Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 09/30/12 04:09

ltemplar

Re: BGI Characters and Levels Discussion

About bgi level(sorry for double post .. but this part is directly dedicated to gayser)

It seams that we really share the same vision in improving ONi. But firs we must discus how we want thous improvements achieved.

BGI- as paramilitary secret organization- thats exactly what I wanted to do(I told you i read all thous BGI related articles that you and the others provided on ONi galore). The problem Lays in interpretation ..how to show it. My Idea is to shown BGI on to fields of it's existence.
Firs is Business part- something that can be shown for public..and keep minor TCTF officers out.This means that they have buildings witch normal security..etc. The entire business pat is only the cover for real BGI - The paramilitary organization "founded by Syndicate". If something is illegal..then freaks as you described can be prototypes of units that can be used later in it's dark visions. That's why I proposed -  BGI human troopers(color scheme can always be changed- to whatever you guys wish -white or black- thats not problem and all only one option in Photo).I disagree that remote control of "Robots" is needed- There will be NO robots at all then..if human is required for it to operate.
One more thing You seed that Barabbas is a freak..so why BGI heavy armor platoon will be wearing parts of his uniform(which can for the other hand be easily turned with lite modification to fully functional power armor- is that your vision?).Or you can see what i produce- The trooper is light Version .. i have more proper Heavy version in the works.Also don't like syndicate helmets on them.

TCTF- as instruction is describing this organization: Paramilitary police unit - Technological Crime Tactical Force. So this is logical to have the newest weapons, gear, tanks , armors vechicles to fight with thous who brake the law about spreading illegal technology(syndicate, mad scientist, BGI or others) .Remember this is NOT normal police..But something more similar to E-SWAT(even grater). Somehow I can't imagine that such organization doesn't have powerful CA or remote controlled turrets to fight with thous who have them. Also color scheme(especially shining armors) are not something that it's troops will wear.

Apartment-I will look into what you provided..then i will decide(the needed cut polygons work- or addition i can make don't worry)Texturing...Man this is the easiest part..when we toking about only buildings, and not furnitures..20 minutes of work? something like that(because I will use ONI texturing method).The only pat that can be really complicated is the ray tracing(adding shadows and light to ghost textures..this will require some work)
So how big this apartment should be..how many rooms.. IF you provide me with proper references..then i can make one even from scratch..that's really no problem.

VTOL- Give me the concept of what you really need or wait till i finish with my.

BGI- levels- only

BGI tower -Business part with underground
The Apartment + abondoned warehouse or factory- with underground complex
BGI Station(yes space level)
BGI- starship- we can do more space
BGI- moon level(another space-environment)- moon base?

About your suggestions..

-Regional state building is not a good place..to many TCTF there(WGC military- that's another story..)-Iron Demon- hmm- as TCTF support maybe?
-TCTF HQ- for good sake - another raid?That will be bad(Darker TCTF part or WGC again will be more matching there).And what if we Speer Grifin's life? What then? Firs set this encounter with logic feedback then we can discus about it.

If you want be a Meager in this project...that will be complicated..In NEP we don't have general manager(well I provided entire concept, models, stuff parameters..but we also first discus about everything ..then produce).But if you want to be The Manager then fine i can deal with it.. but then you must firs crate full feedback(concepts in general) what you need..and also take our ideas into account. Especially ..thous About I wrote above.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/30/12 05:09)

#152 09/30/12 04:09

geyser
Website

Hi Ltemplar. It seems that you edit your posts a lot (like me), which means that both Samer and I can miss something important you said - not because we weren't paying attention, but because we haven't scanned all your previous posts for late edits. I'll try to read through all of it again, and address your unanswered questions about Oni's engine. Or you can ask them again. Make a list. That would help a lot. EDIT: I see one of those is about two weapons per character. Anything else?

Hi Samer. I'm glad you feel about me the way you do (that's some fair analysis of my attitude, and the irony of it is quite enlightening), but I'm not sure where to go from here, except "up and away". I am everything that you said (and much worse, actually), and probably I deserved a welcome such as yours. So, thank you. Time will tell if my attitude is any good at all, in the context of today's Oni community.

More, later.

EDIT: Ltemplar, I didn't see that last post of yours while posting this one. I'll answer everything in my next. Not sure when. Peace.

Last edited by geyser (09/30/12 04:09)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#153 09/30/12 05:09

ltemplar

More:

-New H2H combat schematics.
-New weapons ..
-Two weapons achieved by adding "personal" as move
-New stuff weapons, cyborgs robots, stationary turrets, mobile turrets, tanks,
-New characters: TCTF snipers.. TCTF assault, TCTF improvements, BGI..etc(but that part we still discus)WGC military- why not..some events of the plot can be directed to military base(BGI working secretly with WGC?).- room for constructive discussion
-New events(What IF entire Original plot is arranged by WGC High ops?)- another interesting discussion possibility.
-TCTF HQ rebuilding(where is work part of this building-detectives rooms, etc? )..Where is armory(mentioned in the plot)..and much more.
-Material registration Framework.
dmgtable.jpg

Things i don't remember..but want to discus..later.

BTW..I don't have any portfolio..only Post in many polish forums+thous on Mod db regarding to NEP. I can update gallery on Imageshack if this will be required.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/30/12 05:09)

#154 09/30/12 05:09

geyser
Website

Now that you've drawn a list, I think that it's best if I answer all those in some permanent place, like a project-oriented page on the wiki. It'll be way better to systematically document that stuff on a webpage than having it on page 7 of topic 343 on a forum somewhere. Not that there's anything wrong with the forum, of course. But posts tend to fall away into oblivion, and it's a bit of a hassle to look them up later.
The same goes for the portfolio. You can set up a user account on the wiki, and have a portfolio as a subpage on your profile, with a big spoiler warning, e.g. "don't enter unless you're a potential co-modder". The portfolio can just be a bunch of image links, with the images stored either on Imageshack or on oni2.net (if you set up an account) - that's up to you. But I'm looking forward to seeing all those models smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#155 09/30/12 06:09

ltemplar

I cheeked some of your stuff Gayser..

1)Colony..to big to be used anywhere, till i cut it in size.(but what part you want me to speer)
2)Hexagon is only for multi..i don't really see other usage than this..
3)BGI level is Mac based...I don't have Mac..I'm working on PC ..till you send me models in obj or Dae format I can't do much more.
4)The twins- thats a poor looking object... where you want me to set this apartment?There is almost no room for them..This will be even tighter when i put furnitures ..

BTW..Which page..related to BGI in storyline or other?
About images..I can.. but this will be huge gallery..and preparing it will take some time.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/30/12 06:09)

#156 09/30/12 06:09

geyser
Website

3) I'm sorry, but which one is the "BGI level"?
2) I feel about Hexagon the way you feel about Colony - that it's almost too big for anything, but some of its sections can be sealed off or cut, and then it will be a nice environment to test BGi encounters in, and maybe even a good single-player level (BGi's moon base, or something along those lines). Just try and drop some furniture in some halls, and see how it goes. Feel free to scale it up, make it all wider.
1) Colony, in my opinion, should be developed as a whole, first, as an all-purpose testing level. We must explore its space a bit (ingame), and then we'll see which parts work well for single-player and which don't - at that point some sections of it can be sealed off or cut, or repurposed. But right now I have no clear vision for it. It's just a highly non-linear level, with a very realistic layout, and huge potential. As a testing environment, if anything.
4) The twins were just a basic prefab, and I'm not sure if elex had specific apartments in mind when building that thing. Mostly he wanted to have a whole block of those, standing unrealistically close together, so that we could do some parkourish multiplayer or something. I'm not saying that your apartments should be fit into his building. If you wanted to, you'd just have to make his building a lot wider. But your building is much better anyway. It's just that your stuff reminded me of his. If you intend your building as a playable level, you'll definitely have to seal off everything except for a few floors and apartments, otherwise it will be very tedious to explore - that's the impression I got from running up and down the twins, anyway.

The Q&A page on the wiki will be mostly about technical feasibility, not plot details. Discussions of concepts such as BGi will be elsewhere, either on AE:BGI, AE_talk:BGI, BGI#Added_value, or Talk:BGI.
Here's the page: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Q%26A

Take your time for the portfolio, but I have a feeling it'll be worth it. Talk to Alloc if you need an oni2.net account. And set up a user page on the wiki (I think that's the simplest way to set up an interactive mod-oriented portfolio, really). Don't worry about the "credentials" or "personal biography", just refer to these OCF threads in the form, and you'll be authorized (I guess).

Last edited by geyser (09/30/12 06:09)

#157 09/30/12 06:09

ltemplar

Ok I sanded that Oni 2 net account request..Now i probably must wait for it acceptation right?
Add 3) BGI level 0 - one of the the links you gave me..

About Apartment..
Did you red cheerfully what i wrote about this encounter? I want this shower scene which was discuses on other forum(yes your older forum Gayser). Then i want BGI agents/ troopers..robots..Start storming that apartment.She exiting Bathroom and say" what the.." when one of the agents(troopers) shoot from SBG. Te ceiling fall of end the normal exit from bathroom is closed. You lost a lot of HP(still trying to figure out why she is in one shape after this hit).And must escape from this bathroom(classic anime encounter BTW).By the window..Where player will go ..this will be his decision.Set up a diversion..or risk the early encounter with thous agents/troopers. The existence of this secret room also have purpose.There she simply stash her Military stuff(hypos, weapons..magazines, cells armors, etc) . but also computer which could be used to hack into buildings security network(many possibility..Even to create small min hacking mini game). The fight with Sarai..will be good addition.. because we need some high operative there, who will direct this operation.I believe everything I purposed to this part it's logical. The abandoned Warehouse house..or whatever we coll that building..is the place where she gets some info about planed attack on TCTF HQ and clue that BGI is working with Syndicate. Why She don't tell this to Grifin we all know too well.This could be used later as the background for the rest.
Why I decided to put thet BGI tower.. because this will show that BGI is "normal" company for outsider point of view.. rest will be explored later(And where the hell see get info where Muro hidden base is hmm?) So this is also logic. The hydras hammers etc.. can be unfinished BGI projects
For new gen cybernetic soldiers..thats why they look as they look)This goes like this..
Staff officer"Alert we have an intruder.. the security isn't responding..The backup will be to late what shell we do."
Staff commander "Activate the M0-1 Hydra And HCU-M02-hammer"
Staff officer "There are not ready for combat- theirs circuits..."
Staff commander"Stop babbling and activate them.. We needed the test run anyway.."- see how i crate his armor( so many un filled parts..this is something that can be used as unfinished project..Hydra.. exactly the same-etc..so even As you coaled "The Freak Zoo"- can have it's purposes if seated right.)
What i only want to say is that all thous levels can be discussed, about the details etc...but statement "this will not fit"..is a rude one, especially when not tested .

Last edited by ltemplar (09/30/12 07:09)

#158 09/30/12 07:09

Loser

ltemplar, if I can... the nickname is a geyser, not gayser. It is probably tied with his motto:

I'm not a person
I'm a fountain of hot stuff!

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#159 09/30/12 07:09

geyser
Website

Thanks, Loser, and hi. Also, "geyser" is an anagram of "sergey", which is the English spelling of my first name.

Ltemplar, if by account request you mean the one on the wiki - yes, you'll need to wait until Alloc sees your request and accepts it (apparently neither I nor Iritscen can see those requests, they go directly to Alloc).

The "level0_BGI" thing is not a level, it's just a "plugin" that contains the heavy robots (rigged, but not textured, with several animation schemes for comparison) and some placeholder guns (the portable turrets; or maybe not; I honestly don't remember, and can't check right now). As far as I can tell, that ZIP file includes a plugin both for Mac and PC. And even if it was Mac-only, you can always roundtrip the stuff through OniSplit. Here it is again, as a direct link http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/plugins/level0_BGI.zip and on the wiki http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Plugins#BGI
Anyway, I'll come back to you on the subject of heavy robots and guns, a little bit later.

EDIT: No, actually, that "level0_BGI.zip" doesn't contain my newer BGi stuff at all. It just has black Spartans as placeholders for the heavy robots/troopers, and those black-coated scientists (placeholders for BGi executives/agents), and some good-looking guns (Turbosquid freebies). Nothing to do with what I thought it was. I'll look up the relevant data, but that might take some time. Sorry.

Last edited by geyser (09/30/12 07:09)

#160 09/30/12 07:09

ltemplar

If this only have unfinished things(weapons etc) then I will prefer to do them personally instead of adopting that turbosquid stuff..
And read that edited previous post.

Sorry.for misspelling.your nick. Geyser..

Last edited by ltemplar (09/30/12 07:09)

#161 09/30/12 08:09

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

The fight with Sarai..will be good addition.. because we need some high operative there, who will direct this operation.I believe everything I purposed to this part it's logical.

agree

Why I decided to put thet BGI tower.. because this will show that BGI is "normal" company for outsider point of view.. rest will be explored later(And where the hell see get info where Muro hidden base is hmm?) So this is also logic. The hydras hammers etc.. can be unfinished BGI projects
For new gen cybernetic soldiers..thats why they look as they look)This goes like this..
Staff officer"Alert we have an intruder.. the security isn't responding..The backup will be to late what shell we do."
Staff commander "Activate the M0-1 Hydra And HCU-M02-hammer"
Staff officer "There are not ready for combat- theirs circuits..."
Staff commander"Stop babbling and activate them.. We needed the test run anyway.."- see how i crate his armor( so many un filled parts..this is something that can be used as unfinished project..Hydra.. exactly the same-etc..so even As you coaled "The Freak Zoo"- can have it's purposes if seated right.)

i like ltemplar's take on them though the original purpose wasn't like this, but I'm also flexible ^_^ and that makes sense ..
To me the bgi let's say are technolgically advanced yet related to the syndicate as original concepts were.
But instead of them being only black textured or simply mixed and matched models which to me look boring and just plain lazy (as bgi, still good as higher class of syndicate), they are more unique.

bgi agents : syndicate equivalent of comguys, technological, tactical and weapon experts, not brute physical attackers .. Also not the sit aside helpless executives.
bgi troopers (armored guys like ltemplar is making) : equivalents of strikers and elites
bgi hydras : equivalent of fury meets tanker .. All the advanced technology and they can't manage to make an sld ?
bgi typhoon : equivalent of tankers meet robot meet energy based attacker.
bgi shocker : equivalent of mad bomber meet electrical attack character.
bgi robots : equivalent to the ninjabots and ninjas. (for the model i'm making)
bgi hammer : subboss equivalent to barabas
bgi jubei and akane : subboss equivalent to mukade
bgi sarai : boss equivalent to muro
bgi executives : not agents .. Guys in suits, non combatant maybe for cutscenes only .. Equivalent to : well none .. Whoever is higher than muro.

the guard dogs, sentry droids, etc can be also be a nice addition as form of security, like turrets .. You have to sneak by instead of battling.

And like ltemplar suggests .. I see the bgi encounter on several parts..
Attack on her apartment : Sarai, agents, troopers, maybe some robots.
the apartment idea is something i'm really looking forward to see.

business part of building - could be sneaking in\stealth part : bgi guards, agents, sentry droids, guard dogs

bgi underground facility-factory-lab : more cyborgs : typhoon, hydra, robots .. Hammer as first sub boss.

Making way back from underground part all building on high alert: various forces .. Troopers, bots, hydras, guards, etc.. Then BGI assasins miniboss encounter.

final confrontation : Sarai or/and iron demon . Executives as cutscene .

geyser wrote:

The "level0_BGI" thing is not a level, it's just a "plugin" that contains the heavy robots (rigged, but not textured, with several animation schemes for comparison)

the heavy robot .. I already sent that to ltemplar i started to texture it and fix the uv maps but thought he could do a much better job. So if it's just that .. He already has it.

for which level to use .. No preferance, the hexagon has potential ..
there are also Ed's : muro's lair \ town and a colony which he didn't release .. It has some park sort of aspect which can be the outside of the bgi facility .. Unless there are other plans for it .. But for level i can't have much say, since i'm no level expert .. Just suggestions.

I'm glad you feel about me the way you do (that's some fair analysis of my attitude, and the irony of it is quite enlightening)

i don't really feel any way about you, you are a talented modder ... as are others. Attitude wise .. I'm not dr phil :\ but every action has a reaction. I responded the way i felt suitable to what was said .. few posts however don't sum up who you are or who I am.

I am everything that you said (and much worse, actually), and probably I deserved a welcome such as yours. So, thank you.

good to know, well there was a welcome back cake but the hammer ate it tongue kdn

Last edited by Samer (09/30/12 10:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#162 09/30/12 10:09

ltemplar

"I'm glad you feel about me the way you do (that's some fair analysis of my attitude, and the irony of it is quite enlightening)"- to Samer
"I am everything that you said (and much worse, actually), and probably I deserved a welcome such as yours. So, thank you." - to Samer
To be honest at first, that sound more like potential lame excuse to go for another hibernation...
But i glad I was misjudge you..
So lets talk about this level.
And for god sake make up your minds about thous BGI colors scheme. I don't really want to start AGAIN texturing the robot char (40% - fin. btw.).

#163 09/30/12 10:09

Samer
Website

Ltemplar you and I agreed on the color scheme, the hammer, the robot i'm making, and hydra, use that color scheme, those who feel differently can modify the package to their likes once released.
You don't have to change anything about the robot, nor will i change the hammer or hydra colors.

Last edited by Samer (09/30/12 10:09)

#164 09/30/12 10:09

EdT
Website

Itemplar:  I'm interested in how Konoko's apartment looks in-game.  Can you provide a screenshot?

Also, I sent you an email.

#165 09/30/12 10:09

ltemplar

I know..I send you response for it...
Wait till i finish thous textures. I will send you the Furnitures, the apartment(UVW maped) too. OK- ?

#166 09/30/12 20:09

geyser
Website

Ltemplar, I'll do my best to catch up with the discussion one of these evenings (there's a hard working week ahead), but I'm not sure that I'll do so here on the forums. Maybe the wiki is a better place for that - the discussion is less sparse there, and it can be edited (collectively) into some sort of summary. By the way, welcome, it looks like your wiki account is ready to use. I'll be looking forward to seeing your "portfolio".

Just to make it clear, are you expecting something specific from me right now, and if there are several ways in which I may be useful, which would you say has top priority? I owe you a follow-up to the discussion about Oni entities in general, either as a regular critic or as some kind of "manager". I should also tell you which of your wanted features are feasible within Oni's engine and which are not. But you also say "lets talk about this level". Do you mean that I should help you determine a good candidate for BGi HQ? My suggestion is to test BGi stuff in a level like TCTF HQ or Regional State Building, first. Just use the architecture (complete with doors, trigger volumes, lasers, etc). Forget about the way those buildings were used in Oni's story, and use them for setting up test encounters with various BGi characters. Script10k volunteered to help with the scripting, and I can help if you need to tweak the level mechanics a bit (trigger volumes, mostly). So you're all set.

If that's too boring, and you want to have a completely new level - that's possible, but level mechanics are tedious to set up (doors, in particular, will be quite a hassle), and even pathfinding may be quite a time-consuming task (depending on how complicated the level is). So I'd say the best candidate is Hexagon, because it doesn't have any doors at all. Stretch it laterally so that the corridors are about 5 meters wide; de-triangulate it into quads wherever possible (there are other places in which the geometry ought to be optimized, e.g., wherever there are polygons with holes); try it ingame, pretending it's the underground part of the BGi HQ, in which there is mostly research labs, assembly lines, storage rooms and test chambers (and some auxiliary stuff like power generator, helipad, etc). While you're busy with Hexagon, I might have a look at the Colony level, optimize its geometry, and see if I can add pathfinding - and if that works out, I'll try to bring back glass and implement some doors.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but there's this huge mile-high tower that we have the permission to use: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ … 9c1ed76d59
I already have done the work of optimizing its geometry, and even started adding some stairs in the hall on the ground floor. Here are some old screenshots of it ingame, along with a HQ-ish building from Daz3D's Dystopia City Blocks: http://forum.onimia.net/viewtopic.php?pid=13632#p13632
The idea of the Tower (skyscraper) is that there is some secret data or object that is kept up there, in special hall-like areas every 40 floors, so Konoko gets to fight in those halls, between elevator rides.
The most recent model for the Tower is here: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/levels/dystopia/ (September 10, 2011 - that's when I uploaded my latest WIP version, and an older variant, for EdT to look at)

There was also this: http://www.cad.ru/ru/territory/sapr/ind … ess_center
No stairs inside the building, but a full set of floors, a reasonably modular design, and we have the permission to use it. As a new version of TCTF HQ, perhaps.
The model for that building is here: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/levels/andreika/office/

There are other good 3D models of buildings around (some of them complete with stairs, for example this one: http://www.greatbuildings.com/models/Ho … a_mod.html ), but that's a bit off-topic here. (Yes, I know that's a horribly old website, and .3dmf is a horribly old format.)

EDIT: Or maybe when you say "this level", you mean the apartment? I already said that if you model realistically small rooms and narrow corridors, all tightly packed and under a not-so-tall ceiling, you'll run into lots of camera problems with Oni's third-person view. So, like Ed, I'd like to see it ingame - run around and see how glitchy and/or frustrating it is (or maybe isn't) to actually play Oni in such a geometry. My guess is that it'll be hell with or without BGi opponents. But it's worth a try.

EDIT2: I showed you the existing level assets just so that you have it all (for comparison and inspiration). It's just an overview. I understand that you like to make your own levels, and that you're good at it.

Last edited by geyser (09/30/12 21:09)

#167 09/30/12 23:09

EdT
Website

geyser: FYI, I tried to import the office model into XSI, but XSI could not load the model.

#168 10/01/12 02:10

ltemplar

1)I imported checked the colony model...oh Man what a mess...This will require even more time to suit it to Oni needs than actually making it from scratch. WHY? Her is example
-The triangulation is the worses I ever seen(automatic process i believe).
-All entrances have bad shape(width and hight- no easy way to correct them especially for rounded part of the colony)
-The Glass part is badly created, and attached to general model.
-Huge tris..parts=going characters underground permanently(i will ned to create normal polygons for all floors individually- lots of work.
2)Hexagon- i haven't imported yet correctly..but I'm close..so when I will see it then i will tel more about it.
3)I will off curse check all thous buildings...but probably this will be the same as colony.

4)The maximum sized object that can be exported as EdT enlighten me can be +400 and - 400 meters  long in all directions(x,y,z) so one mile tower will be to large.

5)To tights corridors for Apartment(you where right camera is dying there+blam).. I tend to agree..but when i created no so tight others tell me that is to big...So maybe one room will be enough..with big hole?..but what about bathroom and shower then?

6)Ass I seed many times before..i prefer to do My stuff personally- because this gave you the best control on what you are doing and how.

Yeahh.. it's seams that this week will become busy for me as well..But i try to "catch" some free time.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/01/12 02:10)

#169 10/01/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Ltemplar i though u tested the apartment before ?

Samer wrote:

In theory .. Great. But as Edt said u really should do a test in oni NOW!. What if it doesn't work in oni ? What if there's something major u have to change .. So test what u have now, before u put any more time into it.

ltemplar wrote:

Well.. i tested apartment:

1- Only walls floors etc
2- witch furniture(some minor changes)
3-witch doors open
4-witch consoles

alone and was working fine..So i decide to make proper level

how come it's suddenly too tight now ? Even so it shouldn't blam.
Ed's maze level uses somewhat tight corridors and looks ok to me.
Can paradox's new camera animations be any use here ?

seeing enemies across walls is something we got used to on oni .. It's not a deal breaker tongue .. I started to think of it as konoko's clairvoiant ability tongue

Last edited by Samer (10/01/12 06:10)

#170 10/01/12 08:10

EdT
Website

Itemplar: Could you upload the level files .dat that contains the apartment and either email me the link or post here, then we can look at the model and determine what is causing the crash.

You can get an Oni ready Hexagon level here: http://www.mods.oni2.net/node/182

In theory, if you move the ground to -400m then you can go up to 800m in height smile

#171 10/01/12 09:10

ltemplar

Yes now i have crashes...The first test was successful however...as I described..And before you ask me for sending to versions I never kept outdated things on my hard drive.
One note in first level(when i tested) i have walls separated . while In this i Have them as whole object..So maybe The engine at first think about thous walls as furnitures(so no crash)..the second time i have crash- because the are merged together as one object.
This is only theory ...But this can be the source(now i need to detach all wall parts to the previous state ..and then export)

Yes doors open..doors are not working

#172 10/01/12 09:10

EdT
Website

I was referring to your current apartment files that were causing the crashes.

If you still have crashes after your changes, please upload the files so we can test and help discover the problem.  It could be something I have encountered before in my level models.

#173 10/01/12 09:10

ltemplar

XSI or exported ones?

BTW. How the furnitures?..You still have this problem with UVW map coordinates?

Last edited by ltemplar (10/01/12 09:10)

#174 10/01/12 11:10

EdT
Website

The Oni .dat level files, so I can quickly test ingame.

Using Sketchup I can get the UV maps for the furnitures.

#175 10/01/12 16:10

ltemplar

When I finish , and test all possibilities..i will post the files for verification process..Still making BNV..
And I'm pretty busy now so probably I will be ready in the end of this weak.
PS.I'm glad that furnitures work for you.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/01/12 16:10)

Board footer