Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#251 10/06/12 19:10

Samer
Website

Re: BGI Characters and Levels Discussion

How exactly do you feel i can improve them ?

Btw i hope others also leave feedback on the modified version.

Last edited by Samer (10/06/12 22:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#252 10/07/12 02:10

ltemplar

If you add the green color and take ninja bot of yours as reference..then...you need to improve them..by matching shading and color tone..yours are too..bright..adding some extra lines and shadows will be required too..probably.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/07/12 02:10)

#253 10/07/12 03:10

Samer
Website

They don't have to look exactly the same .. I was hoping it would be an intermediate between the ninjabot and the whiter hydra/hammer/typhoon.

I matched the color of the lighter green from the ninjabot not the dark one on the chest .. But I'll add more shadows and make the green darker i guess.

#254 10/07/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Better ? Made them darker and added more shadows
397219_4794739871043_698930000_n.jpg?dl=1
This is as close as they're gonna get. Darker than this would look ugly.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 06:10)

#255 10/07/12 06:10

ltemplar

Now they are matching more..But this is not green but pastel color..change this

Last edited by ltemplar (10/07/12 14:10)

#256 10/07/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Ok then smile .. For the hydra, i'm gonna make give of that greenish tint too instead of plain white.. Btw i'll upload her head and head texture, later today,  when u feel like taking a look at it.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 20:10)

#257 10/07/12 08:10

Tracker

Awesome!
I'm a bit jealous on our models.
They are looking so cool! smile

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#258 10/07/12 09:10

EdT
Website

Fearsome enemies!

#259 10/07/12 14:10

Samer
Website

ltemplar this is the hydra head https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/hydrahead.zip if u want to check it out

#260 10/07/12 14:10

ltemplar

I will take a look ..but please once more time ..change this aye burning color...it need more contrast ...

#261 10/07/12 15:10

Samer
Website

ltemplar : Today 7:45: Now they are matching more.

me : Today 7:49 : Ok then smile

ltemplar : Today 15:52 you edited ur post : But this is not green but pastel color..change this

It's not my fault u changed ur mind 6 hours later. I'm sorry as I said this is as much as I can make them match ..

It's supposed to be a white armor not a green armor, as the other characters ..

This is the one that u said is too bright and i can improve it.
2012-10-07_021303.jpg
this is the one i made darker and u said they match now (before u edited ur post 6 hrs later that is)
2012-10-07_185344.jpg

u can clearly see it's darker... And maybe i'm blind .. But they look like they have same color scheme to me now (ninjabot and heavybot)

and as i said i'll edit the hydra to make it less bright white and more like this.

The armor is not supposed to be green, but there are some parts on it that are green, like the wrists and eye and buttons.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 16:10)

#262 10/07/12 17:10

ltemplar

Because at firs that was gentle suggestion...especially that you want to have green not pastel..after that..you improve..and I only wrote that they are match more...but still thinking that its not the final product...but when you posted it as beta..I putted statement about his color shame(also modify the firs post )..)At the beginning that supposed to be dark green(or mid green)..and at the last minute you decide to make it pastel..So whose change his mind first??

Any way, here I post improved hydra head model. It's total number of triangles is 876 so less than 1000..(probably no buffer overflow thing but i can't be 100% sure about this)

http://www.mediafire.com/?f95tyskd6di7m54

Last edited by ltemplar (10/07/12 17:10)

#263 10/07/12 17:10

Leus
Website

Just wanted to comment that I read through this thread and I think all the progress and innovation you guys are making is awesome.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#264 10/07/12 18:10

Samer
Website

Thanks leus smile

ltemplar i never said i wanted the armor to be green. The hammer armor is white true ? when u drew the hammer armor green i said no it should be white.
The armor is still white but with this greenish/teal tint that i believe makes it less plane than just white. instead of being white and shadows are grey, it's white with a greenish/teal or 'pastel' tint and  darker color of these colors as shadows,
the green parts are still there, eye and wrists, this is green, but i never planned to have armor green.
Maybe at first i planned to have the armor all white, but when i saw the ninjabot with that tint i thought it looks much better than just white and grey. so it wasn't last minute .. It was after i posted 2 updates on ninjabot and 3 update posts about the heavybot that i published it as a 'beta'.
so if u didn't consider plane white eye burning before how do u consider a darker white with teal tint eye burning.
anyway it's beta so if u finish the animations, before we reupdate the package i'll try to color the whole thing green, but i think that will look bad.
Edit : or increase contrast.
i'm still not sure what u want exactly .. To color it green, or to make the 'pastel' darker or to increase contrast.

thank you for the hydra head.

EDIT : I experimented with contrast and experimented with other greener shades .. this what i got, i personally don't think it looks better ..
SNAG-0238.jpg
so honestly I don't know how to improve it nor do i see anything wrong with it .. if i knew I would .. so if u want to the textures are in the beta package, if u want to give them a go again

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 22:10)

#265 10/08/12 03:10

ltemplar

If you want to fuse something..then..make it much smother(one color is morphing to another)..now it's almost like painted...and badly cut from it..If you want to cut it then use shadows..if you want to be fused.use more smoothing crossing one to another..Its hard to understand..but both examples are presented on ninja bot
1)Cut: on the chest area and top of the calf
2)crossing : on the lover parts of the calf or on the foot(in other places too).
It's up to you what method you choose (the best will be if booth)..and hang it.

And that's my humble opinion only..if others like it..then "That's" fine.

So for now on lets close this subject..and move forward..please?
PS.I gave you the question about hydra head in another thread and also some tips how to improve it's texture.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/08/12 03:10)

#266 10/08/12 08:10

Samer
Website

yeah i saw it, thanks again .. u increased the polygon count, but i felt that it's still same shape i was hoping u would do some changes like making nose, chin and cheeks less pointy .. i'll try to do that later ..
can u tell which is which tongue ?
SNAG-0248.jpg

for the hair .. the top of it mm yeah i guess i can do better than that .. but for the rest of it, i was going for like a shiny wig than natural hair ..
anyway i'm taking a little break from bgi .. i want to update hayate and update jamie.

Last edited by Samer (10/08/12 08:10)

#267 10/08/12 09:10

ltemplar

Isn't it obvious?
You asked me to ..make it more rounded..not to increase detail to much..I did this...
Another thing is that showing her at this angle don't make any difference. Show her from sides..then you will see thous small details i added..Rounded corners etc...But even now it crystal clear which one is improved. If you wanted something else then you should wrote abut it first..

#268 10/08/12 10:10

Samer
Website

That's what i meant by smoother tongue i should have explained it better i guess as i said thank you, and no biggy i'll modify it myself later since u already did the difficult part. smile

#269 10/11/12 08:10

Samer
Website

Ltemplar any progress on the troopers big_smile ?

#270 10/11/12 10:10

EdT
Website

I spoke with Neo regarding the issue of the TRBS.  He says that the current version uses bone id order rather than the previous bone name to import the TRBS to Oni.

Here is an example of wrong bone id order for the shoulders and head:
schematic.jpg

To correct it, use the Reorder Nodes Tool and then move the head to the left of left_shoulder.

So then the correct bone order is shown moving from left to right on the Schematic View.
pelvis
left_thigh right_thigh mid
and
head left_shoulder right_shoulder

#271 10/11/12 13:10

Samer
Website

well that unnecessarily complicates things big_smile ! any advantage of 'using bone id order' except adding an extra step for us before we export and increasing error possibility :\ ? btw this applies for animations too ?

#272 10/11/12 13:10

ltemplar

Sorry Samer I'm pretty busy this weak..so no progresses...

EdT ...so this mean That I need to relocate the order? Could you provide the proper order/positioning..here?
From my knowledge..yes..animations are also affected ..

Last edited by ltemplar (10/11/12 13:10)

#273 10/11/12 13:10

Samer
Website

but what's the advantage of it sad ? tongue i'll stick with the older onisplit version for now.
ltemplar if u want check my bgi-shocker concept on the various character project thread smile ..

#274 10/11/12 16:10

EdT
Website

any advantage of 'using bone id order' except adding an extra step for us before we export and increasing error possibility

Well, for one thing, that is the correct order of the TRBS.  If you extract an original TRBS from Oni, it will be in the same order. So this method ensures that all TRBS will have the same structure. Besides if you keep using the older OniSplit, you will not benefit from future bug fixes and improvements.

This will not affect the animations, since the parent/child relationships are the same.

Itemplar: See the above schematic, the correct order has the head to the left of left_shoulder.

#275 10/11/12 16:10

Samer
Website

i mean we were extracting and converting before without having to adjust the order and it was just fine .. also if u extracted a trbs from oni the order didn't matter all that mattered was that they have correct naming and parenting now they should have correct naming and parenting and order .. just seems 1 more thing to worry about without any advantage :\ what's the benefit of all trbs having same order .. it never was an issue .. If it isn't broken don't fix it ..
1 thing that needs fixing for example is extracting reflective TXMPs from oni to xml .. the xml doesn't show the envmap ..
can u tell Neo please to maybe consider removing that order thing in the next version ? (few of us model models anyway if we all feel it's unnecessary then maybe he'll consider reverting it back .. VR, paradox, ltemplar, You and myself)

Last edited by Samer (10/11/12 16:10)

Board footer