Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/17/08 17:09

Iritscen

Mukade clone script

I love the Mukade clone script, although I doubt I can actually win the fight without cheating.  Oh well, it's still fun.  But, it breaks the ninjas in the rest of the level.  I haven't played through all of Rooftops with this script on, but the first ninja who hangs onto Konoko on the zipline in the cutscene is gone, and so is the one who waits under the first ledge, so I assume they're all gone.  Does that normally happen?  Can this be fixed?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 09/17/08 21:09

Gumby

Re: Mukade clone script

Where can I get this script? It sounds like fun. big_smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 09/17/08 22:09

EdT
Website

#4 09/17/08 22:09

Iritscen

It's fun, but also evil.  Just wait until multiple Devil Stars start flying while you're trying to fight off multiple Mukades.  The one touch I enjoy the most is that the clones are just like Naruto's Shadow Clones (letting my hidden inner Narutard out of the closet here), they go pop and vanish when they take a hard hit, but Mukade just makes more of them.

#5 09/17/08 23:09

Gumby

I beat it ^_^ It took a few tries, and my second try was ruined when I was almost done, and got thrown off the roof.  A fun script though.

#6 09/18/08 01:09

Loser

Yes, I don't make unbeatable mods, just hard mods ^_^

Seriously, thumbs up, Gumby. Who defeated this version of Mukade is really good.

And for all: Thank you that you enjoy it. If we ever manage to consistently modify levels (that means according to some sotryline, producing ONE mod for each level, not 5 + versions from different creators for each level) then rooftops battle should look similar to this IMO. Sneaky chaos ^_^

Loser

P.S.: Try to play it with newest attack and throws mods (both installed) + who know how to, set that knockdowns are vulnerable (delete 0x02 flag on responsive place in TRAM and set soft pause 1 frame (see WIKI) for all anims that have "knockdown" word in them). Then set killmequick cheat ingame and try to defeat Mukade. THAT is ninja fight ^_^. I haven't managed to beat this script yet under those conditions ^_^'.

So, again: install both modified attacks and throws, make knockdowns vulnerable. Ingame, activate killmequick cheat. Record video if possible ^_-

Last edited by Loser (09/18/08 01:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#7 09/18/08 02:09

Gumby

Ok. I did use 3 or 4 hypos though (came with the savepoint)...

What DOES killmequick do?

Also, we need to make a thread\wiki page on modifying levels, to get the ball rolling. Something that needs doing, just hasn't been done.

Also2: Why don't you respond to a PM?

Last edited by Gumby (09/18/08 02:09)

#8 09/14/09 15:09

Samer
Website

How to install this on the new edition :S ?

it says some files should go into level 0 folder and others into level 12 ... but in the edition there aren't those folders there is a level0 _characters ... level0_final ... animations and so on ...so where to put them ?

there are BINACJBO... files i put those in level12 final  the TRAM in level0 animations \tram
and the bsls in the IGDM roof folder ... however nothing is changed ... no clones tongue

is it AE compatible smile ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#9 09/14/09 16:09

Iritscen

Well, depends how you define "compatible" wink  It's not like we changed the way Oni's game data works, but the fact is, this mod will be rather unpleasant to install without a package.  Unfortunately it uses BSL, so I think this mod will need to wait for a new version of the Installer before we can package it up.

In the meantime, the reason it didn't work is that you need to recompile the levels.  Oni reads its data from .dat/.raw, not from .oni files.  So you need to issue these commands to OniSplit (assuming you are on Windows and are using the separated level0 files option in the AE), from inside the Edition's GDF directory:

onisplit.exe -import:nosep level0_Animations level0_Animations.dat
onisplit.exe -import:nosep level12_Final level12_Final.dat

and then you should be ready to go.  Note that this will temporarily erase your other installed mods.  Running the Installer again, even without changing the installed packages, will re-apply the AE mods and un-apply your Mukade mod.

#10 09/14/09 21:09

EdT
Website

Just make a new package for the files:
level0_Final/level0_Animations/TRAMNINCOMteleport_in.oni
level12_Final/level12_Final/BINA files

Put the BSL files in IGMD/roof (Of course move the original files to a safe place. I usually do this: IGMD/roof/Original/ bsl files)

#11 09/15/09 08:09

Iritscen

The only reason I didn't recommend doing that is that it's not a "real" package that we can distribute until we can handle mods with BSL in them.  But it's probably the simplest way for Samoko to get it working.

Board footer