01/09 22:07

Lithium

oh. well...um...his voice is different in the ps2 version than the cpu version. sounds younger on the console version. and i found barneyhater. he got his game scratched and couldnt install it in his new computer.

#15 07/01/09 23:07

Gumby

You know barneyhater?

#16 07/02/09 08:07

Iritscen

Hmm, I've never heard about Mukade's voice being different on the PS2.  Is it possible to record a sample of it?

#17 07/02/09 10:07

Lithium

No i asked him on his youtube account. And unfortunately i cant record it. But ill find a way.

#18 09/12/09 23:09

Samer
Website

maybe Casey became Mukade tongue

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#19 09/13/09 11:09

Lithium

which reminds me i made a bad impression on geyser

#20 09/13/09 12:09

dream996

what happen to geyser ? ( i haven't seen him for ages !

PunBB bbcode test

#21 09/13/09 13:09

Iritscen

geyser left the forum a while ago to focus on real life stuff.  We're still in contact with him, although we try not to take too much of his time.

Board footer