Re: Other games ..

Define being a dick.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#52 03/29/13 22:03

Samer
Website

"Maybe I'm just too used to Facepunch and NeoGAF where being a dick = ban."
mm well I'm more used to forums where discussion threads aren't a self diary, and where member contributions are supposedly useful to the community ... and where f* and shit between each word are frowned upon. glad we've shared what type of forum we're each used to ... unfortunately neither of us get their dream forum.
That being said, you read too much into the blog comment which led us here, i didn't mean anything by it then, except that yeah you should have a blog ... a lot of people do and the type of posts you make would go well on a blog like a games news blog or whatever .. it's not an offense nor a dickish thing to say...

Last edited by Samer (03/29/13 22:03)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#53 03/29/13 23:03

kyletm57

Lol, got on the forum for the fist time in like a week and the first thing I run into is an argument. ANYWAY, getting back on track here I just bought Killzone HD, it's a pretty good remake and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Makes me miss the PS2 generation though (about 2000-2006 ish), many of my favorite games were from that era. Also, just to create some conversation, there's been a few game announcements recently, and I'm particularly interested in the new "Thief" title as well as in "Battlefield 4". What are your guys' thoughts on these games, and is there anything else you're excited for this/next year?

banner2440.jpg

#54 03/29/13 23:03

Samer
Website

I'm excited for a new batman arkham game as i've just finished arkham city and there's talk about a third arkham game in the making.
Also excited for the Witcher 3.

I've tried thief before not sure which title it was, but i kept dying a lot tongue so after this and trying ''stolen'' i relealized stealth based games aren't for me.

Last edited by Samer (03/29/13 23:03)

#55 03/29/13 23:03

Valkyrur

Define being a dick.

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2539

Scroll down slowly, put on some gentleman's music, smoke them if you've got them, and inspect the text. My days of posting on Facepunch nearly made me hallucinate red text appended at the bottom of every few posts.

And I object to the notion of my posts as being "self diary", and that my posts contain obscenities between each word. My posts are of the kind that spark discussion (And as it appears they have succeeded.) in a dying thread. This was a thread for general discussion of games other than Oni, and I used it as such; and to that note I object to whomever has been cutting my posts and turning them into individual threads which clutter up the board. Why make a whole new thread that shall die before sundown like an insect to be crushed, when you can neatly post it in one thread which will see constant usage where it will not clutter up board organization.

And sparking discussion is most certainly not "self diary" or "blogging" as Samer pegs it. My posts are held within the vein of a comment - A pin placed on a board you might find in the wall at the office. "Self Diary" would be akin to the average celebrity tweet - Posting about every little detail of ones life - which is something I am and always have been above. Nor with my posts am I trying to garner some sort of fame or revenue of sorts which is being implied through the "go get a blog" comment. If you are offended, angered, befuddled, or any of such sorts by me bringing content into a thread, then so be it. Such is my objection to the above conjecture about my posting habits.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#56 03/30/13 01:03

Jon God

Certified wrote:

Oh boy, oh boy, looks like Sony is in talks to buy the Shenmue IP from Sega.

Bout fucking time someone was interested in making Shenmue 3.

Link meh!

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#57 03/30/13 01:03

Valkyrur

Jon God wrote:
Certified wrote:

Oh boy, oh boy, looks like Sony is in talks to buy the Shenmue IP from Sega.

Bout fucking time someone was interested in making Shenmue 3.

Link meh!

Here you go, fine sir.

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/03/29/yu- … enmue-iii/

To you, godspeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, is it just me, or is the gaming industry barreling towards another crash?

Back in 2008, the best game ever released, and to this day has not made three million sales worldwide. It was considered to successful enough to warrant two sequels and a spinoff.

Today in 2013, a revival of an IP that had its last hurrah in 2008 released and made three million in sales the first month. It was considered a complete and utter failure, contributing to its publisher's continued chain of losses, and triggering the publisher's CEO to finally resign.

Doesn't this scare you? Something that had sales that could only be considered a small drop warranted annualization, but something today that made sales that many would consider to be massive warranted the CEO of its publisher to walk the plank. We've entered the era of diminishing returns, into a self-devouring madness that expects sales to continually grow, grow, and grow in impossible ways as budgets go up while the fanbase does not (Unless it's COD - And I mean the real COD, not piss-poor copycats like MOH), leading to less and less profit. This is an industry that is playing Russian Roulette with itself, and the six-chamber is quickly spinning towards a slot with a live round in it.

Last edited by Valkyrur (03/30/13 01:03)

#58 03/30/13 07:03

Samer
Website

This was a thread for general discussion of games other than Oni, and I used it as such; and to that note I object to whomever has been cutting my posts and turning them into individual threads which clutter up the board.

actually this was a thread of me asking others to recommend some games for me if you read the first post, however since yeah it is called ''other games'' i didn't object nor am I objecting on how you use it ... Though the mods moved your posts twice to a new thread as a way to tell you hey, you want to also post your opinion about games and other random stuff, here's a thread for you, do so here, yet you didn't get the hint and twice you came back to other threads like this one ... and don't worry it wouldn't have died and crushed like an insect if you hadn't come to the rescue, and if it did we would have given it a proper burrial ...
And ironic how the clutter up board thing annoys in that area while the quotomania and huge signatures are tidy in your prespective.

Posting about every little detail of ones life - which is something I am and always have been above. Nor with my posts am I trying to garner some sort of fame or revenue of sorts which is being implied through the "go get a blog"

i think you meant which is something I am NOT ? And wow didn't know the word blog held so much meaning, i could link you to 100s of blogs that aren't in that criteria (celeb, revenue, etc) and are still blogs and popular ones of that.
And You should know I don't ''imply'' when i want to say something i'll just say it, and it will be crystal clear what is meant by it.
And if you're angered, debuffed etc by me saying you should get a blog, so be it, and I couldn't care less about your usage of profanity, but since you're pointing fingers calling others rude and urging for someone to ban someone else because they're not following forum atticate, then that's hypocritical, if you were here a few years before you'd see that myself and leus were told off by a moderator for using the f word  ... So you're not exactly following forum atticate either and back then, that meant a warning and a ban if it continued.

And since you're objecting, i also object for the dick comment you threw my way.

Anyway ... Anyone here who played batman arkham city felt the main story line is much shorter ? And the game itself is easier ?

Also anyone ever heard of a game called Deathspank ? From the reviews I've read it's like comedic and has some elements like minininjas and psychonauts.

i'm also gonna start the new Tomb Raider game soon ... Anyone here tried it yet?

Last edited by Samer (03/30/13 07:03)

#59 03/30/13 08:03

Iritscen

Certified wrote:

This was a thread for general discussion of games other than Oni, and I used it as such; and to that note I object to whomever has been cutting my posts and turning them into individual threads which clutter up the board.

As Samer has already pointed out, this thread had a specific purpose which was to recommend games for Samer.  You should understand by now that we care about staying on-topic on this forum more than we care about somehow maintaining the smallest number of threads possible.  You seem determined to not get that even after I make statements like this.  I was also quite clear in identifying myself as the one who's been splitting your posts, as seen here.  Are you just not reading anything I write?

Anyway, is it just me, or is the gaming industry barreling towards another crash?
Back in 2008, the best game ever released, and to this day has not made three million sales worldwide. It was considered to successful enough to warrant two sequels and a spinoff.
Today in 2013, a revival of an IP that had its last hurrah in 2008 released and made three million in sales the first month. It was considered a complete and utter failure, contributing to its publisher's continued chain of losses, and triggering the publisher's CEO to finally resign.

Yes, the AAA market is crashing.  They stupidly started a Cold War where they try to outspend each other.  And in the midst of it, $1 games sprung up on mobile platforms and F2P in browsers, so they're thoroughly screwed.  I'm enjoying watching the market balance itself out.  Not that I want to see cheap games take over.  I just hate excess in the entertainment industry so I'm glad to see excessive spending hopefully coming to an end.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#60 03/30/13 11:03

Jon God

I don't think it's going to crash per say, just keep going the same way. More and more indies, and less of a focus on graphics and the such. New platforms with an easier focus on quick development and less time testing will help that.

I just don't think "AAA games" will be as big as they were this generation, again anytime soon.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#61 03/30/13 22:03

kyletm57

Samer: The new Tomb Raider looked awesome, I was a fan of the old games and I'm glad to see a new title. Also, I had no clue that a new Arkham game was coming out, i'm really excited to hear that! Personally I liked Arkham Asylum's plot and setting better than City, but both were fantastic games.

banner2440.jpg

#62 03/31/13 18:03

Samer
Website

the new tomb raider is freaking me out :\ i feel like I'm playing a horror game not tomb raider, but it does look great.

#63 03/31/13 19:03

Iritscen

It did look pretty intense, from the footage I saw.  I guess this is what they mean when they say "gritty reboot".

#64 04/03/13 11:04

Samer
Website

after finishing Tomb Raider 100% .. i have to amend my first statement. this game is really beyond awesome, the atmosphere of it really sucks you in, i couldn't put it down till i finished it, thank God for power cuts and that it's spring break and no work days or I would have been in trouble tongue
I was pessimistic at first when I saw much gore and blood and horror game like moments as i felt this is not the Tomb Raider we're used to, however after finishing it those moments were a very small part of it that kept you on edge and were well balanced with the adventure and exploring aspect. I also loved the gameplay ,combat mechanics and all the new weapons she has ... who knew a crossbow could be so versatile. the way the game and lara progresses is really nice, and the weapon and skill upgrade system is great and really makes a difference, an updrage system is something i've always missed in tomb raider games ..
they made her more human and you can feel the character develop personality and skill wise. the camera work was really beautiful too ... and the length of the game is just right .. i was afraid it was going to be too short as many of the new games tend to be.
The only thing i could do without was some quick time events as they weren't really optimized for keyboard ... (they show you have to press a symbol not the letter that corresponds to it) ... also the puzzles weren't as challenging as the previous Tomb Raiders, and story wise i felt they killed a lot of characters tongue...
But in short this is now my favorite Tomb Raider title ever for its very grabbing atmosphere if for nothing else, and I highly highly recommend it. big_smile

Last edited by Samer (04/03/13 12:04)

#65 04/03/13 14:04

Iritscen

Cool, it does sound interesting.

#66 04/10/13 20:04

Samer
Website

kyletm57 wrote:

Also, I had no clue that a new Arkham game was coming out, i'm really excited to hear that! Personally

If someone is interested : Info about the new Batman game : Batman Arkham Origins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSCCNtvBuY4 and more detailed info about gameplay and story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pN0eDYQAL8
I'm a bit disappointed tongue was hoping scarecrow would be back as main villain and continuation of the 2 first games .. not really feeling a prequel .. but still, I will be waiting for this ^_^
Warner Brothers Montreal are going to develop this game instead of Rocksteady.

Last edited by Samer (04/10/13 20:04)

#67 04/11/13 01:04

Konoko123

My suggested game would be Dishonered. In that game you have magic, you get to evolve your character, and there are always more than one way to complete me a mission. This game is first person, but that's probably the best way to play it. I encourage you to at least watch some game videos of it. smile

#68 04/11/13 21:04

kyletm57

@Konoko123: I REALLY wanted to buy Dishonored, but I decided to wait for a price drop due to the game's length. Today, though, I picked up a few games for a pretty reasonable price: Quake 4 ($4 USD), RAGE Anarchy Edition ($8 USD), and Max Payne 3 ($25 USD), and the first game I tried out was Rage. I'm only about an hour in, but I like it a lot so far, which makes me wonder why it was so overlooked upon release? I recall a ton of hype for this game, but it's as if all excitement for it dropped as soon as it came out (a big reason I never bought it). Does anyone else have this game, and if so are there any pressing issues with it?

banner2440.jpg

#69 04/11/13 21:04

Valkyrur

kyletm57 wrote:

@Konoko123: I REALLY wanted to buy Dishonored, but I decided to wait for a price drop due to the game's length. Today, though, I picked up a few games for a pretty reasonable price: Quake 4 ($4 USD), RAGE Anarchy Edition ($8 USD), and Max Payne 3 ($25 USD), and the first game I tried out was Rage. I'm only about an hour in, but I like it a lot so far, which makes me wonder why it was so overlooked upon release? I recall a ton of hype for this game, but it's as if all excitement for it dropped as soon as it came out (a big reason I never bought it). Does anyone else have this game, and if so are there any pressing issues with it?

Yeah, the PC version was a horrible console port.

#70 05/20/13 16:05

Samer
Website

Batman Arkham Origins Trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvc6LKhp0M

#71 05/20/13 18:05

6opoDuJIo

Star Wars : The force unleashed 2
Just finished with that.
It's awesome. Only 1 sad thing - too short. But it's still fun to fihish that one more time!

Implement Oni with Unity3D engine :
https://github.com/6opoDuJIo/Oni-Round2

#72 05/21/13 02:05

uroboros

Samer wrote:

Batman Arkham Origins Trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvc6LKhp0M

Oh wow thats a cool trailer! I don't think'll buy it unless they will change the gameplay somehow. The arkham city was almost exactly the same like asylum.

#73 09/03/13 16:09

uroboros

Anyone here hyped about upcoming gta 5 realease?

I'm considering buying a used, cheap x360 just to play this game and then sell the console.

#74 09/03/13 22:09

tens

I am but it ain't coming for PC and my ps3 just died, so my bro told me to wait till the next gen consoles come out and then think about buying it. I'm more hyped for Dark Souls 2 and Cyber Punk 2077. Anybody else a PC gamer? I do play ps3, games like Mortal Kombat and Fifa but not the shooters. They are annoying to get used to. Adios amigos.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#75 09/04/13 13:09

uroboros

Well I agree with you. For me as a pc gamer aiming with this funny analog stick in fps games is really uncomfortable.

Board footer