Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/21/08 16:06

paradox-01

Project Imago

Project Imago, what?? It's about to daodanize a few characters. (Giving them enhanced moves and daodan skills... More information here.)

Regeneration is one of the goals. This ability is limited so far, which means only the AI can use it and only on a critical health level.
But there's a way at least and without Loser we wouldn't this at all. smile

A little demonstration: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTeZOCt6gig

Files for download.

Install notes:

("for_player") Place the plugin into Oni\edition\GameDataFolder and the bsl file into Oni\edition\GameDataFolder\IGMD\compound as the only one.
Compound will have only this spawnable character then... so it's more or less to test it.

("for_modder")
Edited:
If you want to fully use grey fury you will have to extend BINACJBOCharacter.oni in your levelX_Final folder (not 0).
Convert your chosen BINACJBOCharacter.oni file into xml format and paste the code from "grey_fury.txt" under "<ObjectCollection>". (Download attachment.)

Well, that's it so far.

Last edited by paradox-01 (06/22/08 12:06)

#2 06/21/08 16:06

Gumby

Re: Project Imago

Paradox, there are easier ways to add characters. Check out Neo's talk page, The newest version of onisplit should import\export those files.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 06/21/08 18:06

Barneyhater
Website

Just checked the wiki the new asura character looks AWESOME. And hes gonna be a new character? Looks good already!

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#4 06/22/08 12:06

paradox-01

@ The newest version of onisplit should import\export those files.
Thanks. I forgot about it somehow. Late night posting is evil. ^_^

@ [Asura] And she gonna be a new character?
I hope so but it's a long way to go. I'll try it when all binary mods and concept art are done.

@ alll here around: if you have technical ideas or Imago designs you would like to have in that project then post them here.  smile

#5 09/07/08 15:09

paradox-01

Here's a little update. Fury, Elite and Striker with regeneration.

How to install: Backup somewhere else and delete all compound BSL files and put the new in. Put all binary (.oni) files in their "Final" folder and recombine level 0 and 19. Have fun!

The script isn't serious (yet*). Feel free to integrate the code pieces and actual mod into existing ones.
* There's a plan for a scenario. If you want to add some ideas just do so.

#6 09/08/08 21:09

EdT
Website

Hmmm... something is missing :-)

missingTXMP.jpg

#7 09/09/08 09:09

paradox-01

There was an old link in the TRMA file. Just download the pack again, archive is updated now.

ps: replace also compound_main.bsl if team mates seem a bit lazy. "ai2_setmovementmode .. run" should fix that.
Post more bugs if you find any.

#8 09/09/08 15:09

EdT
Website

I was thinking your idea for the Syndicate vs BGI at the compound would work as a new level. Instead of playing as Konoko, you'll play as a different character (Wasn't Kojiro supposed to be TCTF?) Modify the BINACHAR to use Spartans and BGI execs.

I like your current script with the 3 support players.  But now we need more and harder enemies.

One thing that needs to be fixed is the ONCV in the ONCC for the new characters. I saw one enemy Striker that had the Behemoth class appearance.  I also need to fix that issue with Motoko, there are times that a Fury would randomly take Motoko's appearance.

#9 09/09/08 15:09

Gumby

Yeah, I already had that happen to me while I was jumping around the rooftops (ironically enough using Motoko). Freaked me out.

#10 09/10/08 16:09

paradox-01

EdT wrote:

I was thinking your idea for the Syndicate vs BGI at the compound would work as a new level. Instead of playing as Konoko, you'll play as a different character.

paradox-01 wrote:

The script isn't serious (yet*)

Maybe I can make use of Gumby's recent mod (rewriting a level in an unused slot like Arena of Pain).
---------------------------------------

EdT wrote:

(Wasn't Kojiro supposed to be TCTF?)

Kojiro is a Comguy Ninja
I think you mean Casey.

EdT wrote:

I like your current script with the 3 support players.  But now we need more and harder enemies.

That's the point where we add Spartans&Friends.

EdT wrote:

One thing that needs to be fixed is the ONCV in the ONCC for the new characters. I saw one enemy Striker that had the Behemoth class appearance.

Sure but I haven't any experience with that file type. I would be glad if could tell me one or two things about it.

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/10/08 16:09)

#11 09/10/08 20:09

EdT
Website

I think we need to create new ONCVasura_OT, ONCVjoetunn_OT, ONCVbehemoth_OT and ONCVmotoko files and then link to them in their ONCC file at <Variant>ONCVcharclass</Variant> for the new characters.  This will prevent the normal red, strikers, elites to use the new character's traits.

You're right I was thinking of Casey. 

But in the new mod using a new level, the player should be Kojiro not Konoko.

P.S. It looks like Neo is examining ONIE...

#12 09/11/08 14:09

Loser

Guys, HERE is pack of super particles for asura class. You have to link it into Red's ONCP. Just add particle superglow, PAR3 name is asurasuperglow_e01, bodypart index is 08 - chest.

And yes, it is not great, I just had to take a break from TRAMs, so I experimented with particles a bit. I tried to make it as much similar as possible to Asura picture.

Last edited by Loser (09/11/08 14:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#13 09/13/08 13:09

paradox-01

YEAH! New models, weapons, exploding barrels and daodan stuff - Oni experience a new modding wave.
Loser, I like it! It's in the updated(*) pack now. Plus, you gave me one more idea to test. Heck, there's so much work to do. big_smile

Daya_Asura_Chenille_by_Loser_previe.png

Also a thanks to you, Ed. I managed to fix the variant problem. You can find there(*) also an ONCV and ONVL for Motoko.

@ "But [...] the player should be Kojiro not Konoko."
Is there a way change to player character without "chr_set_class"? I wanna keeping this mod mac-friendly.

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/13/08 13:09)

#14 09/13/08 14:09

Gumby

Yeah, by changing the BINACHAR. Which is no big deal for new levels.

#15 09/13/08 14:09

ONIrules

Nice!! I wonder... when asura class characters are overpowered do they do more damage when they hit other chars?

#16 09/13/08 14:09

Gumby

When any character is Overpowered they do more damage, IIRC.

#17 09/13/08 15:09

EdT
Website

I wonder where in the Oni's data files is the reference that tells Oni which character is the defualt player for that level.
For example in level 14 its Konoko, level 18 its A_player and level 19 its char_0.

paradox: I'll have to give your mod a try later today, going to setup a new level and see how it works.

#18 09/13/08 15:09

Gumby

Edit, look in the BINACHAR. All characters are named there, including Konoko.

#19 09/13/08 15:09

paradox-01

Ok, found it. It is "<Flags>IsPlayer</Flags>".

#20 09/13/08 18:09

EdT
Website

paradox: now we can set any AI to be the player with that flag.

It was easy to create a new level.  Since its your mod, what do you want to name it and the folder for the scripts?

For some strange reason, if I start at save point 1, Konoko just falls to her death.

Last edited by EdT (09/13/08 22:09)

#21 09/14/08 04:09

paradox-01

Alright, Kojiro will be the player character (with more jump power so he's able to reach the snipers).

"VR mission: Syndicate training" as level name in menu (with five save points) and "VR_compound" as script folder would be nice.

Is she falling through the ground or dying when she lands?
Konoko shouldn't fall at all in SP1, only in the intro (SP0). hmm

#22 09/14/08 11:09

Your_Mom
Website

Dang those particles on look awesome.

droid803sig.jpg

#23 09/14/08 19:09

EdT
Website

EDIT: geyser says this IS NOT Kojiro... so what should we name him?

kojiro.jpg

Last edited by EdT (09/14/08 21:09)

#24 09/14/08 20:09

VitalFlame

That Looks Awesomeee

#25 09/15/08 09:09

love_Oni

paradox-01 wrote:

YEAH! New models, weapons, exploding barrels and daodan stuff - Oni experience a new modding wave.
Loser, I like it! It's in the updated(*) pack now. Plus, you gave me one more idea to test.

I know you added Konoko's willow kick and twister kicks TRAMs to the grey fury's, but I want to ask you that: If I copy Konoko's TRAMs to the grey fury (without changing anything), when Fury performs those TRAMs she will look a bit floating, but I guess you copied Konoko's TRAMs to the grey fury, change something (maybe the animation's height), so when she performs those TRAMs, she will not look floating anymore. How did you do that? (I mean which parts in the .xml file after extracting the TRAM should be change?)

I was thinking your idea for the Syndicate vs BGI at the compound would work as a new level. Instead of playing as Konoko, you'll play as a different character.

Edit, look in the BINACHAR. All characters are named there, including Konoko.

@ "But [...] the player should be Kojiro not Konoko."
Is there a way change to player character without "chr_set_class"? I wanna keeping this mod mac-friendly.

I think the little disadvantageous thing is: If we change Konoko to another class (I mean Kojiro), that will be more excited when playing the new script, but the other script... you'll see you can't attack your "used-to-be-enemies" (I'm hardly to find the word). So... I think we should keep the level19's original 'BINACJBOCharacter.oni'. Unluckily, I forgot to do that, so I must reinstall the AE (Oh)

P.S: So who is Kojiro, who is Casey? I don't understand clearly.

Last edited by love_Oni (09/16/08 04:09)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

Board footer