Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/15/08 08:05

hotrod

How can i get storming the compound script

yeh i just got the anniversary edition, where could i find the "storming the compound" script thanx

#2 05/15/08 09:05

Iritscen

Re: How can i get storming the compound script

Although I'm not 100% sure which script you mean, there's a ton of 'em here: http://script10000.oni2.net/scripts.html

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/15/08 10:05

EdT
Website

hotrod: Storming the Compound was modified to so that you are the viewer, not a participant.  Did you want to actually fight in the script?  If so, I'll need to fix it.
Then I'll upload the files which will include the script and the modified compound files so you can get the black ops team.

iriscen: he was referring to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhVO-L96XI

#4 05/15/08 10:05

Iritscen

Ah, that's right, I forgot the title of the video.

#5 05/15/08 20:05

EdT
Website

Here you go: http://edt.oni2.net/AE/StormCompound.zip

You will need to put the files in the correct folders in the GameDataFolder and then rebuild level0 and level19.

Have fun!

#6 05/16/08 02:05

hotrod

hey thanks this is a pretty friendly site not many people would go out of their way
thanks very much smile

oh yeh im a noob so what do u mean by rebuild neutral

Last edited by hotrod (05/16/08 03:05)

#7 05/16/08 05:05

Kemot722

go to ..\edition\install & double-click on step9999 - I'm noob, too wink

I think, we mustn't to copy .DS_Store file... OK, I'll try it. Thanks for Storming script, EdT.

Oh..... The game runs SLOWLY when full teams appeared. I'm frightened of it - I have 2 RAM & Core2 Duo processor. The new black-ops girl is... IMMORTAL without "liveforever" code, but only in this Storming script.

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/16/08 06:05)

I'm back again smile

#8 05/16/08 06:05

hotrod

I've got the character models but the script itself isn't running hmm little help please

Last edited by hotrod (05/16/08 06:05)

#9 05/16/08 06:05

Kemot722

Oh, sorry hotrod... I forgot to say you about something - original files to levels (cut-scenes etc.) are respawned after double-click on step9999. You should erase them to play OTA.

I'm back again smile

#10 05/16/08 06:05

hotrod

all of them or just the ones that were replaced? I am really noob:(

Last edited by hotrod (05/16/08 07:05)

#11 05/16/08 07:05

Kemot722

All of them and input script file(s) - this Storming script has only one file called StormOTA1.1

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/16/08 07:05)

I'm back again smile

#12 05/16/08 07:05

hotrod

IT WORKS! with extreme lag..... but works nonetheless

thanx everyone! and especially to kemot who isn't really so noob big_smile

#13 05/16/08 07:05

EdT
Website

hotrod: We all started as noobs, so don't hesitate to ask questions.  You might not get an answer right away, since we are a worldwide community and we're in different time zones, but you'll get one eventually.

Kemot722: Thanks for the tech support smile

Sorry about the .DS_Store files. I'm on a Mac so those files are visible to PC users.

As I stated earlier, that script was modified so the player was like the camera, so I could make the Storming the Compound video.  So I forgot about the invincible part of the code.  Do a search of the script for chr_invincible 0 1 and delete that line. It appears in the RESPAWN LOGIC (CORE) section of the code.

The script is very CPU intensive so, to reduce the number of combatants, look for the TEAMS sections and comment out a few of the lines that start with AddPlayer like this: #AddPlayer(Syndicate, B_Sr9, "[b.Striker]"); sleep 150;

#14 05/16/08 08:05

Kemot722

I have deleted chr_invincible 0 1 and changed number of players - player, 1 ally, 2 enemies. Game run faster, but for short time.... RAM was eaten.

After return to Windows, I needed to restart... - no reaction for any clicks.

I'm back again smile

#15 05/16/08 08:05

Iritscen

Wow, that's strange that Windows would react that way.  I wonder if that happens to other Windows users.  Certainly on my Mac, if something chews up the RAM, and then is quit, the computer's slow for a while as it reclaims memory for other apps.  But I don't get that when Oni runs.  Maybe I should try running this script in particular.

#16 05/16/08 09:05

EdT
Website

Kemot722: Maybe part of the problem is that I had to comment out several lines in the code that were not Mac compatible.  Hopefully, someone like Script_10k or Gumby can go through it and fix the changes.

I based my script on this one: http://geyser.oni2.net/OniTeamArena/WIP/ABPbis.zip  Can you see if you have the same issues.

Finally, try playing at the lowest resolution 640x480 and see if it makes a difference.

#17 05/16/08 09:05

Kemot722

EdT wrote:

This one has another problem in OTA, which I see only in Anniversary Edition:
1) Airport - I have NO ALLIES! Only opponents & neutrals.
2) HQ fixed - Citizen Snipes has neverending respawning, he dies immediately after respawn and player has a little group of allies, too little.

On "classic" ONI, I have a good fun with these scripts.

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/16/08 09:05)

I'm back again smile

#18 05/16/08 10:05

EdT
Website

Kemot722:  That's strange about the lack of allies in the Airport version, using AE.

You can comment out the line that first adds Citizen Snipes in the HQ fixed version.

#19 05/16/08 10:05

love_Oni

Here you go: http://edt.oni2.net/AE/StormCompound.zip

You will need to put the files in the correct folders in the GameDataFolder and then rebuild level0 and level19.

Have fun!

Thanks about the script, it was so fun smile
But, it's a pity that I can only playing with the script (not including some modified in characters) because I can't use the AE. I've tried to download some softwares which required to install AE but I was refused (Microsoft said that my computer didn't have proper license numbers - do you know what it is?)
Anyway, I find the script very funny because I only have to fight against a little enemies with my poor friends Griffin and a Black-ops SWAT (they was very amusing big_smile)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#20 05/16/08 11:05

Iritscen

I know that the Edition requires .NET for Windows users.  And Microsoft Update may require a genuine copy of Windows before it will install .NET.  I assume your copy of Windows is genuine? (You may not want to answer that :-)

Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

#21 05/16/08 11:05

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Have you tried the other versions of Oni Team Arena, which do not require AE:
http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:OTA

Storming the Compound was made to show off the cool features of Anniversary Edition, so it was really modified in comparison to the regular versions.

#22 05/16/08 15:05

Your_Mom
Website

EdT wrote:

iriscen: he was referring to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhVO-L96XI

OT: Wow, PRIDE by High and Mighty Color? The Gundam SEED Destiny opening? lol

droid803sig.jpg

#23 05/16/08 15:05

EdT
Website

OT: Wow, PRIDE by High and Mighty Color? The Gundam SEED Destiny opening?

Correct! You get a cookie!

#24 05/16/08 15:05

Kemot722

EdT wrote:

Kemot722:  That's strange about the lack of allies in the Airport version, using AE.

Oh, I was wrong, sorry. I can't remember when I played this script last time... In my team are 3 civilians. What the characters alamo_thug_1 & LoadingBay_Thug_1 are? They are in my team too.

Enemy team is much stronger - a lot of Strikers attacks me in the same time. Civilians in my team die quickly like flies. During fight with enemies, I didn't find time to look for allies hmm

EdT wrote:

You can comment out the line that first adds Citizen Snipes in the HQ fixed version.

I've done it. No more Citizen Snipes's death looped.

In "classic" ONI, I played on Normal Difficulity and now in AE on Hard. I think sometimes there is something wrong because gameplay is really hard - I can't find allies when many enemies attacked me. I see in scripts.... enemy team is bigger than ally team (for example in HQ fixed: 6 allies & 10 enemies). Maybe I'll change number of enemy players to get teams with the same number of players. I know I can count Comguys like half-opponents, because one Comguy is dead after 3 punches wink

Last edited by Kemot722 (05/16/08 15:05)

I'm back again smile

#25 05/17/08 03:05

love_Oni

Kemot722: If the gameplay was too hard, you can type the cheat code 'chenille', so that you will be a little stronger (even I usually do that, it just sometimes I can win the play big_smile)

EdT wrote:

Have you tried the other versions of Oni Team Arena, which do not require AE:
http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:OTA

Yes, I have try it. Only the script 'Storming the Compound' is the one I can't play with all of its feature.

Iritscen wrote:

I know that the Edition requires .NET for Windows users.  And Microsoft Update may require a genuine copy of Windows before it will install .NET.  I assume your copy of Windows is genuine? (You may not want to answer that :-)

Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

Like the first time I tried, it doesn't work. Anyway, thanks for helping me, Iritscen.

Last edited by love_Oni (05/17/08 03:05)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

Board footer