Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/05/13 05:05

Samer
Website

Object to M3GM conversion problem

I'm having trouble converting an object file to M3GM, I've done it before for the custom weapons mod (rocket launcher and a smaller wave motion cannon were obj files that i converted to M3GM) however now same files are not converting and any other files .. what's weird Onisplit is not giving any error but no M3GM file is created ..
I've also tried converting an existing M3GM to object, it converts but if I try to convert that obj back to M3GM no file is created with no errors given.
Onisplit version 0.9.86
can someone give it a go and see if their conversion is successful ? if not it might be a bug with the latest onisplit.
these are some files that I were able to convert before, but not now : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22609960/objs.zip

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 05/05/13 07:05

tens

Re: Object to M3GM conversion problem

"retarded question" is your output file destination the same as that of which u are in ? maybe different ?

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#3 05/05/13 08:05

Iritscen

I have to run out the door so I can't test this myself, but I just wanted to say that it's customary to tell us what command you're using.  Is it the one at the bottom of http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:M3GM?  Have you tried Vago?  You didn't tell us anything about your method of conversion.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 05/05/13 08:05

Samer
Website

My method of conversion is the one i've always used .. I'm not used to to using commands i either use demos's gui or vago .. Both didn't work ... while they used to before.

#5 05/05/13 09:05

EdT
Website

Yes, .obj to .oni is broken with the current version of OniSplit, I confirmed with Neo.  So until he has time to fix it, you will need to use an earlier version of OS.

#6 05/05/13 10:05

Samer
Website

ouh ok thanks for the confirmation EdT.
btw Ed I sent you an email, I need your quick help with a mod, I hope you'll be able to check it soon.

Board footer