Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/13/12 17:02

Striker

Need help with chr_lod

I have been struggling with this problem for a while now: When I play Oni, the chr_lod is always set to low (or changes). I found out that I could force it to 4, but with no success. Most likely the AE does not allow this to be set to 4, as it spits out an error when I try and type "chr_lod 4" in the console (without the brackets). Does anyone know a possible fix for this, or am I stuck with cube-headed strikers (and every other character for that matter)?
H0D9j.png
Edit: My 'quality' slider in the menu is set to the max.

Last edited by Striker (02/13/12 17:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 02/13/12 18:02

EdT
Website

Re: Need help with chr_lod

Striker: When you start up Oni, go to the Options menu and check your Graphics Quality setting.  It should be set all the way to the right.

#3 02/13/12 18:02

Valkyrur

EdT wrote:

Striker: When you start up Oni, go to the Options menu and check your Graphics Quality setting.  It should be set all the way to the right.

The bottom of his post says it is all the way to the right, soooo...

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#4 02/13/12 19:02

Knox

This happens to me occasionally ever since I switched to a new, more powerful computer about a month ago, except it goes to medium quality instead of low. Also Oni lags whenever I don't disable Aero glass. My new graphics card and CPU are both ATI, BTW. Oh, and are the character LODs separate models? If so, couldn't you copy all of the high detail models, rename them so the game thinks they're medium and low, and delete all the real medium and lows? Or am I wrong?

Last edited by Knox (02/13/12 19:02)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#5 02/14/12 05:02

paradox-01

@ it spits out an error when I try and type "chr_lod 4"
It should work with equality symbole. chr_lod = 4

#6 02/14/12 08:02

Iritscen

Paradox has the answer.  Before you accuse the AE of anything, you should learn the difference between variables and functions.  chr_lod is a variable, so you need to set it to something, not pass it a number.

Knox wrote:

Oh, and are the character LODs separate models? If so, couldn't you copy all of the high detail models, rename them so the game thinks they're medium and low, and delete all the real medium and lows? Or am I wrong?

I think this would work, although it would be a pain to do.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 02/14/12 16:02

Striker

paradox-01 wrote:

@ it spits out an error when I try and type "chr_lod 4"
It should work with equality symbole. chr_lod = 4

Thanks a lot!

Iritscen wrote:

Paradox has the answer.  Before you accuse the AE of anything, you should learn the difference between variables and functions.  chr_lod is a variable, so you need to set it to something, not pass it a number.

I feel like the biggest retard on the entire planet right now.

Last edited by Striker (02/14/12 16:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#8 02/15/12 08:02

Iritscen

'Sokay, it happens to everyone when they're learning BSL.  Just remember to check which table you found the command in, Variables or Functions, and you'll know the right syntax to use.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 02/23/12 08:02

Striker

What about permanently setting it to the value 4? It seems like when I restart the game it resets back into lower level of detail.

Board footer