Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/13/13 15:04

paradox-01

weapon geometry import

So... I would like to update Oni Galore's ONWC page.

Exchanging the 3d content in form of M3GM and its child instances is somewhat to much work.
There's a way to do it more easily. I'm not sure if its just to use a M3GM file name in <Geometry>.
Wasn't there also the possibility to use a obj file name.

So if you have one or more weapon projects on your plate please check what methods you used and post here. Okay?  smile

#2 04/13/13 17:04

Samer
Website

Re: weapon geometry import

Hi paradox, hope I got what you're saying.
When I was updating the weapons collection I used this method.
for example for wmc lite i changed the model to make it a smaller version of barabas's gun ... in ONWC i have: <Geometry>M3GMw12_ba2</Geometry>
this was by importing the dae of the original weapon to xsi, making it smaller then exporting to object, then I converted the object file to M3GM using demos's onisplit gui which has an option there to select a custom texture for the m3gm which i did. Or Alternatively convert the object to M3GM.oni then the M3GM.oni to xml .. edit the texture link in it and the reconvert to oni. Also you can then copy all the info from M3GM xml file and paste it in the ONWC but I find this messy. and all files have to be in same folder, at time of creation and later for installation.

Last edited by Samer (04/13/13 17:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 04/18/13 08:04

paradox-01

Re: weapon geometry import

Thanks for the reply, Samer. This made the update easier.

Board footer