Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 09/19/08 14:09

Iritscen

Re: Seventh Anniversary Edition, Version Absolute Zero

Post still in process, Loser?  Anyway, I will react anyway :-) I know you weren't talking to me.

One important point has to be stressed.  Loser made it before I could, so I'll just quote him:

[The] Edition is for those who played normal Oni already and want [a] new challenge.

Also, some of what Acharad wrote seems out of touch with the latest mods (or any of the mods you made), so I'm not sure it was even worth the time to write that whole post debating his accusations when he's probably not even playing the latest files ^_^

Acharad wrote (or quoted) that you shouldn't call a game easy when it's hard... no one's done that.  I don't recall anyone playing Loser's modded AI/TRAMs and going, "Easy!"  It is hard.  I am playing through Oni again with Loser's latest work, and even the basic Strikers are hard for me.  They really keep you on your toes.  If you don't maneuver, as Loser points out, then you're toast.  Maneuvering was never as necessary in the original Oni as it is now, so if you are coming straight from vanilla Oni, you, like me, are probably lazy and don't feel like trying as hard as you have to in order to win.  It's definitely more tiring to fight melee now smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#77 09/19/08 14:09

Loser

But IMO you have now better feeling of "winner" when you "finish that bastard off for sure". ^_^ At least I have it.
                                                                        Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#78 09/19/08 14:09

Iritscen

Yes, there's more satisfaction to winning now.

P.S.: I'm reminded of how tough the vision cones are on the enemy when I try to sneak up on them.  I don't think I've ever played a game where the enemy was (a) so very aware of movements in their peripheral vision (most AIs don't have what we call peripheral vision in RL), and (b) so persistent in tracking down something they heard/saw.  They could look harder, true, by walking around the level more, but just look at how long they actually stand in a spot and look around!  Most game AIs have ADD and quickly forget they heard anything; these guys are more realistic.  In real life, a guard doesn't just go, "Huh.  Thought I heard a noise, but nothing else happened for the next five seconds, so I give up."  It's a nice challenge.

P.P.S.: Further proof that this new poster is not playing the latest mods... just look what thread we're in!  That kinda gives him away right there.

#79 09/24/08 06:09

Acharad

Simply :

konoko was a heroine, but she is an housewife instead comparing to old Konoko big_smile ;

But evading is unable if you are not a tanker, Heavy Striker or somewhat else. Or you are running cloaked. Or you have to chew them by little morsels. And with most of unbalancing moves (sliding etc.)

By the way, the "close fight" is gone history, The Capoeira moves in game would be fun. Because the only common melee martial art based on evasive "hit and esquiva" that fits in the "new" playing system. (As seen on videos, konoko's old moves do not work any more..)

I downloaded the mod from Oni Galore, Dunno how recent is it... But if planned modifications written in "Oni Galore" is true, waiting for the last release state..

P.S. : All fixes released would be applied to all games that I played before and archived in my library. I'm installing the fixed files.. I'll write the differences after playing...

See you folks.

Edit after installed and played :
throwing,attacking and blockability fixed, So they cannot block my super attacks,too. Stalling the initiate of attack is a rational decide,agreed, but our heroine couldn't stall a combo attack before patched, These have been seems fixed.

And Weapon Accuracy increased, even while running, player character remains locked o target. Even the left-handed, bad shooter ninjas can make great shots.

The fixed version is much better, and kept the concept "sane" big_smile (No need for an Anime Max Payne style converter and guns damage augmenter to cover the battle glitches anymore smile )

Keep Going  cool

Last edited by Acharad (09/24/08 07:09)

#80 09/24/08 09:09

Iritscen

Glad you like the latest version.  I wasn't aware of any changes to the AI's aim, but I do like how they actually try to dodge your shots now.

On a note to the others, I wonder if we shouldn't "deprecate" this thread somehow, indicating in some way that this is not the latest version.  Yes, there's a Sticky at the top of the forum, but a lot of eyes might be drawn here too (this thread is near the top, too!).  Maybe we could change the thread title to say "OLD", or the first post to say "Do not download this version", or just remove the links to the files, which are still active.

#81 07/26/09 18:07

jessegullick

Dudes ive got a problem with shapeshifting i can cycle through some characters but then when i get to the black commguy commguy 3 i believe my game crashes ant advice?

#82 07/26/09 19:07

love_Oni

This topic is about an old version of AE. Have you tried the newest?

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#83 07/27/09 13:07

jessegullick

okay thx

Board footer