Man that was tough, good job big_smile

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#127 10/02/12 22:10

Samer
Website

Re: Old China Level Mod - Final - Oct 17 2012 Update

U finished it all yikes ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#128 10/02/12 22:10

Lithium

Yes, that last mission is bull...

This is exciting! Seeing the first new level with a full script is a sign of good things to come. big_smile

Last edited by Lithium (10/02/12 22:10)

#129 10/02/12 22:10

Samer
Website

Damn you tongue i'm still at save point 1 and got a power cut won't be able to continue till few hours tongue
Ed u did a great job, the textures look much much better, the load and fail screen and the music and all (that's what i've seen till now) tongue
it's nice to play and have some fun instead of only modding, thanks for the great mod Ed

#130 10/02/12 23:10

EdT
Website

Lithium: You finished it so quick!  I hope it took longer than 7 minutes smile

Samer, you're welcome, it was fun making it.  I won't spoil anything, but I think you will be happy to see your models in the game.

#131 10/02/12 23:10

Lithium

The great and powerful Oxe thinks nothing of this >:l

Yeah took about an hour, got stuck in the final battle, Mukade died or the tctf with guns got me. hmm

#132 10/02/12 23:10

EdT
Website

I knew I should have made an extra hard version!  lol

Thanks for not sharing any spoilers.

#133 10/02/12 23:10

Lithium

Spoiler: Harvey Dent dies :V

#134 10/03/12 04:10

s10k
Website

I'm glad you like guys! big_smile

#135 10/03/12 13:10

uroboros

wow that's a great level !

btw, I don't remember the last time when I was as scared as in the stealth mission with red ninja xD

Last edited by uroboros (10/03/12 13:10)

#136 10/03/12 14:10

ltemplar

For me it take something about 2 hrs. (4 exactly because I loved the last part..and fight with ninja twins, and repeated again many times)-BTW. I have this mod activated with the others like ONI_DF_TC(v0.3)+Loser Improved AI+Upgraded ONCC(my version)+Better weapons(my version)..This was a hell of a ride..this 5 ninjas with thous mod activated..can nail you in one approach. Try that if you daring. Last thing is that in my mod(v 0.3 ) Guards have sight range seated on 1000 and hearing on 300...this is true stealth mission...:)
One not EdT. Why i can't kill guards in this stealth missions(or can I?)?

Last edited by ltemplar (10/03/12 16:10)

#137 10/03/12 15:10

Samer
Website

Yay we didn't kill him big_smile !!! ^_^ (u know who)
I was like no don't u hit my hanako :@ then no don't u hit my casey :@ then damn i jut got killed tongue
LOVED ITTT big_smile FINAL BATTLE was Awesome  ( I had to cheat sometimes though tongue)
and i cheated thru the stealth missions :$ cz I wanted to see the other stuff, I'll replay it later ... I realized I suck at stealth tongue
I loved the music, and the thunder yikes ! and well everything ^_^ ! the surprise on the bridge big_smile

parts i enjoyed the most were the sniper and race  big_smile
and the final challenge (one on one) battle : the setting and the music there was fantastic.

there's also 1 character tongue who i saw before on the free model site and was going to use as hayate minion for the mega pack level tongue (classic ninja same color scheme i had in mind even) I hope it's ok to use it there too ^_^
the load screens and win and lose screens were awesome .. VR really makes these screens look authentic yikes ! the font and everything
I liked how difficulty changes example the extra laser.

Awesome isn't enough of a word for this mod smile !

Great job script ! really i never thought that could be done , and VR and paradox and Ed and everyone. that's what i'm talking about, modders coming together to make 1 super awesome mod...

ouh and the character avatars liked those too big_smile

edit : uhm those aren't considered spoilers right :$ ?

Last edited by Samer (01/02/14 22:01)

#138 10/03/12 16:10

EdT
Website

Samer: I think you set a record with all the smileys in your post!  big_smile   Of course we couldn't kill him off, since he is part of Oni.  So now we know the reason for him wearing a sling and looking beatup smile

Itemplar: It should be possible to kill the guards in the stealth mission, let us know if it is possible.

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying the mod. Script10k and I wanted to do more than fight one opponent after another.  Our motto was different and challenging. 

All credit goes to script10k for the final battle, I had a simple idea of TCTF verses ninjas and he turned it into this awesome battle.  I hope you appreciate the work he did for the TCTF reinforcements, it was not easy.  In fact he had to write a separate program just to make it work.  In fact, every crazy idea I had he found a way to code it.

This mod would not have been possible without all the help and support I got.  Thank you!

#139 10/03/12 17:10

Samer
Website

A technical question : how did u manage to make mukade teleport and use fireballs correctly ( usually done by giving him the combat id he uses in rooftops, that's how i get regenerating characters to regenrate) however with mukade we've failed to do so before in the junkyard and arena level with his teleporting combat id he spawns high in the air and dies. .. How did u manage to make it to work here ? In ur gauntlet level i presumed it worked cz the area was as high as rooftops, but the china level doesn't seem that high.

Last edited by Samer (10/03/12 17:10)

#140 10/03/12 17:10

EdT
Website

Actually China level is that high.  If you enter the where command you will see that the ground is at 600.  Originally, I had the ground at 0, but the room with Mukade would be visible in the sky.  So I had to raise the whole level to hide the room.  I noted the technical details here: http://wiki.oni2.net/Talk:Mukade.

Samer: btw, did you get my email with the link to the TRBS?

#141 10/03/12 20:10

Samer
Website

Ouh cool,
may i also use some of the music and the classic ninja and katiana model for the mega pack level .. (some day tongue)
i received the email will be able to test it in few hrs.

#142 10/03/12 20:10

EdT
Website

Here are some more cool free music: http://www.entropymusic.com/

I have to warn you the ninja_classic had no UVmaps, I didn't do a good job with the body parts, since it was a background character, I didn't spend much time with it.  Kitana... well you know about the problems around the shoulder area.  I have another model to send you in a day or so, that you might want to include in the custom character package.

#143 10/03/12 20:10

Samer
Website

Yes that i was wondering about, i saw the ninja classic model http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/charac … 14-1-0-358 some time ago and thought it would be great for hayate minion, i tested it in xsi and it had no uv maps, but when i saw it in ur mod, i thought it was something wrong on my side with xsi not showing the uv maps which sometimes happened with typhoon and hanako.
so how did u manage to make the belt red ? Did u add uv maps urself ?

there was also this one : http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/charac … 14-1-0-293 don't know if u saw it

Last edited by Samer (10/03/12 20:10)

#144 10/03/12 23:10

Samer
Website

Ed the level was discussed on the facebook group as well .. there was talking about the climbing obstacles over lava .. which i realized i didn't have yikes apparently after i finished save point 1 with the stealth datapad thing i got to save point 3 immediately (fighting on rooftops) it skipped save point 2 for me.

#145 10/04/12 00:10

EdT
Website

That is really weird.  Do you have save point in the level?  If not, then enable dev mode, press the tilde key to get the CMD line, then enter the command save_game 2.  If you are playing the hard mode, you get the platforms and lava pit.

#146 10/04/12 00:10

Samer
Website

Ouh if i'm playin normal i don't yikes ? I think i switched to normal during the stealth mission cz i kept getting caught. tongue

#147 10/04/12 03:10

s10k
Website

For music I usually use lastfm: http://www.last.fm/music/+free-music-downloads.

Lava only appears in the hard mode, but you should get the rooftoops search for mukade mission. Did you used cheats in savepoint 1 (not sure if that may cause it).

A technical question : how did u manage to make mukade teleport and use fireballs correctly ( usually done by giving him the combat id he uses in rooftops, that's how i get regenerating characters to regenrate) however with mukade we've failed to do so before in the junkyard and arena level with his teleporting combat id he spawns high in the air and dies. .. How did u manage to make it to work here ? In ur gauntlet level i presumed it worked cz the area was as high as rooftops, but the china level doesn't seem that high.

Fireball via combat id, teleport is like EdT said. For final mission his teleport was emulated via scripting.

Thanks EdT for the support I loved to work with you too. You started the mod, had some great ideas and did every model, level and other great stuff like textures (and even some scripting) etc. Without you this wouldn't be possible either.

[SPOILER]

So now we know the reason for him wearing a sling and looking beatup

Yes we based on this image:
http://wiki.oni2.net/File:Act_1_.MISSION_FAILED.png
[/SPOILER]

#148 10/04/12 08:10

Samer
Website

Script I'm gonna borrow u for the mega pack level tongue though Ed set the bar really high with this one.

btw i'm thinking of making a video of some parts of the level but playing as hanako that way i'll be showcasing 2 mods in 1. Would that be ok Ed ? Or if u don't want to make a video cz it may contain spoilers, that's ok too.

Last edited by Samer (10/04/12 08:10)

#149 10/04/12 08:10

ltemplar

I have the technical question regarding the "helicopter" reinforcements part.
If i change helicopter to other model will this interfere with the overall concept..or this model is only the dummy..and actually only characters are moving up and down?
Edit1. Also very interesting concept with this change perspective view idea. If i understand correctly ..you switch players for few second then returning to the "original one". Is that correct?- because exactly the same idea I'm gonna use for showing apartment breach by BGI, or shower scene..only thing that I didyn't "catch"  is, how You disallow player to do anything (only watching) during this process-example the "caught" ninja view.

BTW.excellent work on the level and scripting. The only "missing" part was inability to clock..or activate fire ball(adding them wia script by replacing the walk left or right.will not be to difficult..i think)

Last edited by ltemplar (10/04/12 08:10)

#150 10/04/12 09:10

EdT
Website

Samer: Go ahead and make the video, it seems many have already played the level, so it won't come as a surprise.
Regarding the ninja_classic, I added some UVmaps to parts, such as the red belt.  But I did a poor job overall of the UVmaps.  That model was too hard to UVmap.

Itemplar:  The helicopter is made up of 2 parts, the body and the rotor which is an animated gif on a single plane.  What makes them move up and down are OBANs.  So you can switch the helicopter with another model.

We used the script command chr_focus to get the view from the AI along with ai2_takecontrol 1 which prevents the player from moving.  There might be more, going off of memory.

Board footer