Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/19/08 21:04

ONIrules

Height Problems in characters

When I swap animations from Muro to the Black Ops why did the Black Ops feet is sticking to the ground only while standing? Also that swapping animation from Elite Striker to Comguy, the Comguy's feet is levitating. Can you like increase or decrease the height so that that character is touching the floor?

#2 04/19/08 21:04

Gumby

Re: Height Problems in characters

It sounds like something isn't quite right. I'm curious...What happens when you put Black Ops animations on Muro?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 04/19/08 22:04

ONIrules

Maybe you see Muro floating in the air by 1 cm from the ground.

#4 04/20/08 00:04

EdT
Website

I've had a similar experience. Apparently, the animations are expecting the character to be a certain size, height, length of arms and legs.  So when you swap animations to a character that is different in size from the original, you get the problems you mentioned.

According to this page: http://wiki.oni2.net/TRAM  part of the code deals with the [b]y-position part (heights) of the pelvis in the raw file[b].  So it would require much hacking to get the animation to work correctly for another character.

#5 04/21/08 08:04

Iritscen

Could a modder write a script (not an Oni script, a perl script or whatever) that would alter the TRAM's pelvis y components automatically, offsetting them by a certain amount?  It seems like that would just cause a problem for the character who originally had that TRAM.  I guess you'd be replacing the second character's TRAM with a copy of the first character's TRAM, so then you could mod the copied TRAM just for the second character's height, right?  So you just have the script deduct dY from the y component in all frames, where dY is the difference in height between char. A and char. B.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 04/29/08 17:04

ONIrules

That is so complicated. I just want to know which binary file I can edit to increase it (not sure is it the TRAM file). Even Mutant Muro does some animation that the regular Muro have just in different height like MURCOMthrow_fw and MURCOMrun_thw_fw.

#7 04/30/08 10:04

Iritscen

I was assuming that each frame of animation had to be modded, but what happens if you just change the part of the TRAM that has pelvis height?  Maybe it's just a single modification that needs to be made.  (The pelvis height's location is clearly marked on the wiki's TRAM page.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 04/30/08 16:04

Gumby

Hmm. Well, if the pelvis is the bone everything is linked to, that might be crazy enough to work.

A quick wway to test this out would be to modify Shinatama's TRAMs. She is already off, but this might get rid of the floating she does.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer