Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/14/14 20:01

lwangchuk88

Oni can't Open

I installed the Anniversary Edition Seven. Downloaded the boss battle and installed it. Now, when I tried to open Oni.exe, a rectangular black screen appears. And gets closed automatically. In short, I can't open the Oni.exe.

Please Help. The respond will be highly appreciated.

#2 01/14/14 21:01

Iritscen

Re: Oni can't Open

Hi, are you opening the Oni.exe within the AE/ folder?  If it's not opening, can you go into the AE Installer and choose Help>Request help?  This will send us the logs we need to diagnose the problem.  Thanks.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/14/14 21:01

lwangchuk88

Yes. I am rightly opening the Oni application from the AE folder. But it doesn't open, neither full screen nor windowed.

#4 01/14/14 22:01

lwangchuk88

Alrite. I sent an email by selecting the Help in AE.

#5 01/14/14 23:01

Iritscen

Interesting, haven't seen this error before.  It's possible that a mod download failed and this sabotaged the installation process.  Alloc will have to take a look at this when he wakes up.

#6 01/14/14 23:01

lwangchuk88

Thank you anyways for the concern sir. Please take a notice at my process;

1. Downloaded and Installed the AE 7
2. Updated the application
3. A folder named 'AE' came up in the Oni folder.
4. I installed a new mod: Boss Battle
5. I installed the dependency
6. And the Oni.exe in the AE folder can't open, (Yet there's no error appearing) instead a black rectangular screen appears and disappears (Oni doesn't open)

sad  sad  sad  sad  sad  sad  sad  sad

#7 01/14/14 23:01

lwangchuk88

This is the debugger

[== Undefined ==]
Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni_GameSettings.c, Line: 46 (message follows) 
Could not access game_settings template
Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni_Level.c, Line: 409 (message follows) 
Could not init game settings
Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni.c, Line: 943 (message follows) 
Could not load level zero

#8 01/15/14 08:01

Iritscen

Unfortunately, all that the debugger log tells us is that the game data could not be loaded.  This is simply because the levels were not built.  The question is why they weren't built.  I can see in the log that certain files were not found while trying to build the levels.

The main thing I don't understand is why you have a blank Initialization.log.  Did the AEI not ask you to initialize before you could install mods for the first time?  Perhaps you should select Mods>Re-initialize Edition and see if that helps.

The only other thing I can suggest while we wait for Alloc is that you remove space characters from the paths that lead to Oni.  That may cause problems for certain programs that support the AE.

#9 01/16/14 04:01

lwangchuk88

Sire what do u mean by space character?

#10 01/16/14 07:01

Samer
Website

Hi lungten he means no space in the path of the folder where you have oni example c:\mygames\oni instead of c:\my games\oni
But im not sure that will change much. Maybe update ur java and make sure u have the correct .Net installed And that no antivirus is interfering.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#11 01/16/14 09:01

Iritscen

Yeah, that was just my wild guess, spaces shouldn't usually be an issue as far as we know.  Now, lwangchuk88, you should have gotten an email from Alloc last night, did you get that?

Board footer