Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/19/08 15:02

Jigsaw

Muro mutant hot fingers

Hi all. How can I do Muro's mutant hot fingers move? Do you know where can I find mod to be able to do that move? I'll be grateful

#2 02/19/08 18:02

geyser
Website

Re: Muro mutant hot fingers

You can't do that move any more that you can do Barabas's regeneration of Mukade's teleporting.
It's handled by the engine and is not bound to any command that the player can trigger normally.
However, both of Mutant Muro's specials are available as a weapon in the Anniversary Edition... smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 02/20/08 02:02

Jigsaw

Can I edit somehow the weapons?

#4 02/20/08 05:02

geyser
Website

You can, but only in binary. Either with OUP or your favorite hex editor.
If you have the Edition, the weapons are standalone ONWC*.oni files...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 02/20/08 12:02

Jigsaw

So how can i do that move with OUP?

#6 02/20/08 13:02

geyser
Website

I told you you can't do Mutant Muro's move. You can use a weapon that fires the same particles.
The latest version of the Edition includes that weapon: http://wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Edition
OUP modding is not recommended unless/until you know exactly what you want to do and how.

Last edited by geyser (02/20/08 13:02)

#7 02/20/08 14:02

Jigsaw

Ok. Thanks. Just what i need

#8 03/02/08 10:03

Jigsaw

I got a problem. When I install anniversary edition for PC then i cannot play ONI. Can I edit make that weapon with OUP? If yes could you tell me how?

Last edited by Jigsaw (03/02/08 10:03)

#9 03/02/08 12:03

geyser
Website

First, please tell us exactly what problem you have with playing Oni after the Edition is installed.
It's better for all of us if we figure out what it is... The Edition is supposed to work for everyone.

DIY instructions for "making" it here: http://wiki.oni2.net/ONK:Weapons#Telekinetic_bracelet

#10 03/16/08 02:03

Rich begger

yeah it is  a weapon (Why do you think you never see MM dashing?)

#11 03/16/08 07:03

geyser
Website

Oni's AI never dash. In the case of Mutant Muro it's just more blatant because of his distinctive running anims, but none of the other AI dash either, weapon or no weapon.
And no, Mutant Muro's Tractor is not handled as a weapon. It's a particle bound to a special animation triggered by the CMBT profile. Pretty much like Barabas's regeneration.

Board footer