You are not logged in.

#26 02/21/13 15:02

Valkyrur

Re: GNAA Appreciation-Station V11: Wololo

Delano762 wrote:
Certified wrote:

PS3 had no game.

What the fuck? o_O

Joke I saw on FP about how they showed of more games than they did the console. Absolute inverse of how the. PS3 had little to show of games at its reveal but lots about the console.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#27 02/21/13 17:02

kyletm57

Hence the poor initial sales; the hardware was there, but there was no software to justify paying 600$ for a console. Even I (a Sony fan since the PS1) didn't buy a PS3 at first: it took MGS4 for me to finally go out and get one. Anyway, as for the PS4 hardware....

ps4specs.png

(this is official btw)

banner2440.jpg

#28 02/21/13 17:02

Valkyrur

Just as long as they have a decent price this time everything will be fine.

Until the Xbox420 comes along weak as hell and holds back multiplatform game potential yet again like it did this gen.

#29 02/22/13 02:02

Jon God

Man, a PS4 VC would make me buy it too.

Don't give Sega any ideas. They will likely do the opposite. "You want it for PS4? How about being a microtransation game on iOS? Is that good enough?"

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#30 02/22/13 16:02

kyletm57

As bad as Sega is, worst company for console hopping has to be Square Enix. Biggest example is Kingdom Hearts: first two on ps2, then a gameboy game, then a ps2 remake of the gameboy game, then two DS games, then a PSP game, then a 3DS game, a phone game somewhere is there, and next is most likely going to be a home platform. So to play the whole series you would need a PS2, a DS, a 3DS, a PSP, and a phone. >:(

banner2440.jpg

#31 02/22/13 17:02

Valkyrur

Jon God wrote:

Man, a PS4 VC would make me buy it too.

Don't give Sega any ideas. They will likely do the opposite. "You want it for PS4? How about being a microtransation game on iOS? Is that good enough?"

Hello, fine Sir. I present you:

Valkyria_Chronicles_Duel_Title.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles Duel. Also on Android.

#32 02/22/13 20:02

Jon God

kyletm57: Oh man, don't get me started on KH, and the mismanagement at SE.

Certified: Ah, so I wasn't crazy, I thought I remembered hearing something like that. Now, Sega, where is mai VC3? I don't want to rebuy a PSP (Mine is kinda on it's last legs) and hack it to play it with an unfinished translation patch. sad

After playing Ni No Kuni, it makes me happy games like this still come out sometimes, even if rare. (I consider Valkryia Chonicles and Ni No Kuni to be the two best JRPGs this generation)

Jon-God.jpg

#33 02/23/13 17:02

Valkyrur

I always get kinda curious about this, I always hear about how VC sold so poorly in the west (Although whoever said that probably used COD4 or WAW as the benchmark, which is unfair) but every single gaming forum I've posted on has had atleast one to five people who have heard of and played it, and that's just counting people who have mentioned it. Also, how is your PSP on it's last legs, you overuse it or something? And PSP jailbreak isn't actually hard at all anymore, just update to the latest firmware and look for CFW Pro, its files are signed properly like legit content and you can install (and uninstall) it without any trouble from the latest OFW. No Pandora's Battery hardware modification required, just slip the CFW installer onto your PSP's memcard and run it like any official content would.

*Ok, before a mod bans me for saying that, this isn't about warez, this is about being able to run a modded game on a PSP which can't be done with the official firmware. Just want to clear that up.

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/23/13 17:02)

#34 02/24/13 18:02

Jon God

Not sure, after I got my vita, I let it sit for months, last time I tried to use it, it acts like the home button is being hit every few seconds, making it difficult to play anything.

Also, it appears the first game sold over a million copies, not too shabby for a niche new IP:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_C … #Reception

Jon-God.jpg

#35 02/24/13 19:02

Valkyrur

Jon God wrote:

Not sure, after I got my vita, I let it sit for months, last time I tried to use it, it acts like the home button is being hit every few seconds, making it difficult to play anything.

Also, it appears the first game sold over a million copies, not too shabby for a niche new IP:

Then tear out the home button or something, also your circuits might be screwed up if it keeps sending it's signal every few seconds.

And that was over a million sales after two-three years if I heard so correctly from someone on VC's forum. That's quite slow in business eyes, considering some titles get that and more in the first 24 hours (Many of those titles unjustly, however. Namely: COD, Halo, Battlefield, ect)

Also, who keeps trying to troll me with thread-title edits.

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/24/13 19:02)

#36 02/24/13 19:02

Lithium

I am.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#37 02/24/13 19:02

Valkyrur

Lithium wrote:

I am.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

ANOMALY DETECTED IN THIS POST.

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/24/13 19:02)

#38 02/24/13 19:02

Iritscen

Lithium shouldn't be able to edit the thread title... are you joking?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#39 02/24/13 19:02

Valkyrur

Iritscen wrote:

Lithium shouldn't be able to edit the thread title... are you joking?

I know that, but...

#40 02/24/13 21:02

Iritscen

...Yes?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#41 02/24/13 22:02

Samer
Website

First post was edited last by certified recently at same time when title changed (certified changed the title). They're only joking tongue

btw certified you have me intrigued does VC run on PC ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#42 02/24/13 22:02

Valkyrur

Samer wrote:

First post was edited last by certified recently at same time when title changed (certified changed the title). They're only joking tongue

btw certified you have me intrigued does VC run on PC ?

On an emulator, I'd guess.

Have fun emulating a cell-CPU!

#43 02/24/13 22:02

Samer
Website

Hmm then I'll pass.

#44 02/24/13 22:02

Valkyrur

Samer wrote:

Hmm then I'll pass.

Oh come on, all the K∞L™ kidz here have a PS3.

#45 02/24/13 22:02

Samer
Website

Once i can afford it i'll get it tongue it's kinda expensive in my country.

#46 02/24/13 22:02

Valkyrur

Samer wrote:

Once i can afford it i'll get it tongue it's kinda expensive in my country.

Oh, at that rate you're better off waiting for a PS4 sometime before this year is out.

#47 02/24/13 23:02

Lithium

That'll probably be even more expensive..

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#48 02/25/13 18:02

Jon God

Certified wrote:
Jon God wrote:

Then tear out the home button or something, also your circuits might be screwed up if it keeps sending it's signal every few seconds.

And that was over a million sales after two-three years if I heard so correctly from someone on VC's forum. That's quite slow in business eyes, considering some titles get that and more in the first 24 hours (Many of those titles unjustly, however. Namely: COD, Halo, Battlefield, ect)

The difference though, I'd assume is the budget the games were based on.

Something like CoD would have something 50 million USD, where something like VC is probably a fraction of that.

I think Ni No Kuni sold probably around 500,000 copies so far, and has probably become profitable (The US release, I am talking about) because of the much lower budget. The new DmC sold like 200,000 and needed to sell like 2mil to break even or something.

If you look at the sales of VC2, it doesn't make sense that they stayed on the PSP for VC3. Sure it sold decently in Japan, but only selling well in Japan is lowering yourself to a much smaller audience, considering the first game was moderately successful commercially worldwide, and critically successful everywhere.

VC3 didn't even come out in the US, which helped the series go to things like iOS. Sadly, this is all SEGA's fault. sad

Jon-God.jpg

#49 02/25/13 19:02

Valkyrur

Jon God wrote:
Certified wrote:
Jon God wrote:

The difference though, I'd assume is the budget the games were based on.

Something like CoD would have something 50 million USD, where something like VC is probably a fraction of that.

I think Ni No Kuni sold probably around 500,000 copies so far, and has probably become profitable (The US release, I am talking about) because of the much lower budget. The new DmC sold like 200,000 and needed to sell like 2mil to break even or something.

If you look at the sales of VC2, it doesn't make sense that they stayed on the PSP for VC3. Sure it sold decently in Japan, but only selling well in Japan is lowering yourself to a much smaller audience, considering the first game was moderately successful commercially worldwide, and critically successful everywhere.

VC3 didn't even come out in the US, which helped the series go to things like iOS. Sadly, this is all SEGA's fault. sad

As far as I know about Sega, localization of their own IP developed by their internal dev-teams is a second-class priority. They're a Japanese publisher obviously, but the major thing that sets them apart from the other publishers (Like Konami, Square Enix, Capcom, ATLUS) is that they are geared primarily towards developing games marketed towards a Japanese audience; Western localization is an afterthought for them typically most of the time. Yakuza 3 and 5 have yet to see localization, VC3 we've discussed, there's probably a few IPs lying around that LITERALLY NOONE outside of Japan has ever heard about. Sonic is the only Sega IP which is guaranteed localization, and IMO it sucks.

Also, the iOS thing is a companion-app, the actual game (VC Duel) is on PC. You hear that, Samer? Just, have fun learning Japanese, because it isn't localized either. I had to learn some Japanese for the sake of business unrelated to me gaming, although I'm a tad bit rusty at this point. Nothing's stopping me from just playing an import copy of VC3, I'd at least have basic understanding, but I've always preferred English, German, or obviously Russian. Obviously VC3 is in none of those 3 languages at this point.

Yay for family that pushed me to learn several languages. Although my cousins known Mandarin, but w/e. Eh?

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/25/13 19:02)

#50 02/26/13 03:02

Jon God

Yakuza 3 was released in America, Kenzan! was the one that was not released in america, as well as the spin off on PSP.

5 on the other hand better come out here. sad I love these games.

Jon-God.jpg

Board footer