Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 09/23/12 10:09

ltemplar

Re: BGI Characters and Levels Discussion

1)I'm matching center rotations.
2)All heads are in this one(you could simply remove mask or visors(polygons) from it)
3)No i can't do much in XSI .. because I still have to clean the mess..i have on my hard drive.
As i wrote above I had a huge crash on my computer, so this is as much I can do for now.
Sorry.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/23/12 10:09)

#102 09/23/12 13:09

Samer
Website

Is there any hope the animations can be salvaged later ? Or are they lost for good

if they still can be salvaged, i'll wait, if not i can try to make them using striker's heavy kick for rhino head charge and tankers crouch + fw kick for ground smash

Last edited by Samer (09/23/12 13:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#103 09/23/12 13:09

ltemplar

The animations aren't lost...When I finish cleaning my hard drive..I will post them (for now....because of that crash I have them finish on :Rhino charge 65%, the earthquake 85%)- Thous will be XSI files not exported ones.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/23/12 13:09)

#104 09/23/12 21:09

Samer
Website

Hope it will get resolved soon and thanks for everything. I have 1 additional request, when u are able to work on xsi again, can u make 1 more animation for him ? The animation is he forcefully claps his hands together once or more than once ... While standing ., later particles can be added to make it like a soundwave is emitted from the clap that stuns enemies.

#105 09/24/12 01:09

Samer
Website

some notes for later .. that might you help solve your export problem

1-before matching centers make sure the current scaling and rotation of the object centers are frozen, then match the center ''all transforms'' to the oni one.
2- when u match all transforms of centers sometimes translation is not matched only scaling and rotation, u need to manually correct the translation of the center to match that of oni .. i've noticed in the dae some centers have correct rotation but wrong translation . also wrong scaling cz u didn't freeze the scaling first
3- u tend to name the biceps wrists and the fists wrists ..

#106 09/24/12 03:09

ltemplar

It's dae file produced by my 3d program not XSI.
I have XSI file where all thous things you mentioned are corrected(2h work).
Centers are wrong, because even if i create proper centers , parenting , etc in 3d program, it will produce additional nodes(helpers) for the centers, kill the parenting, and unfreeze scaling...so this is waste of time..
What I posted is DAE from that program..only prepared to work in XSI nothing more.
But i will take what you wrote into consideration, especially "all transforms" thing.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/24/12 03:09)

#107 09/24/12 06:09

ltemplar

Update.

Hammer Animations version 1.0(based on Barabbas model)

Include XSI format animations:

-Thunderclap attack- generate shock wave
-Rhino charge-At the beginning prt. charge(similar to Barabbas). then fast "fly"(god prt. needed here)
-Earthquake_attack - As previous prt. charge then he hit with his two fists a ground, discharging the accumulated energy
and then creating shock wave (after that freeze in 20 sek.- available for attack).

Thous two attack at the beginning are similar for purpose(you can't be sure with attack he will preform, till it's to late)
Rhino charge can be only evade by jump of from the "fly" track.the Earthquake attack can be evaded only by moving out from the discharge range.

Agree?

link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?su6wt1i82xnd5aq

Last edited by ltemplar (09/24/12 07:09)

#108 09/24/12 07:09

uroboros

If Hammer's abilities are going to be mainly earthquakes and shockwaves maybe he could have an attack like this?
ielOf.jpg
A ring shaped shockwave with a big radius but it would move slowly so it can be easily avoided by jumping over  it.

#109 09/24/12 09:09

Samer
Website

Ltemplar, a scene file can't be opened unless i have all the related files in the same location as you .. I can't open this, xsi says : exp can't be opened .. So like i said please send me a dae.

#110 09/24/12 10:09

ltemplar

Dae format files as requested

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8111eiry1tr51br

Hope this will not be messed up.

#111 09/24/12 12:09

EdT
Website

Samer: Did you move the scene files into your scene folder and open it from there?

I put Itemplar's xsi files into my scene folder and was able to open them in xsi with no problem

#112 09/24/12 13:09

Samer
Website

No i didn't, i'll try that as soon as possible, however i've always had trouble even saving scene files  i get failed to save before system failure either when i save it or when i try to re-open it, when u save the scene does it have to be in a specific folder as well ?

#113 09/24/12 13:09

EdT
Website

I save the scene file in the default scene folder.

BTW.  Thank you for your assistance, I replied by email

#114 09/24/12 13:09

ltemplar

I put another files for animations in DAE format 4 posts above.
Any comment will be appreciated.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/24/12 13:09)

#115 09/24/12 13:09

Samer
Website

Ltemplar i saw the links, just don't have electricity to see them yet, it'll take few hrs to be back, sorry. I managed to successfully export the model btw today so that's good, just had to modify neck, head juncture a bit, other than that it looked great in game smile

#116 09/24/12 13:09

ltemplar

Ok.
But don't forgot to post a screen shot. smile

#117 09/24/12 16:09

Samer
Website

I tried to open scenes .. put them in the default folder .. got this :
SNAG-0234.jpg
same if i save a scene i made to the default folder .. can't open it later. it's a problem on my end obviously since Edt can open them but i have no idea how to solve it or what causes it (i've installed and reinstalled xsi several times since then) .. even on my old computer i was never able to save and open scenes successfully. Edt .. do u update ur xsi when it says updates are available ?

for dae files i get this mess for all of them :
SNAG-0235.jpg there's no parenting what so ever between the parts btw .. ltemplar do u use crosswalk export dae ?

Edt maybe u can export as dae and send it to me since u can open the scene files and ltemplar can't export the dae correctly.

screenshots in game btw
2012-09-25_005827.jpg
2012-09-25_005843.jpg

Last edited by Samer (09/24/12 17:09)

#118 09/24/12 17:09

EdT
Website

Here are the animations: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1869/Hammer_Animations.zip

Samer: Have you looked at the permissions on the default scenes folder? 

Itemplar: Why don't you use Crosswalk in XSI to export as dae? That is what I always use with no issues.

#119 09/24/12 18:09

Samer
Website

ok i tested the animations .. they're good smile some feedback though

they are a bit too slow i think, the pause at the beginning in particular is too long, i can cut some frames from it though or remove it all together cz without a proper particle that makes him look he's charging energy it won't look so good. and with that much pause she'll have time to run to another room or hit him a lot before he does the attack

the rhino charge, wish he bent his head\chest a bit more to actually hit with the head horn (like striker's heavy kick) .. as is now he'll hit with the torso due to his size.

the thunder clap, can he extend his arms fully ?  since u mentioned marvel ultimate alliance before.. take a look at the thing's thunder clap or the hulk's .. they extend their arms fully.  he opens his arms extending them fully bringing them to the back a bit then claps them together in the front .. this doesn't look as forceful.

if possible to make these modifications i'll appreciate it.

Edt thanks for ur help .. but i don't think i understood what u meant by permissions (?)

Last edited by Samer (09/24/12 18:09)

#120 09/24/12 18:09

EdT
Website

Read/write permissions on the scenes folder.  I don't know why else you can't save and open your scenes.

#121 09/25/12 03:09

ltemplar

I'm using Crosswalk for exporting DAE format...This time I used selection only. Selected all parts and then export.Maybe i haven't checked and make active some of the options there? Next time i will remove cameras helpers etc..and then see if this is exported correctly....

What is regarding animations:

1)That long pause is for purpose. He will create deadly particles like Barabbas then he will preform the move.But if you think it's to much then short this time (simply in dopesheet select all frames in that charge , and then move to desire frame(cut by 10 or more- but if you do this then also modify the other move))
2)Look how the horn is located. It's not straight up direction. But if you want you can fund out thous two frames(for begin and the end of "fly") , and change only head or torso rotations for thous (this is 5 min work) to get desire result.
3)Yes i know thats why proper prt. are needed. I can't create this move exactly looking like hulk's thunder clap. The limitations are oni bones, and the fact that he is wearing a heavy augmented armor.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/25/12 03:09)

#122 09/25/12 13:09

Samer
Website

ltemplar are u still going to texture the robot and improve the typhoon and make the trooper ?

#123 09/25/12 13:09

ltemplar

Yes i will..I even started...but want to finish the Konoko scout armor, and BGI trooper first.
If you afraid that I jump to framework thing then don't worry it is rather long term project. like Apartment level.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/25/12 13:09)

#124 09/25/12 13:09

Samer
Website

yeah u got me tongue looking forward to them .. i'll finish the other stuff with the hammer as soon as i finish hanako.

#125 09/25/12 13:09

ltemplar

No problem.. tongue

Especially I'm looking forward to see the animations in the game.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/25/12 13:09)

Board footer