Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/02/08 14:08

Muro

OTA builds

Hi, just wondering if there are any more 1.01 builds for the other levels not listed here.
http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:OTA

I like being able to set the bots and weapon opinions.

#2 08/02/08 15:08

Your_Mom
Website

Re: OTA builds

I might have some lying around, not sure.
EDIT: I have Dream Lab v1.1 which is not there, but is here:

Last edited by Your_Mom (08/02/08 15:08)

droid803sig.jpg

#3 08/02/08 21:08

love_Oni

I noticed there is a new music in your script I never heard. The music was very creepy.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#4 08/03/08 03:08

Muro

Ah thanks for the dream lab, just wish that stupid fog wasn't just above you. Yes i noticed the new music, pretty creepy to suddenly hear it in the middle of battle.

Anyone else notice that the AI in the state building OTA seems to just stand around sometimes? Pity as thats the only level you can pit all the black ops against the Syndicate. A 1.01 build of that level would rock as the other areas wouldn't be a buggy i bet.

#5 08/03/08 06:08

love_Oni

Here's my all arena scripts from many places I don't remember exactly where. If you want to get all of the arena scripts, you can have here.

My classification of the versions of the arenas is quite different to the wiki's one:

Arena 1.0: Only has 1 arena to play
Arena 1.1: has more than 1 arena, uses 'F5' menu
Arena 1.2: has more than 1 arena, uses punch/kick menu
'AS': arena for edition version

Another big change is I've deleted all the 'read-me' instructions big_smile.

Last edited by love_Oni (08/03/08 08:08)

#6 08/03/08 08:08

Gumby

I can remove the fog, but not today. I had to do it when I upgraded dreamlab to 1.3...

Also, loveOni, your 1.2 sounds like the Mac version.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 08/04/08 19:08

Muro

The state building level is really the hardest OTA to win. In fact its the only one i can lose. I set all of my team as black opps and change the guards on the enemy team to tankers and its quite hard to fight off 4 ninjas and mudark.

#8 08/04/08 21:08

love_Oni

I don't think so. I can win the state arena easily. Why don't you play the original Oni and practice some with the ninjas?

The hardest for me is the chapter 6 arena. The Syndicate has Barabus and his shocking move, TCTF's team are weak. Even if I set the weapon mode, I can only have chance to win (rarely).

If you are playing as Konoko, try to play the "kick-forward" move frequently. Ninjas and Mukade often don't block or dodge it.

#9 08/04/08 21:08

ONIrules

love_Oni: Did you even use the bot feature so you can turn TCTF to BlackOps or MasterChiefs? That will make your team a bit easier.
Muro: Getting a hang of the twister kicks is quite useful on Ninjas and willow kick on Mukade so you can stagger him.
Then backbreak him!! CRACK!!!

Last edited by ONIrules (08/04/08 21:08)

#10 08/04/08 22:08

love_Oni

@ONIrules: Thank you about your advice, but I seldom use it because I want keep the challenge, so I can practice my fighting skill smile.

During the fight, ninjas often crouching so I think the twister kick seems to be useless with them.
About the willow kick: Hm... It's a good idea. Why not big_smile?

Last edited by love_Oni (08/04/08 22:08)

#11 08/04/08 22:08

ONIrules

love_Oni: To me is because when the ninja dodges it dodges like a "C" or a curve sometimes. Ninjas tries to hit Konoko from the side. Instead of just using directional moves using twister kicks deals more damage. And yeah its true ninjas do crouch. Heres one little advice: >> Rising Fury Punch them!! ^_^ smile

Last edited by ONIrules (08/04/08 22:08)

#12 08/05/08 08:08

Muro

Thats funny as the HQ level is pretty easy for me. The TCTF can stand up to the enemy's on that level without my help. The state building is so hard to win as your starting team is so weak compared to Mukade's. I actually change all of my team to black opps because its cool but it also gives them a chance. I can beat Ninjas and Mukade, its more of a case of my team letting me down. TCTF troopers have always been worse then syndicate troops. A green ninja can take out a black opps swat!

#13 08/05/08 08:08

ONIrules

Muro: Why not swap animations from the blackops? I turn my Swat animations to Muro animations (Not you)
In fact blackops melee files does most at throw foward. So if you have the blackops with muro animations you will expect much when they break ninjas legs!! Also blackops looks cool when he stands like muro. smile

Last edited by ONIrules (08/05/08 08:08)

#14 08/05/08 08:08

Muro

I actually have no idea how to mod ONI like that at all. I installed the AE (i think) but have no idea how to do any of that other stuff.

Also Mukade's much harder then Muro. Funny has hes not the end boss.

#15 08/05/08 09:08

love_Oni

Oh, I think it again. The chapter 6 arena isn't the hardest for me since you can spam the Devil Spinning Kick in the whole gameplay.
I think the hardest arena must be the "A0 - Lv.04 Airport" Arena because the Syndicate has Muro, hard Strikers and your team only has workers and some female civilians, they are very weak sad! Even when I scored 42 points, the Syndicate team had scored 68 points!

Last edited by love_Oni (08/05/08 09:08)

#16 08/05/08 09:08

Muro

just won the state building OTA. Score was 100-98! Always a close game on that level.

#17 08/05/08 16:08

ONIrules

I change the frags scores from 100 to 200 so I can play longer!!

Last edited by ONIrules (08/05/08 16:08)

#18 08/05/08 21:08

love_Oni

Good idea! I think I should also change the time so I can play more.

My most favorite arena is the Airport Hangar Arena 2. The battlefield was good enough to make me excited, and the balance was good too.

I often play the Arena 0 because there aren't too many characters there, so I can enjoy in one-to-one (or 2-2) combats. The most arena that I hate is the roof arena. There are too many characters, sometimes you are not fighting but exactly you're spamming your moves in crowds, and it won't make any excitement. Anyway, sometimes the Arena 0 was too hard (like the Airport arena), sometimes it was too easy (like the compound arena)

If we can combine the excitement in Arena 0 and the balance in Arena 2, that would be so nice tongue!

Last edited by love_Oni (08/05/08 21:08)

#19 08/09/08 15:08

Muro

Interesting thing in the regional HQ level OTA using the Anniversary Edition. It seems that citizen snips dies over and over again in a endless loop lol. Wonder what causes this?

#20 08/13/08 03:08

love_Oni

I think a bug caused it. This bug happened many times in the Arena 0, such as the "lab" arena 0. In that arena, sometimes you'll see a deathless striker: he dies, and he gets up again, without teleporting to another location. If I'm in that situation, I'll restart the level because my team will not get any flags from him, and that's not fair.

Ah, I have made some modifications in the compound Arena 0. I changed all the guns in the 'weapon mode' to the SBGs. Put the script in the attachment below into the compound folder and load save point 1. It's really fun!

Another thing in this Arena 0: load save point 2 to play with 'weapon mode' and 'unstoppable' characters.

#21 08/13/08 09:08

ONIrules

Isn't it the script that causes that causes the citizens to die fast. Like chr_health_set

#22 08/13/08 10:08

love_Oni

You mean the script in my last reply? No, the script in my last reply is the Arena 1.0 for compound (chapter 14) level. The bug that Muro means in the previous reply happened when he played the TCTF HQ Arena.

Note that this bug sometime happens, not always you know. But it only happens in the Arena 1.0. This bug was fixed in the later arena version.

P.S: Have you try the compound arena in the attachment? Isn't it funny? tongue

Last edited by love_Oni (08/14/08 05:08)

#23 08/14/08 05:08

love_Oni

Where are you guys? There isn't many activities in our forum those days. I'm trying to remake some arena scripts, exactly I'll add somethings to make them more enjoyable, and I'm having some problems need to solve. Can you give me a hand?

#24 08/14/08 08:08

Gumby

I'm on "vacation". Sorry ^_^

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#25 08/14/08 16:08

Iritscen

I'm working on the trailer.  Sorry :-)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer