Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/03/12 23:11

Samer
Website

*** Sam DreamLab Conversion *** released .. TRY IT !! :D

This mod will change dream lab level to include some of the custom characters and will have many unexpected surprises big_smile Are you up to the challenge ?
This is  also included in SamMegaPack-Conversion

(The SMP-Conversion has a slightly different ending than this one, you can install both if you want this ending or only the SMP if you want the SMP ending)

*Requires SamMegaPack-Characters or the individual single packs of custom characters ( Hasegawas2.0, Jesters2.1, Casey v4, Shinibot2.0, Kojiro2.0, Hayate2.0, Hanako1.1)
*Download :http://mods.oni2.net/node/223

Enjoy ! and leave feedback ... Is it too hard or too easy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S :

*The health is adjusted to be used with upgraded ONCC package .. if you disable it, it may become too easy.

*It's recommended to disable BRUTAL AI package ..
version 1 will actually make it too easy as many characters won't use their supers ... and version 1.1 may make it too hard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video if you want all the spoilers : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8rdGyEpog

some minor screenshots, won't spoil the bigger surprises.
2012-11-04_124212.jpg
2012-11-04_124530.jpg

Last edited by Samer (11/11/12 11:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 11/04/12 00:11

Samer
Website

Re: *** Sam DreamLab Conversion *** released .. TRY IT !! :D

Be sure to play it till the end ..
and if there any bugs (that you know how to fix tongue) report them please ^^

#3 11/04/12 00:11

Lithium

liveforever

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 11/04/12 00:11

Samer
Website

cheater :< tongue did you finish it yet ?

#5 11/04/12 00:11

Lithium

I haven't played it yet. Too much League of legends today :<

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#6 11/04/12 04:11

Samer
Website

P.S : It's recommended to disable BRUTAL AI package ..
version 1 will actually make it too easy as many characters won't use their supers ..
and version 1.1 will make it too hard.

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 05:11)

#7 11/04/12 09:11

ltemplar

hmm....

It's quite interesting....but.

1)Jester is quite boring(as the boss)
2)Hayate and Hanako....too powerful to be combined together
3)Gryfin+Casey+Karen....to much characters in one place..so player can really understand theirs importance
4)Konoko , transformed to Konoko in Mukade's armor then to Mukade?- what's that? Some psychic twist? Concept nice but should be develop much more than this.
5)What Barabbas and Kojiro doing there?Don't really understand entire concept around that last fight..

In one word ..everything is more like boss ladder thing than normal dream(boss after boss)- thats boring ... Some nice concepts there are..but everything is mixed together to the degree that you cant really tell what's going on(it's confusing..yes..,but not interesting sorry).

In conclusion

Concept is nice..but all this confusion disallow player to really understand what author have on his mind.

Last edited by ltemplar (11/04/12 10:11)

#8 11/04/12 10:11

Samer
Website

Konoko struggled with the idea of herself becoming like mukade. After an entire level of killing characters, that fear re-merged.
What are barabas and kojiro doing there, well if it isn't obvious .. What are muro and griffin doing in the rest of the level ? All her bad experiences and fears (shinatams's torturer and kidnapper) come to attack her together at the end, and her parents come to her rescue signifying she's not alone, even though they're dead .. They're still with her. That's developed enough for me, sorry that you didn't get it.
1 boss that can transform to 3 characters, has weird taunts and scary laugh is boring ? Mm ok to me he's the exact opposite of boring(compared to say muro who's just buckets of fun with leg breaking over and over)
i actually felt hayate and hanako were too easy (i personally beat them quickly, playing on hard) as i said disable brutal AI package, if you have it enabled jester won't use his doom ball or butt slam which could be boring then.
Griffin attacked with 2 swats, instead he now attacks with 2 characters that are actually significant and have some value in the story. (still same number of characters, and karen dies quickly)

You overlooked the whole parents concept, appearing as ghost leaving her hypos to aid her. The shapeshifting jesters posing as them to confuse her then appearing to what they truly are.

Anyway thanks for trying it smile sorry u didn't understand it, .. ''should be developed more'' is a bit vague criticism for me. I would have preferred if you didn't post spoilers, but oh well.
The dream lab is about confusion from the start.
In conclusion : what i took from all you said is lower hayate and hanako's health a bit.

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 10:11)

#9 11/04/12 10:11

Samer
Website

No one else tried this smile ?
certified u mentioned that characters without being included in levels are not enough for players, well this includes them
script 10k could use ur scripting experience, if there are any bugs.
Knox i put ur idea in there from a different prespective.

#10 11/04/12 10:11

Knox

Hmm... Symbolic dream of how she feels? Like the whole world is against her?

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#11 11/04/12 10:11

Samer
Website

Well yeah, that's the original dream lab concept isn't it with both muro and griffin attacking her .. I took that to the next level. smile
if you want try the final battle, to see how ur suggestion turned out.

#12 11/04/12 10:11

ltemplar

hmmm...

I'm not attacking you..so don't play defensive with me.I'm only giving you a critic response(i believe that this is what you was looking for)that's all.

1)I understand that Konoko struggling ...about becoming like mukade..i don't really understand for what purpose there are Barabbas and Kojiro- thats all...- to many characters in one place...
2)I wrote that this physic twist is a good start for the concept that can be develop much more..than it is now.-because i think is quite interesting- and vague? In what sense?
3)I played with brutal AI pack 1.1 so all chars uses theirs specials without problems.-hard but playable(more than without)

The problem is that now the entire level is only "beat boss after another boss"...and that's how i fell about it right now. There are many more interesting ways to show what you try to show.... (boss can be unlikable but some other person is killable - why not go this way - my little suggestion).For boss ladder is better to create a tower like level..than this...

Last edited by ltemplar (11/04/12 10:11)

#13 11/04/12 10:11

Samer
Website

I'm not playing defensive but when some of your criticism is simply not true or unjustified or unclear then i'll respond.
As i said thanks for ur suggestion but if i kept same characters then what exactly would i have changed ?
I said in my posts : disable AI package it's not meant to be played with it, it will be too hard, if you found hayate and hanako too hard that's not my mod's issue it's brutal AI, hence ur criticism in not applicable. (there aren't enough melee ids, so only ones that would allow them to utilize their moves are konoko's and muro's)
Think of it as Edt's gauntlet level but for custom characters.
How is making the boss unkillable more interesting or fair ..
Vague means it's unclear . Saying this can be developed more is vague how exactly can it be developed more.
Anyway you stated ur opinion i took it into consideration, that's the end of it. I don't want to fill the thread with back and forth replies.

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 11:11)

#14 11/04/12 11:11

ltemplar

ohh..now i get it....

to be precise..I played this mod with 4 mod configurations:

a)without anything- according to your suggestion - to easy
b)with brutal AI - harder but still to easy
c)With brutal AI andarshi melee. - hard
d)With brutal AI ..and ODF_TC active. - really impossible to win with conventional methods

But all thous configurations have few common points.

1)Hanako and Hayeate - to powerful when combined
2)boring jester fight - thous differences between his states..are almost the same...
3)intersting konoko/mukade morphing concept
4)"To much" boss chars in such small level(according to it's play time not its sizes)
5)Last fight is to easy

Thats all..

#15 11/04/12 12:11

Samer
Website

1. problem with hayate and hanako there are no melee ids that suit them except konoko's and muro's. I'll reduce health a bit though.
2. disagree about jester, difference is visual to give a surprise element to those playing the level first time, which it accomplished successfully according to feedback from some fb users.  He is still same character changing sizes, mini is harder to hit doesn't have earthquaker, purple has earthqauker can be thrown, giant can't be thrown and has energy attacks. he's not meant to be 3 characters so the difference is not huge .. as i mentioned in the jester package these are images of himself (while the minions are different characters)
3. thx knox's idea inspired me
4. it's a conversion to include custom characters, all my custom characters can be considered bosses. the level is almost at the end so think of it as her reviewing all the encounters, there's no other level that i could include hayate, hanako, shinibot and casey in fights against her. As a dream i think it should contain characters that had the biggest impact on her rather than minor characters. jesters are an additional "freak, scary element" and i chose the bot outfit for shinibot for a Frankenstein sorta of effect. (hayate and hanako are just for the fun of it ^_^)
5. evil konoko is still the same, all i did was extend the fight .. when she 'dies' she spawns again as mukade konoko then shifts to muakde (so basically doubled her health) .. the last bosses are meant for their meaning and emotional\mental effect rather than fighting hence they are lower on health and use simpler melee ids (barabus hard striker for example, no earthquaker) (idea is to show jamie and james coming to her rescue, rather than to again fight as at that point players will be done with fighting ...)

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 13:11)

#16 11/04/12 13:11

ltemplar

"jamie and james coming to her rescue" - rescue from what exactly? At this point both chars will be death(mr. B and K).So sending them "for the rescue" is pointless

Bigger impact? That's why you put Casey(potential konoko love) against her?Or Karen with is her friend? Not to mention sinatama bot? I don't see logic in this.
Thats why I wrote that this level is only the boss fight ladder- nothing more..Good for the version 0.1 or as the test ground..for new ideas..but nothing more- and thats how i fill about it.

If you want to include this in game...(as TC or whatever) then some logic should be presented there...
So chars should be used cheerfully not only because the look pretty.
Or this is separate level conversion..without any connections with oni itself? If yes then sorry.I misunderstand the entire level concept then.

#17 11/04/12 13:11

Knox

I just beat it. Cool level smile But it crashed after Konoko woke up.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#18 11/04/12 13:11

Samer
Website

pffffffftttttttttttttt . So your deadly strikers in conversion that kill with 2 hits has more logic how. I said THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. don't like it uninstall it. end of discussion please. I told you before when u want to give me feedback don't ask me to change concept.
Casey works for griffin, Karen her friend (which is fanfic)..  yes that's the point that she can longer trust anyone (worst fears coming alive.. it's a nightmare !! hello) You have to have upgraded ONCCs installed if you managed to kill both barabus and kojiro in the 100 frame wait before the parents appear then you're a miracle maker. (like this comment\criticism simply can't be true)
It is linked to the story and I explained my logic behind it if it's not to ur liking or you're just not getting it or refusing to then I can't do anything about it.
you can look at anything and find reasons why it's illogical .. ministrikers hiding in holes from the original makes sense how ?

Last edited by Samer (11/05/12 09:11)

#19 11/04/12 13:11

Samer
Website

Knox I'll retest to see if it crashes for me I alwasy closed the game at the final cutscene tongue
thanks for playing and for ur muakde idea big_smile it's what inspired the jester and konoko transformation (initially planned that when 1 jester size dies the other just comes out and attacks)

#20 11/04/12 13:11

s10k
Website

Samer wrote:

script 10k could use ur scripting experience, if there are any bugs.

Not tried it yet. But I may be able to help you with bugfixes.

Last edited by s10k (11/04/12 13:11)

#21 11/04/12 13:11

Samer
Website

crap it does crash :\ .. paradox or Script-10K can u help me trrouble-shoot it ?

maybe i messed up the win function ?

}

func void win_1a_var(string ai_name)
{
	dprint win_var
	win_counter = win_counter - 1
	if (win_counter eq 0)
		{
		win();
		}
}

func void win_1b_var(string ai_name)
{
	dprint win_var
	if (win_counter eq 0)
		{
		win();
		}
}

func void win_1c_var(string ai_name)
{
	dprint win_var
	if (win_counter eq 0)
		{
		win();
		}
}

func void win(string ai_name)
{
	dprint win
	sleep 300
	ai2_takecontrol 1
	sleep 30
	ai2_comehere mom
	sleep 30
	ai2_comehere dad
	sleep 30
	ai2_lookatme dad
	ai2_lookatme mom
	sleep 30
	ai2_lookatchar 0 dad
	sleep 30
	ai2_lookatchar 0 mom
	sleep 200
	{
	you_win()
	}

and 

func void you_win(string char_index)
{
	sound_music_volume mus_wls 0.0 2.0
	sleep 180
	fade_out 0 0 0 180 
	outro
}

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 14:11)

#22 11/04/12 13:11

ltemplar

Did i told you to change concept?Where????

" So your deadly strikers in conversion that kill with 2 hits has more logic how" - I don't understand this sentence.
If this is nightmare then NO ONE should helping her......but ok..i will not argue about this ..it's pointless.

And sorry if I'm not jumping from joy on what i get..and instead trying to give you constructive criticism...now I will "shut up"
Once more time Sorry.
End of discussion..

#23 11/04/12 14:11

Samer
Website

open your mind and use your imagination a bit.

Script-10k or paradox .. after winning the screen turns black but doesn't proceed to next level.
I also have this problem : sometimes evil konoko in the final room doesn't attack you, and there are errors abt trigger volume not found after the laser cutscene and after talking with evil konoko, however i always had these problems (Except the win thing) in AE before I modified them.

EDIT : I get it .. i named the function that happens when the three bosses die "win" but that's also the name of the win level function ..didn't realize that

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 21:11)

#24 11/04/12 14:11

paradox-01

"and there are errors abt trigger volume not found after the laser cutscene and after talking with evil konoko"

Probably some 'artifacts' from development. *shrugs*
I don't have time atm, will look tomorrow.

#25 11/04/12 14:11

Samer
Website

Package Updated : Fixed the issue of not moving to next level after ending cutscene. (and lowered hayate's health a bit)
thanks for reporting it Knox

thanks paradox.

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 14:11)

Board footer