Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/21/08 13:06

marianosi

Oni mods!

Hello, am new at that forum.I have problem with instaling mods for Oni when i download OTA( oni team area) there are some map files i copy them to gamedata-->igmd and dont know how to lunch it. Plase help if anybody can write  mods instaling guide step by step for me wink. Thanks for all!

#2 06/21/08 13:06

Barneyhater
Website

Re: Oni mods!

Theres a read-me floating around here somewhere... Anyways what you do is you take the files and go to the appropriate folder (for example if you want to play compound OTA you go to the compound folder) and you take the files in that folder out and put them... somewhere. As long as you don't lose these files its fine. Then you go to the folder with the OTA files in them and put them into the now empty folder. Now start up Oni, and go to that level (for example Syndicate Compound). And you should be set!

And welcome to the forum!!

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#3 06/21/08 14:06

marianosi

Thank you very much for help!!. Anyway do u prefer some mods or do you know some good ones smile?

#4 06/21/08 14:06

Your_Mom
Website

http://script10k.oni2.net/scripts.html has a lot of good scripts smile

droid803sig.jpg

#5 06/21/08 15:06

Barneyhater
Website

You should install Aniversary Edition (If you haven't already). Then you can get new characters such as Motoko (from Ghost in the Shell) and Masterchief (from Halo) and be able to edit Oni easier. And in it, they added a few new guns such as a lightweight, storable wave motion cannon (Barabus' gun). And the ninja gun (It shoots that red thing that Mukade shoots). And you can shapeshift into any characters. And it does your tax reports, And has a built in massage chair. Well maybe not the last two =P
Here's the link that explains it http://wiki.oni2.net/AE (and where you can download it)
Btw, do you have a PC or Mac?

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#6 06/21/08 16:06

Your_Mom
Website

Oh yes, definitely AE.
Even if you're not going to mod yourself, being able to shapeshift to any character on any level is always fun.

droid803sig.jpg

#7 06/24/08 06:06

marianosi

Of course i have pc tongue (windows xp) smile. Anyway i love oni and i must get anniversary edition. Anyway sory for not replying long

#8 06/24/08 06:06

marianosi

Hmm guyz need a little bit of help tongue that aniversary edition have 600kb? xD. On wiki is newest relase it have 600kb

#9 06/24/08 06:06

marianosi

Need help dont know how to instal it sad. there are some dos files in it and it have only near 1 mb!!! sad(

Edit : Realy sory for Triple posting!!! i spoted ''Edit'' buton now ;/

That what i done to install it:

Extracted Edition to oni folder. i go to instal folder inside it  and lauch big deal and in dos window i have writen that many files cannot be found etc

Last edited by marianosi (06/24/08 06:06)

#10 06/24/08 10:06

paradox-01

Let's start over. Here is a check list.

1) What version of Oni do you have installed? (Full version or demo?)

2) In which language do you have installed Oni? (English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, etc. ?)

3) Check what version of 7AE you have downloaded. (For Oni full version (wedition.zip) or for demo (weditiond.zip) ?)

4) Check your 7AE intall path.

For example: Oni\wedition\edition\install will not work and onisplit will tell you that it doesn't find any file. It must be Oni\edition\install

Last edited by paradox-01 (06/24/08 10:06)

#11 06/25/08 02:06

marianosi

I have instaled full version in english on my pc (xp) and oni with patch i have downloaded zip wedition and uinzip it as edition folder to oni, and it instaled ( 59 elements in dos and something at end have error '' cannot find file'' but I can shapeshift in any character but i dont have masterchief and any other new characters maybe something instaled wrong?.(when i instaled i lunched big_deal) and when something uinziped i run something in folder edition like {Oni_windowed} in dos window and game lunched.But i dont see any changes in it!!

#12 06/25/08 02:06

love_Oni

Looks like you haven't install .NET framework yet. It is required to install the 7AE for Oni.
You can download it here.

Barneyhater wrote:

You should install Aniversary Edition (If you haven't already). Then you can get new characters such as Motoko (from Ghost in the Shell) and Masterchief (from Halo) and be able to edit Oni easier. And in it, they added a few new guns such as a lightweight, storable wave motion cannon (Barabus' gun). And the ninja gun (It shoots that red thing that Mukade shoots). And you can shapeshift into any characters. And it does your tax reports, And has a built in massage chair. Well maybe not the last two =P
Here's the link that explains it http://wiki.oni2.net/AE (and where you can download it)
Btw, do you have a PC or Mac?

1. I've install the last update 7AE but I couldn't see Motoko in anywhere. I think Motoko character is only being worked in progress?
2. In the original version of Oni, I can change to the ninja gun but when I continuously pressing F7 key in the edition version, I don't see any ninja gun. I think it has been change to the gun which shoot the red electricity?

Last edited by love_Oni (06/25/08 02:06)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#13 06/25/08 03:06

paradox-01

1) Motoko, Masterchief and other stuff are available as plugins. (Update your daodan^_^ if necessary.)
2) Cycle through the weapons. The second screamer should have Mukade's fireworks as primary fire mode.

#14 06/25/08 08:06

marianosi

Thanks for help guyz i made it !! xP i instaled Oni Anniversary Edition!

#15 06/25/08 09:06

love_Oni

paradox-01 wrote:

1) Motoko, Masterchief and other stuff are available as plugins. (Update your daodan^_^ if necessary.)
2) Cycle through the weapons. The second screamer should have Mukade's fireworks as primary fire mode.

1) Hm, because I don't understand anything at importing characters, looks like I need to wait for the next update of 7AE (hope the 'head-to-wall' will come up soon tongue). Though I've updated the daodan.dll, I can only see those 3 masterchief but I still can't see Motoko.
2) Ah thanks, I've seen that gun.

#16 06/25/08 09:06

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Did you get the modified Oni program that enables plugins:
http://paradox.oni2.net/mods/Oni_level_ … retail.rar

Now just get some plugins: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … id=508&p=1
Put the files that says "PC" in your GameDataFolder. Now cycle trhough the characters with shapeshifter and if you added the Motoko plugin, she will appear at some point.

#17 06/25/08 09:06

love_Oni

Ah, I can see Motoko now. She is a very interesting character to play. Thank you very much.

#18 06/25/08 09:06

paradox-01

Could we make a little test ? I get the feeling that these hacked exes are redundant since the last daodan. I've version 0.6.7 from here and a normal exe from here.

Last edited by paradox-01 (06/25/08 10:06)

#19 06/25/08 10:06

love_Oni

I've just realized that Motoko doesn't have 'getup back kick - lying face down' move. Why don't we give her Konoko's one?

#20 06/25/08 10:06

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Go ahead and add any moves you want.  You will need to edit the TRACmotoko_animations.oni file as .xml. Once you're happy with the moves you've given motoko, please post the file so we can try it out. smile

Board footer