Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/08/07 18:02

stripeytiger

Multiplayer?

Are there any plans for a multiplayer version of Oni?  I'm actually curious about that.  smile

#2 02/08/07 20:02

Last_Hero

Re: Multiplayer?

Come on, you should look up the old posts, or the Oni Galore site.....
It was being worked on at some point, I'm unsure as to whether or not it was a success or if it is even still being worked on.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

#3 02/09/07 05:02

geyser
Website

I concur. stripey, you suck for not browsing archives on the subject. Boo ya! smile
I don't want to talk for hours about this, but basically MP was more or less given up on by a few groups and individuals.
There's still hope, though (and actually, more and more hope as time passes), as long as SFeLi doesn't give up smile
SFeLi is the guy who's given us the Dev Mode, Direct Input controls, widescreen support and a few other nicicles.
The long-term goal is to unASM and document a very honorable percentage of Oni's engine, and then to:
*release an Oni SE executable: non-retail features (dev mode, widescreen), multiple language support, fixed bugs, extended BSL presets (more powerful scripting)
*release a trainer that lets you hook and control everything that's documented; similar interfaces could be used by multiplayer clients
So multiplayer is not dead, but it's not in active development, either. Development doesn't make much sense before Oni SE is there.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 04/05/07 16:04

geyser
Website

Dug up photographic sorta-evidence of Oni multiplayer. Looks familiar, EdT? smile

oni_MP_1.jpg
oni_MP_2.jpg

Last edited by geyser (04/05/07 17:04)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 04/05/07 16:04

Tosh
Website

Man I want that demo...
And that cutout...
>___<

So I take it they only made the multiplayer for Mac?

#6 04/05/07 17:04

geyser
Website

What I want is a little chat with the bald guy in both pictures...
And the new trivia is: who's the bald guy in those two pictures?

Last edited by geyser (04/05/07 17:04)

#7 04/05/07 17:04

EdT
Website

geyser: Where did you find those photos?  That's awesome!

That could be the same demo I saw at E3.  Apple had their own room and the computers were setup just like in the photos.

#8 04/05/07 17:04

geyser
Website

The pictures are from the Yahoo! Games Oni page.
The navigation is a bit messed-up, and so are the resources.
Those tho pictures are credited to Gamespot, among others.
But they are nowhere to be found on Gamespot's Oni pages.
They're actually hosted on yet another server, will look it up.
Check out the trivia thread for more on the bald guy smile

Board footer