Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/06/12 19:03

gmsly

TCTF Regional HQ MOD 3.4 (Released) - big battles script!

TCTF Regional HQ MOD 3.4 --- big battles script!

FluxBB bbcode test

### What special ###
This is  big battles script, the new version additional savepoint6

Save Point 1
buarabus in different place

Save Point 2
changing side assault to tctf

Save Point 3
changing side assault to tctf

Save Point 4
boss battle: buarabus - mukade - muro - win(to SP5)

Save Point 5 (new) Team battle
Kidnap shinatama

Save Point 6 (new) Team battle
TCTF reinforcements arrive

Save Point 6II (new) Team battle
Random TCTF reinforcements

Better to install packages:
12000 AE Weapons;
22000 AE Characters;
23100 ShinatamaBot 2.0;
The package include: 21200 SentryDroid - Original by EdT;

Download here:
http://mods.oni2.net/node/144

old version of the mod  video (Hard Mode):
savepoint 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpogACGv … ature=plcp

savepoint 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIC6T0qw … ature=plcp

savepoint 3+4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQoZo56 … ature=plcp

savepoint 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZgGt4fM … ature=plcp

savepoint 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3XDwW17 … ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMHivLEu … ature=plcp

Last edited by gmsly (04/07/12 09:04)

#2 03/06/12 22:03

Iritscen

Re: TCTF Regional HQ MOD 3.4 (Released) - big battles script!

Hmm!  I'll try this soon.  I hope you guys appreciate that this is the largest script that anyone's ever written for Oni by far.  Hopefully this will work better in my Intel build, the old Mac build didn't have enough BSL capabilities to run this mod.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/06/12 23:03

gmsly

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm!  I'll try this soon.  I hope you guys appreciate that this is the largest script that anyone's ever written for Oni by far.  Hopefully this will work better in my Intel build, the old Mac build didn't have enough BSL capabilities to run this mod.

the script is not  complete yet, do not forget this is only beta. And my old PC can run it very well, CPU is core2 T5200 and Integrated graphics.

#4 03/08/12 08:03

Samer
Website

can we have a description of what it does exactly ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 03/08/12 20:03

Striker

Samer wrote:

can we have a description of what it does exactly ?

It changes the amount, difficulty and position of many troops (including TCTF) in the first TCTF HQ mission.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#6 03/19/12 11:03

gmsly

#7 03/24/12 23:03

EdT
Website

This is really an amazing work of coding.

#8 03/24/12 23:03

gmsly

Beta version the BINACJBOCharacter.oni file has some problems.

#9 03/25/12 06:03

s10k
Website

I played it a bit and I think I found some bugs:

-At first savepoint there are 1 black tctf trooper which is unkillable.

-Is this supposed to happen? (seems it was a bomber at last floor of savepoint 1)
2z7iwqr.jpg

The mod is a bit confuse at a time we are attacking Syndicate in other the TCTF. Maybe was just me which didn't got it yet, since I haven't finished it.

This a awesome job btw. Good work. smile

Last edited by s10k (03/25/12 06:03)

#10 03/25/12 07:03

gmsly

Script_10k: At first savepoint there are 1 black tctf trooper can kill before the red strkier dead. bomber is only supposed to happen in savepoint 6,I have not been playing  savepoint 1 did not find this bug

Last edited by gmsly (03/25/12 07:03)

#11 03/25/12 12:03

s10k
Website

Yeah just finish the script. The bomber should blown in 6 savepoint dunno why, seems I could activate the trigger in savepoint 1. :S
Still an awesome and gigantic mod.

btw seems we are constantly changing side because it allows us to "live" both moments of the assault to tctf base like kidnapping Shinatama. That's awesome.

Last edited by s10k (03/25/12 12:03)

#12 03/25/12 19:03

gmsly

Script_10k: The bomber will fix that next version, I am concerned about the SP6, so I forgot to check SP1,Thank for reminding smile

#13 03/27/12 03:03

gmsly

How about make a savepoint for Syndicate escapes

Last edited by gmsly (03/27/12 03:03)

#14 03/27/12 07:03

s10k
Website

Don't that happen already when we kidnap shinatama? If not it's a good idea.

#15 03/27/12 10:03

gmsly

Some File have problem, Please redownload when you download V3.3 earlier

#16 04/19/17 22:04

MoonSpot

*/me raises hand*

Hi, new here and have been thumbing about(Which of course means I probably stuck my thumb into things haphazardly). Just wondering if this mod is supposed to loop in perpetuity or if there's a way to end it.  I've gotten the message "You win" a few times, but then things start over again the moment I exit the HQ via the roof.
Sorry to necro a thread with a newbs problem :stressedEmbarassedAnimeTearFacesu:

Last edited by MoonSpot (04/19/17 22:04)

#17 04/20/17 08:04

Iritscen

Hi, and welcome MoonSpot!  Your question is a good one.  The mod never seemed to fully work for me, so I haven't played it through.  Looking at the BSL, it seems that the scenario was originally intended to loop after Barabas is beaten on the roof, but the command that would reset the level was commented out (line 1617 of tctf_save6.bsl).  Did you have that fight with Barabas?  Did the game say "-You win-" in bold (line 1618), or "you win" in regular text?  Because the second message is found on line 247 of tctf_save6II.bsl.  Maybe someone who has the time and some BSL experience can look into this mod and see if it's working right.  The BSL code is difficult for me to follow at a glance.

#18 04/20/17 13:04

MoonSpot

Iritscen wrote:

Hi, and welcome MoonSpot!  Your question is a good one.  The mod never seemed to fully work for me, so I haven't played it through.  Looking at the BSL, it seems that the scenario was originally intended to loop after Barabas is beaten on the roof, but the command that would reset the level was commented out (line 1617 of tctf_save6.bsl).

Thanks big_smile !  I did beat Barabas 6 times iirc through my progression through the loop.  That's twice per instance.  Once on the rooftop /w sinitama-helicopter as per vanilla, and the 2nd instance is supposedly the final enemy for the loop.  Thats not the case however since you need to move through the stage to leave the area and in doing so Konoto re-trips some spawn points and you're forced to repeat part of that loops instance.
Even trips up the comments the mod sends to the player by informing them to "follow the team", but the team has despawned since ya already "won".

If the [end if] is commented out, it would make a sick sort of sense since the dialogue on the roof when things kick off is:
Earth-quaker spam cheese dude: "You can never escape me."
Konoko:"Who says I want to escape?"

And so, ya never do I guess :shrugs:

Iritscen wrote:

Did the game say "-You win-" in bold (line 1618), or "you win" in regular text?  Because the second message is found on line 247 of tctf_save6II.bsl.  Maybe someone who has the time and some BSL experience can look into this mod and see if it's working right.  The BSL code is difficult for me to follow at a glance.

Almost certain I got "-You Win-" each time, but not positive if that was the case for each instance of the loop I went trough.  The loop itself wasn't the only issue I was having, had repeatable and predictable crashing which I suspect was partly due to soo many NPCs in close quarters and too many of them doing their flashy moves at the same time.  At least 10 times it crashed in a particular spot when the last hit from Sledgehammer Heel combo would connect, but only when there was a cluster frack of characters in a hallway in an all-out free-for-all.  When the numbers were smaller, things seemed perfectly stable.

I've uninstalled this mod, and so far haven't encountered any other problems, but thats not to say I won't or that this mod was the cause(of the crashing).  Just that because it places soo many characters in tight quarters that it may more easily have brought problems to the surface.  I can re-install it once I figure put how to gather info from the game in a computer assisted empirical fashion rather than my feels and suppositions.

Anyhoo, was a blast while it lasted.  Just don't think I can leave it in my load order.

Last edited by MoonSpot (04/20/17 15:04)

#19 04/20/17 16:04

Iritscen

Actually it's the line that would loop the scenario which seems to be commented out, which is what's strange.  Assuming that line is actually commented out in your version of the mod as well.  It's possible that gmsly did intend the mod to loop, but I also see a couple calls to "win", which is the function that ends the level and displays the mission complete splashscreen, so the looping is probably a bug in the code or trigger volumes as you suggested.

As far as crashing due to lots of activity on-screen, that is a known problem that occurs when there are a number of mods installed, particularly mods that add particles, such as appear during "flashy moves".  You can reduce the odds of crashing by limiting the number of active mods.  I always wanted to have a safety feature in the AE Installer to prevent particle class overload, but it hasn't happened yet.  The problem was fixed in the Mac Intel build of Oni, but not in Windows Oni.

Board footer