Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/19/08 07:05

Kemot722

Re: How can i get storming the compound script

This Storming script runs with 3 fps.

I tried SYNDICATE MOUNTAIN COMPOUND DM PACK from Wiki - OTA 1.1. There is another bug with characters in Anniversary Edition:
gallery-53686813.jpg
Opponents hitted from behind, lie on the ground and... they lie. They are not dead, but they do nothing. You can kick them to death.

I'm back again smile

#27 05/19/08 12:05

Your_Mom
Website

Oh yea...that only happens in the first arena. Might be something to do with the area being too large :S

droid803sig.jpg

#28 05/19/08 16:05

Kemot722

I've never been on the next area. Everytime I play this script, I see "Blam! Oni crashed" after several minutes of gameplay. hmm

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/19/08 16:05)

I'm back again smile

#29 05/19/08 16:05

EdT
Website

Kemot722: Did you do the patch fix: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 2243#p2243

#30 05/19/08 18:05

Kemot722

EdT wrote:

Kemot722: Did you do the patch fix: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 2243#p2243

I used to use ONI.exe for Windows XP and Daodan DLL, but now I have in ONI folder Daodan DLL and Eastern EXE. I can play on all arenas with NO BLAMS - by the way: I very like the SMC 1.1 script from Wiki smile

The enemy team has Black Elite Striker - you add him to BINACJBOCharacter.oni for Storming script. That was nice suprise big_smile - I haven't tried adding characters to BINACJBOCharacter.oni yet.

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/19/08 18:05)

I'm back again smile

#31 05/19/08 19:05

Gumby

*sigh* I never added my 1.1 import of DreamLab to the wiki. Any ideas as to where I can host it?

Eventually, I would like to make an "upgrade" to OTA. But everything I could think of always required things that Oni can't do.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#32 05/19/08 22:05

love_Oni

I have a little question.
In some OTA 1.1 script, it requires the record/stop record key to turn on the menu. However, we need the functions (put in 'startup.txt') to make the key like that, such as F5, F6, but I ...forgot the functions. Can you make it for me?

Last edited by love_Oni (05/19/08 22:05)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#33 05/19/08 22:05

Gumby

love_Oni, do you have a Mac?

If you do, I don't believe that key combo works. Otherwise, just press F5 and it should work.

#34 05/20/08 09:05

Iritscen

love_Oni, I think you mean "keyconfig.txt", not "startup.txt".

I don't think love_Oni is a Mac user, so this isn't relevant to helping him, but I know there is some key for starting/stopping recording on the Mac because I hit it by accident the other day.  It might have been an F-key.  But whatever it was, it was a preset key; I didn't have to set anything up, and I thought that was true for the PC too.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#35 05/20/08 10:05

love_Oni

love_Oni, I think you mean "keyconfig.txt", not "startup.txt".

Ah, right. It's my mistake. I should wrote 'keyconfig.txt' instead of 'startup.txt'

Gumby wrote:

love_Oni, do you have a Mac?

If you do, I don't believe that key combo works. Otherwise, just press F5 and it should work.

I don't know what 'Mac' is. What was that?
(Sorry, I looked up the word 'Mac' in my dictionary but it said that was a 'mackintosh' sad)

Last edited by love_Oni (05/20/08 10:05)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#36 05/20/08 10:05

Kemot722

I see Mortar is different one in enemy team in SMC OTA 1.1 script - one time he is Red Elite, another time Black Elite (random?)

First time Mortar was black and he always knew where I am. Now he totally can't see me and he attacks everybody from my team, but not me (ally for me? - this looks random too)
gallery-53795096.jpg

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/20/08 11:05)

I'm back again smile

#37 05/20/08 10:05

Iritscen

love_Oni wrote:

!!!

The Macintosh is a high-quality line of computers, made by Apple.  If it weren't for the Mac OS, you wouldn't have the cheap knock-off of the OS called Windows.  Could it be they are called something else in Vietnam?  We Mac users have been freed from the tyranny of Windows and hardware compatibility issues as well as spyware and viruses and live in a beautiful world where our computers don't fight us.  Unfortunately our version of Oni has an inferior Dev Mode; we always get neglected in the area of video games.

#38 05/20/08 14:05

Barneyhater
Website

Iritscen wrote:
love_Oni wrote:

!!!

The Macintosh is a high-quality line of computers, made by Apple.  If it weren't for the Mac OS, you wouldn't have the cheap knock-off of the OS called Windows.  Could it be they are called something else in Vietnam?  We Mac users have been freed from the tyranny of Windows and hardware compatibility issues as well as spyware and viruses and live in a beautiful world where our computers don't fight us.  Unfortunately our version of Oni has an inferior Dev Mode; we always get neglected in the area of video games.

yea the drawback is because the mac isn't what the majority of people buy, many people dont make games for it. my dad actually uses the mac mainly for artwork =/

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#39 05/20/08 18:05

Your_Mom
Website

Gumby wrote:

*sigh* I never added my 1.1 import of DreamLab to the wiki. Any ideas as to where I can host it?

Eventually, I would like to make an "upgrade" to OTA. But everything I could think of always required things that Oni can't do.

If you send it over, I'll host it on my oni2.net site. You could probably get your own too.

droid803sig.jpg

#40 05/20/08 20:05

Gumby

I have an oni2.net account, but I don't have an FTP proggy right now, and I forgot my password. I'll have to catch Alloc on MSN sometime.

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=293

But I have to update the readme and stuff, so don't upload it yet tongue

Barneyhater wrote:
Iritscen wrote:
love_Oni wrote:

!!!

yea the drawback is because the mac isn't what the majority of people buy, many people dont make games for it. my dad actually uses the mac mainly for artwork =/

"hardware compatibility issues"

Those issues have been ironed out. At least it is easy for us to upgrade hardware >_>

"spyware and viruses"

When Mac's only have 7% why would people write viruses attacking them? the other 90% (windows) is a much bigger target. And I haven't gotten a virus ever unless I do stupid things like P2P recklessly.

"computers dont fight us"

Not sure what you mean by that tongue

Last edited by Gumby (05/20/08 20:05)

#41 05/21/08 08:05

Iritscen

When Mac's only have 7% why would people write viruses attacking them? the other 90% (windows) is a much bigger target. And I haven't gotten a virus ever unless I do stupid things like P2P recklessly.

14%, actually.  And regardless of whether OS X has no viruses and spyware because it's more secure (it's based on a system that's been getting improved for decades, after all) or because less people use it, it still has no viruses or spyware.  And while a smarter PC user like you can avoid viruses, think of how many people's PCs get hijacked by botnets all the time because they don't know how to prevent spyware/bots from infecting the computer.  It's a big problem.

I know, you haven't owned a Mac.  It's not something you can understand until you do.

#42 05/24/08 19:05

Kemot722

Today I tried to play "StormOTA1.1.bsl" on hacked exe for level plugins, but I'm not sure it's important.

I saw these problems:

1. Motion is slower, slower, slower... Motion is 2 fps and I have no control to my character. Konoko starts running and she runs, runs, runs... she is on the wall, but still running and I can't stop her - only by Esc button on keyboard to see main menu of ONI.

2. My hardware is "tired" - a lot of RAM in use.

Changing the number of characters is useless - only motion saves speed for longer time, but finally gets 2 fps.

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/24/08 19:05)

I'm back again smile

#43 05/24/08 19:05

Gumby

Iritscen wrote:

14%, actually.  And regardless of whether OS X has no viruses and spyware because it's more secure (it's based on a system that's been getting improved for decades, after all) or because less people use it, it still has no viruses or spyware.  And while a smarter PC user like you can avoid viruses, think of how many people's PCs get hijacked by botnets all the time because they don't know how to prevent spyware/bots from infecting the computer.  It's a big problem.

I know, you haven't owned a Mac.  It's not something you can understand until you do.

There are a few viruses: http://antivirus.about.com/od/macintosh … ources.htm

I have tried using a Mac. Not a fun experience as I am used to having a normal mouse, not some mutated thing with one and a half buttons.
Also, Mac's don't have DX10.

#44 05/24/08 19:05

EdT
Website

Kemot722: Did you try restarting your computer?
What happens if you remove the BGI plugin and continue using the hacked version?
What happens if you go back to the previous version of Oni?

Testing these variations can give us a clue as to what might be wrong.

Also, in an earlier post, did you say you can see the Masterchiefs without the hacked version?

#45 05/24/08 21:05

Barneyhater
Website

Gumby wrote:

I have tried using a Mac. Not a fun experience as I am used to having a normal mouse, not some mutated thing with one and a half buttons.
Also, Mac's don't have DX10.

If you dont like using a mac mouse you could always use the pc mouse (thats what I use)

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#46 05/27/08 08:05

Iritscen

Gumby wrote:

Well, I stand corrected.  Although, for those who aren't Mac-savvy, I will point out that most of those viruses are very old.  But yeah, there's some recent, OS X ones there.

I never use Apple's mice, actually, I get a nice multi-button mouse and use OS X's preferences to map functions like Expose to the extra buttons.  Right-clicking works automatically.  Macs have long supported right-clicks and scroll wheels, but people didn't realize that because the actual mouse they got with their Mac was one-button.  Now that's been corrected, but Apple's one-button mice damaged some PC users' view of the Mac for a long time.

Sorry, I guess I'm derailing this thread.  I'll stop now.

#47 05/27/08 12:05

Gumby

Hah. Mee too. There probably isn't that much difference between them. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Both are a yummy type of fruit, but completely different in taste.

#48 05/28/08 09:05

paradox-01

Edit: Forget fixed exe(s). SFeLi and Geyser have a new dll (v0.6.6) for us. smile
http://wiki.oni2.net/Daodan_DLL

Last edited by paradox-01 (05/28/08 10:05)

#49 05/29/08 17:05

Kemot722

EdT wrote:

Kemot722: Did you try restarting your computer?

Restarting doesn't take effects - Game loses a speed again.

EdT wrote:

What happens if you remove the BGI plugin and continue using the hacked version?

I played StormOTA1.1 before I tried BGI plugins - I can't see any differents.

EdT wrote:

What happens if you go back to the previous version of Oni?

I tested StormOTA1.1 on previous version of ONI and I can quote Shinatama from intro to Airport - This is horrible!. I'm alone! Nobody more, but I see a lot of new comments about somebody's death. Characters die, but they don't on arena and they don't fight. Game has normal motion.

In AE game slows down during adding the characters - more characters, less speed

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/29/08 17:05)

I'm back again smile

Board footer