Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#1 28/11/08 6:36

snowsparrow
Member

konoko fanart c:

Hello everyone big_smile I'm new here (sort of. I think I had an account here a few years ago)

I got back playing Oni some time ago and thought I'd post some recent fanart cool

The pose looks weird because I started doodling not knowing what picture/pose it would be XD

ballpoint pen doodle coloured in photoshop C:

__We_all_want_to_say______by_snow_jemima.jpg

Offline

#2 28/11/08 7:08

ItemfinderDeluxe
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Nice work smile . I get the impression that the pose itself isn't too weird, but it looks to me that Konoko's right eye has a different trajectory to her left. Her left eye (if I can make it out) seems to be looking forward, whilst her right eye is looking up. Maybe that's what is making the picture seem awkward. Still, it's better then anything I could come up with.

I also have to ask, is the green next to her hand meant to be a glow from a light, or something else?


TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

Offline

#3 28/11/08 8:15

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

haha, you're right about the eyes. the green stuff I thought was some drapery, originally there was gonna be more of it roll. Yeah I got work to on lighting, hence the glow wink

Offline

#4 28/11/08 10:21

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: konoko fanart c:

Your drawing definitely shows talent, though.  I like the outfit you gave Konoko.  Is this intended to be set after Oni?  The background seems like you were thinking that.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#5 28/11/08 10:49

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Yeah it is post-game smile


And here's another one C:
December_3rd__2032_by_snow_jemima.jpg

mind the gun, I'm 200% useless at guns. Swords, yes, but not guns XD

And just like in-game, every picture I draw of her looks different XD

Last edited by snowsparrow (28/11/08 10:52)

Offline

#6 28/11/08 12:03

Gumby
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Wow, thats pretty good.


Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Offline

#7 28/11/08 12:15

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

thanks big_smile

Offline

#8 28/11/08 13:54

Barneyhater
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Wow thats some amazing fanart big_smile . I like the post-apocalyptic feel of the first one. And for some reason, the second one looks a bit like Tomb Raider tongue but its really good.


"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

Offline

#9 28/11/08 15:08

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Thanks big_smile I actually know very little about Tomb Raider (or any other games, for the matter XD )


And... I seem to be in a drawing mood today. It hasn't happened in EONS. big_smile So here's one more cool

I think she just set fire to something. Or set a bomb.
oni3copy.jpg

Last edited by snowsparrow (28/11/08 15:25)

Offline

#10 28/11/08 17:06

Tantir
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Very nice arts, but I dont like her face. Maybe because it isn`t anime style. But its very good arts, especially  backgrounds.

Offline

#11 28/11/08 17:10

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Tantir wrote:

Very nice arts, but I dont like her face. Maybe because it isn`t anime style. But its very good arts, especially  backgrounds.

yeah I've never drawn in anime style. Oni is the only anime thing I've ever liked c:

Offline

#12 28/11/08 17:12

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: konoko fanart c:

Man, you work really fast, snowsparrow!  I didn't realize you were drawing all these today.  You're some kind of crazy speed-drawer!

(Coincidentally, your last drawing reminds me of the missing BGI level in Oni.  A script for the level has Konoko placing a bomb and running, before setting it off.)


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#13 28/11/08 17:25

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Iritscen wrote:

Man, you work really fast, snowsparrow!  I didn't realize you were drawing all these today.  You're some kind of crazy speed-drawer!

(Coincidentally, your last drawing reminds me of the missing BGI level in Oni.  A script for the level has Konoko placing a bomb and running, before setting it off.)

really? that's cool. I know nothing about scripts XD

Offline

#14 28/11/08 19:49

Lithium
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Nice drawings You could probably make comics about Oni

Offline

#15 29/11/08 9:36

guido
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Nice to see you back snow-jemina! Your art is really a breath of new fresh air... Thumbs up!


What if this is as good as it gets?

Offline

#16 29/11/08 9:38

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

guido wrote:

Nice to see you back snow-jemina! Your art is really a breath of new fresh air... Thumbs up!


thanks big_smile wink

Offline

#17 7/12/08 15:13

A8D
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

I am very impressed by your drawings, and you draw so fast... How many years have you been practising drawing for ?

Last edited by A8D (7/12/08 15:14)


Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

Offline

#18 9/12/08 10:31

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

A8D wrote:

I am very impressed by your drawings, and you draw so fast... How many years have you been practising drawing for ?

ever since I could hold a pencil big_smile really cool I've been to some courses and stuff but I just like drawing I guess that's it XD

Offline

#19 9/12/08 19:25

Gumby
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

We demand more art! big_smile


Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Offline

#20 10/12/08 7:18

A8D
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

And may I ask how do you colour your drawings in photoshop ? Since you wrote in your first post "ballpoint pen doodle", I assume you scan your drawings. And then, do you use a graphics tablet ? Some time ago when I was doing draw at school to prepare for the exams (had to choose between music and graphics art and everyone in my class chose art), I considered buying one because I was becoming enthusiastic about drawing, but I haven't much practised since after the exams. For me, it's especially difficult to draw people or animals (and I never studied how to draw that kind of things). smile


Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

Offline

#21 10/12/08 14:55

guido
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

I line up with Gumby. Keep gracing these forums and our wiki with your art!


What if this is as good as it gets?

Offline

#22 11/12/08 4:22

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Gumby wrote:

We demand more art! big_smile

oh my... wink well, I am working on something cool



A8D wrote:

And may I ask how do you colour your drawings in photoshop ? Since you wrote in your first post "ballpoint pen doodle", I assume you scan your drawings. And then, do you use a graphics tablet ? Some time ago when I was doing draw at school to prepare for the exams (had to choose between music and graphics art and everyone in my class chose art), I considered buying one because I was becoming enthusiastic about drawing, but I haven't much practised since after the exams. For me, it's especially difficult to draw people or animals (and I never studied how to draw that kind of things). smile

Yeah, first I sketch using traditional means. Then I scan it and color it in photoshop. I use a Wacom Intuos 3 graphics tablet. It's really a brilliant piece of gear, it has awesome pressure sensitivity that allows to create almost anything you can do with traditional media. Wacom tablets are definitely a good investment and they last ages. I've had mine for four years and I'm nowhere near to wanting a new one. About drawing, it's just practise. And another thing is anatomy books. Though I fail to study them thoroughly, they do point out useful things. smile

Offline

#23 11/12/08 8:51

snowsparrow
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

More big_smile

I was very much inspired by this http://wiki.oni2.net/Image:Konoko_by_Cr … 24x768.jpg
(obvious XD)

I'm not very good at big detailed colourful things. So this is pretty sketchy but I like it. She is painted more detailed because I wanted the focus to be on her. And yes I did get lazy with the dead people (although strikers are insanely fun to draw)  Lighting has issues, especially the skin, but hell. XD

Anyway, I never really liked how the HQ building looked, so here's my version of things.
Never_think__by_snow_jemima.jpg

original http://fc29.deviantart.com/fs39/i/2008/ … jemima.jpg

Offline

#24 13/12/08 12:43

Soul
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

oh my......that is simplay AWESOME! Great drawing! Pleeease keep on doing Oni Fanart, i absolutely love it


I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
or should I?
You know what I'd like to be?
I mean if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.

Offline

#25 13/12/08 14:05

A8D
Member

Re: konoko fanart c:

Yeah that last one is EXCELLENT, maybe a bit dark but I love it too !! big_smile I've looked for the prices of graphics tablets, Intuos seem to be the high-end ones of Wacom. Not cheap, but if you say they can last for a long time... I am tempted, maybe I could share the price with my sister because I think she's going to have to use one. I don't know about the size, do you think A6 is really too small ?

Last edited by A8D (13/12/08 14:07)


Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

Offline

Board footer