Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/10/13 12:05

AngelAlex3

Oni's Logic Idea!

**sorry my bad english**

This is a idea if someon can make this..you know you can put out or in big weapons and pistols...but where do you put them ?..my question is simple:Can someon make a mod when you put in your weapon,to appear on your back? like stayng there..and when you put out your gun to dissapear from there..I would do that,but im kinda new to scripting,and making maps..but this is just an idea..and sorry my bad english cool

PS: The facebook group is AWESOME

#2 05/10/13 12:05

Iritscen

Re: Oni's Logic Idea!

Welcome.  The concept has been discussed, and part of the solution was worked out here, but here's one practical problem to consider: what would it look like when a character has a big weapon on their back and they fall or roll backwards?  And where would the weapon go on Konoko's TCTF armor outfit with the "backpack", or for ninjas with their balancing rods?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/10/13 13:05

AngelAlex3

But what if we put the big weapons on the back and small weapons (pistols) on  one side..you know,how cops do it...

#4 05/10/13 14:05

paradox-01

The particle workaround would bring a drawback for real Daodan characters: whenever they holstered a gun (side/back) they would glow.

#5 05/10/13 19:05

Iritscen

But what if we put the big weapons on the back and small weapons (pistols) on  one side

My point was that the big weapons don't have a place they can fit on the back of some characters/outfits, plus the gun would be in the way when they fell down or rolled backwards.

The particle workaround would bring a drawback for real Daodan characters: whenever they holstered a gun (side/back) they would glow.

Huh?  But you wrote "chr_super becomes disabled again to prevent other Daodan effects (in case our character would had a chenille or other visuals). We don't have to worry about the item, its live time was set to 0 (infinity)."

#6 05/10/13 21:05

Samer
Website

until particle limit is increased that's not a good idea.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#7 05/11/13 03:05

paradox-01

About chr_super: Oops. ^_^ Sorry, I forgot about that.

What about the weapon classes? How would be know whether a character holds a w1_tap or w2_sap?

#8 05/11/13 08:05

Iritscen

Dunno, that might require a new function to be added by the Daodan.  I'm more concerned with the visual issue of holstering rifles, to be honest.

Board footer