Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/28/08 05:03

coool

why sometimes the bsl files didn't work?

I put .bsl files in level19,that's what  I used before.but sometimes it dosn't work(just like it have no bsl files)
and sometimes it worked.

I didn't change any other things,only change bsl file in level19

this happened many times before,and i don't know why

but if I type "fork bossrush"in game(I have   func void bossrush(void){}   in bsl file), it could work

#2 03/28/08 10:03

Iritscen

Re: why sometimes the bsl files didn't work?

It should work if you have typed "fork bossrush" in one of the original bsl files.  Are you saying that sometimes the exact same code works, and sometimes it doesn't work, without being changed?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/28/08 13:03

coool

Yes I have typed "fork bossrush" in one of the bsl files in compound folder.

I said that I use A(A means the bsl files),it worked.But while I used other bsl files and then use A again,they didn't work…I did't change any thing.

for example,I use these: b.bsl, main.bsl, bossrush.bsl yesterday,and then I use other bsl files.
now I use b.bsl, main.bsl,  bossrush.bsl again,they didn't work.(I send the files to other players,some of them could use the files,and some of them could't...Just like the files can't work when I used them again)
but if I type the code what's in bossrush.bsl to main.bsl,it worked again...

It seems that I use one bsl file only,it must work.but I type the code in several bsl files,they usually don't work like this

#4 03/28/08 13:03

Iritscen

for example,I use these: b.bsl, main.bsl, bossrush.bsl yesterday,and then I use other bsl files.

What do you mean by "then I use other bsl files"?  I didn't understand that part.

I send the files to other players,some of them could use the files,and some of them could't

That's strange.  I think you have to post the files for us to see what could be wrong.  I suspect that there's a problem with the format of the text files that you're creating (not the code you're writing, but the file's text encoding).  Can you can post all the files in a .zip?

#5 03/29/08 06:03

coool

"then I use other bsl files" means that I use the other bsl files like the original,or OTA,or other.and then I use    b.bsl, main.bsl, bossrush.bsl  again

I added some charaters to level 19,so I post the BINACJBOCharacter.oni also

I use them just now,and they work again...

#6 03/29/08 22:03

EdT
Website

It doesn't run on a Mac :-(  I tried all the save-points...

When I have time, I'll see if I can de-bug it.

Are you able to post videos of your script?

#7 03/30/08 02:03

coool

coool wrote:

I use them just now,and they work again...

ft..i said it work that time,but after playing OTA in level19,now they don't work again...
this is the video,you can see while I type "bossrush",then game start...and the save point 0 is so strange...
At he end of the video,another strange thing is the OutroNinja's death...it never happened before.

I don't know why,I can't post my video to youtobe,may be it's because youtube is a foreign website,it's too slow for me.So,I post it to a Chinese website,can you see it?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9hC4_Uwd_vc/

this script,save point 1 is bossrush,2 and 3 are team fight
I said that if I type the codes what's in bossrush.bsl to main.bsl,it must work...is there any difference?...same code,only one difference is typed in one or two bsl file~

#8 03/30/08 13:03

Gumby

Hold on here.

What bsl files are in your level 19 folder?

...and what does bussrush.bsl do? Is it a combination of OTA and something else? I can't watch the video on this computer. Hopefully I'll have a normal computer tomorrow.

Last edited by Gumby (03/30/08 13:03)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 03/31/08 01:03

coool

Gumby wrote:

What bsl files are in your level 19 folder?

I have post the bsl files here,just see it~

#10 03/31/08 09:03

Iritscen

Wow, I watched the video.  I'm impressed.  You're good, coool.  Also, that's an interesting script.

The way it works out in the video is that it's basically the player (coool uses Muro) vs. Barabas, then Konoko, then Mukade.  But Konoko gets a Daodan spike in the middle of the battle, and the room darkens before Mukade's fight, which is a nice effect.  Mukade dies with like one hit, though, so I guess the script isn't done yet :-)

Also, the actual script files seem to be much more involved than I thought they would be from watching the video.  I will need to take time to analyze them.

#11 03/31/08 09:03

coool

Iritscen wrote:

Wow, I watched the video.  I'm impressed.  You're good, coool.  Also, that's an interesting .

The way it works out in the video is that it's basically the player (coool uses Muro) vs. Barabas, then Konoko, then Mukade.  But Konoko gets a Daodan spike in the middle of the battle, and the room darkens before Mukade's fight, which is a nice effect.  Mukade dies with like one hit, though, so I guess the script isn't done yet :-)

Also, the actual script files seem to be much more involved than I thought they would be from watching the video.  I will need to take time to analyze them.

Iritscen wrote:

I will need to take time to analyze them.

thanks~and I want to know this most:

coool wrote:

but if I type the code what's in bossrush.bsl to main.bsl,it worked again...

if you want to play this script,you'd better use the "Brutal Konoko "here,it makes ai konoko not easy.
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=307
And "type the code what's in bossrush.bsl to main.bsl" can make sure the bsl files work.

#12 03/31/08 10:03

Iritscen

Yeah, I'll try that.

#13 03/31/08 21:03

EdT
Website

Easy fix for Mac:
#chr_set_class 0 k4_A 

coool: I had no problem in playing save point 1,2, 3.  If you select save point 0, then nothing will happen, since there is no
if(save_point eq 0) in your script.

You might want to add: ui_suppress_prompt = 1 this will get rid of the "New combat move learned (F1)" message.

I liked both save point 1 and 2, can anyone beat those points without cheats???  smile
I hope you have more planned for save point 3, it was easy compared to the other two.

One suggestion, once your script is finished, wht you don't you make it into a single file.  This will prevent mixing different versions together, which may have caused your problems.

Nice job, keep posting your Oni vids, maybe you can get others to be interested in playing, scripting, hacking, Oni.

Board footer