Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 02/07/12 01:02

TheCreature

Re: Oni Roleplay: Roleplay

8:30 AM, R20, AP:5

Mal watches silently as Dr Tong cleans and bandages Jan's wound.  The doctor works swiftly with deft motions, and is soon done.  Jan, unconscious, groans slightly as the doctor ties a bandage over the gash, but remains mostly silent.  Soon the implantation machine finishes with the man there, and Mal gets up to extricate the new symbiote.  Then they work together to lift Jan to the machine and strap him down.  Mal switches the Daodan canisters, exchanging the old grey one for the new, brightly glowing one.  The colorless glow infuses the machine's tubes, and at some deft tapping of controls, it begins it's work on Jan.

Last edited by TheCreature (02/08/12 19:02)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#77 02/08/12 21:02

kyletm57

[7:18 AM; Cell M14]
*5AP*

After arriving at TCTF HQ, Jin was rushed to the medical bay as he had passed out multiple times on his trip back (a few times losing his pulse). As it turns out, the blow that the Syndicate officer struck caused more damage than he initially thought: He had a serious concussion and was bleeding internally. His view of the surrounding medical personnel and a few familiar faces began to blur out of vision, and he soon blacked out.   

\\\\The TCTF agent enters Jin's apartment, taking a seat at the end of the breakfast table. After closing the door, Jin sit's opposite of him.

"I'm sorry i have to break this to you kid, but.........Your father was attacked tonight by the rogue agent he'd been searching for. We tried to prevent the confrontation in every way we could think of, but she managed to break through our defenses." The agent paused for a moment and studied Jin's now very pale face and wide eyed face before continuing. "I don't know how to put this gently, so I'll just say it: She killed your father, Jin. We rushed him to the medic and tried everything we could to save him, but he didn't make it. Before he passed, he did tell us to make sure that you got this. It was in your father's desk." The officer hands Jin an old .38 revolver.

Griping the handgun tightly, Jin looks at the agent with a stern face. "Who is she?"

The officer bit his lip. "I'm sorry that's classified infor......" Jin's face was now furious "I SAID WHO THE HELL IS SHE!!!"

The agent sighed, thought for a moment, and then said "Well this whole rogue agent affair is highly confidential, and all of the information on her has been labeled as Top Secret. But i do know her codename, I used to work with her. It's Konoko."////

banner2440.jpg

#78 02/08/12 21:02

Valkyrur

8:45AM R20 -1AP

Jan began to think of memories of Yukie in his unconsciousness

Urban Projects (P15), 7:19PM, July 7th, 2033

Jan sat down on the couch next to Yukie whom was in a state of shock from the past few weeks, her paled skin seeming even more pale in shock

"Relax, Johnny doesn't know we are here, away from him. You are perfectly safe with me."

"I'm not worried about Dal-- Johnny... I'm not worried about any of those crazies who got drummed out of the TCTF along with you."

"Indeed, it's a good reason they got discharged, but, just relax for now. The adrenaline can screw with you at first, but you'll get used to it. Me and Johnny, along with the rest of the people I worked with got trained to cope with those rushes. You'll get over it, just give yourself time"

Jan takes some Sytropin from his pockets and offers it to Yukie

"I saved up some money for this, you'll thank me later once you start using it. It won't reverse what's already happened, but hopefully it will prevent it from reoccurring"

Yukie takes it from Jan and puts it in her pocket

"It just wasn't right... You don't just go from someone who's never been violent before to just seeing yourself quickly kill two unsuspecting thugs like that... It was horrifying hearing that first one's neck suddenly snap in an instant"

"I know... I know..."

Jan wrap his arm behind Yukie and tried to comfort her, her orange eyes looking down at the carpet of the run-down apartment

"...I wish I could just go back. Before my own family betrayed me like that because of their obsessions."

"Yukie, I know how you feel right now, but you have to try to forget... I regret not being there to protect you, completely, I do"

Yukie slightly smiled

"...Well, I doubt even you would be able to deal with six Strikers hired by your own family to drug you and take you to--"

"You've told me this before Yukie, you're never going to get over it by constantly looking at it. You know this"

"You're... Right..."

Yukie slightly laughs and starts talking again

"And, I still have you"

Yukie begins remembering the time they first met a year ago and smiles

"Of course Yukie, and that won't change. No matter what. Not in skin or eyes or anything else that changed"

Yukie begins to kiss Jan and they start firmly hugging onto eachother and fall over off the couch away from the view of the windows

Jan's mind suddenly goes black from what is going on outside the enclosed environment of his mind, and he begins thinking again to his unconscious self, trying to trace back that woman he saw earlier that morning, trying to remember the specifics of where he remembers that face.

4:00AM, Atmospheric Processors, November 24, 2032

Jan fired off the last shot at the last standing Striker in the room and began to look around, only seven other people left with him

"This is it? Only eight of us left?"

Sergeant Perez walked to the wall of the room, looking back at the now electrified cable that they had barely crossed a minute before, and then to the extra-large fan at the end of the cable

"Alright... Everyone prepare for a fallback. Not enough of us left. We knew this wasn't going to be easy, and now we're going to have to call in the big guns"

Suddenly Corporal Malikov burst into action and began talking to everyone in the room

"No! No, that's bullshit! After all those Strikers prepared for us, and that, that monster of a leader with them, you want us to fall back? After all of this, none of us should still be alive! And that, means something!"

"Hell yeah!"

"Noone's stopping us now!"

"And that, is why you don't fuck with the TCTF!"

The men stopped short of shooting their guns into the ceiling of the room when Captain Nagawa began speaking

"Ahem, Sergeant, need I remind you that our orders are to retrieve a tier one asset AND take down a rogue agent? Backup won't be coming I assure you, I had requested it from Griffen half an hour ago. He simply does not have the resources to replace fifty-six casualties on a dime like that. Your orders are clear. We are going in. Me and Namiyoke will go on ahead. See if things are clear. Sergeant, keep your squad here until I give the clear, keep your eye out for any Strikers flanking us"

Nagawa and Namiyoke go on ahead down the elevator, a few shots are heard, along with a few punches.

"What the hell?"

Suddenly an armor clad female suddenly rushes past them, strangely glowing purple. All six men begin firing off their weapons until they begin clicking from no ammunition. To the squad's relief Captain Nagawa and Namiyoke come up the elevator but a few seconds later, Namiyoke immediately running on the electrical cable after the rogue, followed by another soldier just before the door closes. Perez immediately begins swearing.

"Fuck! If she gets past this point, she will escape! Shit! Fucking idiots ran into the killzone for that fan right behind her! God fucking damnit!"

Nagawa begins to sit down by the wall opposite the windows with a defeated look on his face as Perez smashes his head into the almost impenetrable glass

"Sergeant... Any ideas?"

Nagawa turns on his radio and begins talking to Griffen, suddenly a shocked expression comes to his face from what he has just been told

"Sergeant! Turn on the fan, NOW! Griffen's direct orders!"

Nagawa closes his eyes tightly and Jan begins to talk

"I can't look..."

Johnny looks across, going limp on the glass and trying to ignore the two men get cut up by the fan as the rogue grabs onto the railing and escapes. Jan's body continues to face the glass in front of him, and he turns his head around at Nagawa, a lack of morale evident on everyone's face around them. Johnny suddenly begins to speak angrily and throws punches at Perez

"Goddamnit! You killed them! They were like brothers to us!"

Jan promptly pushes Johnny enough to stop him

"What now..."

Nagawa gets up and talks, masking his shock with his professional attitude

"Plan B. Griffen's improv plan out of nowhere... Gentlemen, we redeploy to the Regional State building immediately. That means your squad too Perez."

"Syndicate country, yippity-fucking-do-da."

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/09/12 16:02)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#79 02/09/12 01:02

TheCreature

9:04 AM R20 AP:5

With a soft *bing*, the machine retracts away from Jan's body.  Tong steps forward, helping Jan up, and rests the newly-implanted symbiote on the desk.  Turning away, he rummages through a bag and pulls out a sensor, which he sweeps over Jan's body, watching the screen carefully.

"The implantation was successful.  He's already starting to heal that wound, and the infection is receding.  He'll be weak for a little while, but other than that, he should be fine."

Tong moves away, and switches the Daodan canister out of the machine, setting it on the suitcase Jan had come with.  A sharp knock comes at the door, and Mal grumbles, stomping over with his gun drawn.  He throws the door open, cracking the man outside in the nose with it.  He then grabs the man and drags him inside, cursing and demanding to see the man's money.  The client, who nearly wets himself, produces the payment, and Mal lets him sit under the machine while Dr. Tong bustles about getting the Daodan ready.

AP:4  (helped operate on Jan)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#80 02/09/12 23:02

Valkyrur

9:09AM, R20, 0AP

Jan awakes on the desk and looks around, slightly drowsy from the surgery

"So, I'm good to go?.. And thanks, doc."

Tong nods, Mal looks at the money again.

9:15AM, Just down the street

Jan walks in through the front door of the motel's office, thinking to himself

Should be a good spot to rest for awhile. Away from Johnny, who probably suspects something by now, and certainly better than my apartment down in the projects, where he probably would suspect me to be staying

Jan talks to the desk clerk for a few moments and produces payment for a week's stay, at 70 credits, immediately taking the key and his duffel bag up to room 49

"...It's been too long since I've seen her..."

Jan takes his phone out and looks through his pictures and finds one from five years ago, just after his dishonorable discharge from the TCTF. Jan sits on the left, his arm jutting out of the camera's field of vision. He is completely shaven and his hair is cut short to TCTF uniform size. Yukie sits on the right, her blue eyes, black hair, and somewhat tanned skin standing out as a contrast of when Jan had last seen her. Jan thought to himself of how so much had changed since then, Yukie looking radically different since then, and how well he used to look. Now, Jan had hair that could be compared to the stereotypical Sytropin and Hypo addict, and a beard to match. Not that Jan could deny that he had addictions to either of them. Yukie's orange colored, almost glowing eyes and her nearly snow-white skin (Although nowhere nearly as pale as the "Lucifer" he had encountered earlier) seeming so far off from when they had first met.

"Damn..."

Jan shrugged and looked through his luggage for any drugs he still had around looking for something to relieve him of the past day's stress. No marijuana, for he had not had the time to walk near the abandoned atmospheric processors where dealers, hookers, and other shady entrepreneurs stayed hidden away from the law. No hypos either, Jan remembering how many he had consumed in the past few hours. A few Sytropin pills were left, ironically there for completely unrelated reasons, being that Jan had been previously using them to keep down adrenaline whenever he planned on getting into a fight with someone, be it from a kilometer away or up close and personal. Now, it occurred to him that he would be needing these daily to prevent any side effects from happening. Jan immediately took one of the pills and swallowed it down.

"Feels even better now than they used to feel..."

Jan for a moment considered taking another pill for the high it generated, but decided not to after he remembered the last time he OD'ed on them.

"Figure I might as well look through what I found earlier in that factory..."

Jan took his laptop and began searching for interesting finds in the Syndicate's records, and remember the 'Science Prison' that sparked his curiosity earlier, he decided to search it in the database, and found it in the Syndicate's scout logs, last updated three days ago.

"Christ, if I knew that this was going on... Ah, forget it. Lets see what people were unlucky souls to get snatched off the street and taken in to be used as medical experiments."

Jan opened up a folder labeled "Patients (Copied directly off of TCTF's servers, should be accurate for another week or so boss)" and began looking through the documents...

And then he found her.

Jan was immediately gripped with terror as he read the file labeled "Kojira, Yukie"

"'Natural killer', eh?.. I disagree. 'Daodan mutations similar to that of subject Barabas may prove useful for an enhanced military'... Disgusting. What the hell do these people think they are doing? You don't go around messing with people like that, something is bound to go wrong. What if we had someone like Johnny go rogue like he did and have those kind of enhancements? You have yourself a massacre... I can't read this anymore..."

Jan immediately protected all the "Science Prison Recon" files and backed them up on several storage devices, and tried to fall asleep on the bed

Unknown amount of time later, Motel (Within R20's area), Room 49

Jan was fast asleep and fell into a nightmare

Jan wakes up at 6:00PM and looks in the mirror to see his eye color changed to yellow, with every blink it slowly progresses towards orange. Jan tries to dose more Sytropin but finds it all gone, and he immediately--

Jan wakes up, his clock saying '10:15AM', and looks in the mirror to see his eyes are still blue. Jan gives a sigh of relief and falls asleep again almost immediately

November 26th, 2032, 7:58PM, Regional State Building

Jan came down the from the rooftop down to the ground floor, letting Malikov take his position on the roof for the time being. Bored from spending two days guarding a government records building for two days with no action, he immediately talks to the woman at the desk in the middle of the room who looks barely to be 18 years old, her blue eyes staring boringly ahead from how dull her job has been.

"Been a hell of a crappy week hasn't it been, Mrs.---"

Jan looks at the nametag on her left

"Mrs... Kojira, am I right?"

The woman gives an almost flatted expression toward Jan, having finally been able to talk to someone after the past week of dryness, compounded by the suddenly increased and tight mouthed guard of Beachhead Inc. mercenaries and TCTF troops

"Heh, yeah it has... I really shouldn't have listened to my family, like always, they suggested that I get work in the public sector, being a civil servant like everyone else in my family has. This job has turned out to be more like civil servant to the bureaucrats looking for some slight reason to get rid of someone in power above them they don't off some bullshit...  "

They both laugh and suddenly Kojira gets up, looking at her watch as another woman comes by through one of the side doors

"Well, looks like my shift is over for today... Maybe we can talk again some time later? Haven't seen anyone good lately ever since I took this job."

Kojira slips a recently and hastily written on piece of paper with a phone number on it as she walks past

"Oh and by the way, name's Yukie..."

"Oh of course, anyway, I need to do some stuff too before Cap'n Nagawa sees me away from my post..."

Jan begins to walk back to the stairwell and sees Perez

'Or him...'

"Corporal, I need you to go back up to the rooftop again. We're getting interference on our rear security perimeter, and I'm sending Malikov to find out what the hell is going on."

"Yes sir"

Jan immediately went up to the rooftop and heard yelling and gunshots coming from the lobby

"Put the gun down, NOW!"

"I said drop it!"

Jan immediately heard two gunshots ring out and the sound of two bodies hitting the floor down below him

"...Shit, what now?!?!"

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/20/12 02:02)

#81 02/10/12 22:02

kyletm57

[10:30 AM; Cell M14]
*5AP*

Jin awakens from the painful memories that haunted his sleep, almost falling out of the bed doing so. Butler rises out of a chair directly across the room.

"Hey, hey, take it easy kid. Don't push yourself, your got pretty banged up. How are you feeling?"

Jin grips his head from the sudden headache that came over him. "Like crap. More importantly, was the retrieval of Jan successful?"

"Unfortunately no, we sent three units to the location his cell provided, but whatever was there is gone now, along with Jan."

Nagawa rubbed his neck, obviously frustrated. "This is not good, we need to locate him immediately."

Chuckling, butler responded "What, you worried about him? I knew him from back in his TCTF days, he can hold his own."

"I'm not concerned about him in the slightest, in fact i would be surprised if he was killed or captured by the Syndicate. The problem is he possesses extremely sensitive documents that are essential to the elimination of the Syndicate, as well as for the safety of the TCTF. Considering his history with our organization, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd use it against us, though i would still consider that possibility highly unlikely. As of now, he is to be considered a class-A threat to the TCTF, we need to have him located and detained immediately."

Butler had a worried look on his face. "Aren't you being a little cold? If it wasn't for his help on the mission you could very well be dead right now."

"What he's done for us in the past is irrelevant now, what does matter is the retrieval of the documents, and we can't be too careful. Sir, do i have permission to issue the wanted notice?"

After a few seconds of thought, Butler nodded his head. "Alright, if you think it's necessary then do what you must."

With that, Jin stood up from the bed and grabbed his clothes that were neatly folded on the nearby table. "I'm going to get a shower, tell Vince to meet me at the parking garage. We are going to take a closer look at the location Jan sent us."

banner2440.jpg

#82 02/10/12 23:02

Valkyrur

12:00PM, R20, 1AP

Jan sat down by the desk with the printout of a map of the TCTF Science Prison as Perez walked in through the door

"Johnny didn't follow you? Right? You had balls coming here, especially because of my cell phone transmitting."

"What are you so worried about?"

"My backdoor into the TCTF's radios suggests that they have a warrant for my arrest now. For all intents and purposes they could be coming right now because of that cell phone call. A few looselipped and unencrypted Syndicate radio messages got picked up too, by some stroke of luck some jackass was able to compare my face on one of their security camera recordings to their database of 'Known TCTF Officers, Current and Ex'. They'll be coming as soon as they find out where I am. And I doubt they want to sit down with me for coffee."

"So? They're a bunch of gasmask mooks who's only real combat experience is probably robbing a gas station"

"You're right, but-- Ah hell, while we still have moments of peace around here, this is what I brought you here for"

Jan pushed all his random crap off the table and put all his gathered intel--Borrowed from the Syndicate--in good view

"Alright, normally I'd suggest going in this way, but a break-in five years ago made them conscious about that security loophole. So instead, we'll go in the way that they'll never expect anyone to go"

Jan points to one of the rooms labelled 'Biomatter Disposal' and slides his finger along a series of pipes conveniently heading into a sewer system to the south

"Whoa-Whoa, whoa, your crazy man! Biomatter acid is a wall of death! We'll never make it through!"

"Most of the time you are right, but every so often they need to flush the whole damn thing out due to the acid weakening and then replace it. Midnight today is that time. It's simple, we camp out in the sewers an hour before, and after they get flushed we walk in casually through the now-open backdoor and climb our way up to the normal catwalks. From there we either gun down security or sneak our way in. I prefer the latter."

"...Right..."

"Anyway, there are four main pipes, and four main disposal vats. A, B, C, and D, conveniently labeled after the sector they are in. We will be going into sector C."

"...But why? Why did you call me up to help you on this safari? What is it with this secret facility?"

"Fine, I'll be blunt. The TCTF have a subject that could be used to seriously weaponize chrysalis beyond what it already is. Remember what happened last time we had one of those things that was super powerful and a 'natural killer'? Our entire fucking unit got massacred. According to the Syndicate's files, they'll want her too as soon as they have the first opportunity. In fact, they tried three times to capture her before the TCTF did. And importance to me?... Lets just say I don't leave old 'friends' behind.

Jan kept his poker face, trying to hide any emotional values to him that might make Perez think that Jan would compromise them over it

"...Alright... I'm in."

"Alright then, go back and get yourself prepared. I'll fill you in on what is important when we are there. For now, I need some rest"

Perez promptly left and Jan quickly closed and locked the door, mentally noting his somewhat more swift movements.

"...As long as... Ah fuck it."

Jan began to lay down on the bed, everything important memorized, and promptly fell asleep almost instinctively, letting the Chrysalis begin to take a stronger hold on him.

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/11/12 16:02)

#83 02/11/12 14:02

Mukade

(11:20 AM; Cell H11)
*5AP*

Micah woke with a start, and groaned, wishing he hadn't. His back and neck ached from sleeping with his back propped against a crate. He stood up, and suppressed another groan as he stretched his stiff arm and leg muscles, and hearing some of the joints pop. After a minute of stretching, he turned around to look for what had awoken him. The only thing that he saw were a few scattered crates, and signs of life from the handful of street urchins that had made the warehouse he had chosen for his temporary hideout, their home. To their credit, they were all keeping out of sight.

Good, Micah thought, looks like they've learned who's boss around here.

Upon his arrival at the abandonned warehouse, he had been accosted by several of the "residents". But an intimidating display of his knife collection sent them scattering away. Occasionally some of the braver ones would come near, but scurry away as soon as he laid eyes on them. Later on, while he was drifting off to sleep, one of them had tried to steal from him. Micah had awoken to the man reaching into his jacket pocket, the one that contained his datapad. Before the man even knew Micah had awoken, he found a knife embedded deep in his stomach. He had scurried off, clutching the wound, as Micah disengaged his hidden blade. He knew that even if it hadn't been a mortal blow, the infection would have killed him anyways. After that incident, he was never bothered again, and in fact, hadn't seen one since then, although his ears told him they were still about.

A soft beep eminated from his jacket; his datapad was telling him he had an incoming message. He pulled it out, and check the timestamp on the message. It was sent a minute ago, and he knew that the sound of his datapad receiving the message must have been what had awoken him. He almost didn't look at the sender, he expected it to be from one of his usual underground contacts, informing him, and every other bounty hunter, of a new contract. But this time, it wasn't the case. The sender was anonymous, and the message appeared to be sent to him personally. He opened it. It read:

We have a job for you. We need something retreived, some sensative intel that was stolen from us. We want it back, and we want you to do it for us. You will of course, but compensated upon completion of your mission.

He stared at the amount of money they were offering for a long time, thinking that they had surely added a at least one zero too many. Whoever wanted this intel, they wanted it bad.

Attatched were three files. The first two were two pictures of the same man, one was dated several years ago, and the other was quite recent photo, taken from a security camera. From the look of the first photo, Micah figured he was probably military, or law enforcement. He knew the look, and the neat, regulation length haircut was a dead giveaway. But judging from the second photo, which showed the same man, with an unruly beard and haircut, that this was no longer the case. The file was an intelligence file, which confirmed his suspisions. "Jan Walker, Ex-TCTF Agent, Dishonorablly Discharged." The rest of the file contained a general description including physical traits, and skills. At the end of the file was his current location, which had been updated less than an hour ago. Well, at least I know where to start looking.

Suddenly, a thought occured to him. Why me? There were plenty of other, much more capable men and women who could carry the job out much quicker, and more efficiently than him. Why had they picked him? He quickly sent a message in reply, asking why theu picked him. A few seconds after he sent the message, he received a reply. To his disappointment, it was an automated message saying that there had been some error in the transmitting process, and the message had not been received. Whoever they are, they aren't messing around.

He briefly considered turning down the job. He knew nothing of his new employers, for all he knew, it was all a setup. His stomach growled just then. At that moment he knew he had no other choice. The money he had left would barely feed him for the rest of the week, and he didn't relish the idea of petty thieving. He may be a bounty hunter, but he did have standards. He made up his mind then. He couldn't turn down the chance at that much money. It wasn't enough to retire off of, not at his age, but it would be enough to buy a suitable place to live, some new top-of-the line gear, and as much food as he could eat for years to come.  With a purposeful stride, he exited the warehouse, and in the direction of Jan's last known position. (R20)

(-1 AP (Travelling), 4 AP left)

Last edited by Mukade (02/11/12 14:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#84 02/11/12 18:02

kyletm57

[11:48 AM; Cell M14]

As Vince enters the parking garage, Jin can be seen leaning against a squad car.

"What took you so long, Vince? I've been waiting for almost half an hour."

"We picked up a phone call, it's Jan. He requested for someone named "Perez" to meet him at one 'Karachi Motel and Breakfast'. I helped put a unit together for retrieval, their ETA is 20 to 30 minutes from now. And don't worry, they have been instructed that he is to be brought in alive."

Jin nodded. "If we get lucky they'll be able to capture him, but i doubt he'll give up without a fight. In any case, we aren't headed there, the retrieval team can take care of him. We are going to the location where he called for backup earlier. There's already a team guarding that area, but we need see if we can dig up any clues as to where the Syndicate was headed from there. Here, you drive.

Jin tossed him the keys, already moving toward the passenger side door. Vince seemed unsure. "I don't think they would leave any evidence behind, you sure it's worth investigating?"

Jin chuckled. "The Syndicate is powerful, not smart. I doubt they would execute a proper clean up. I'm positive we'll find something of value."

[-1AP (travel), 4AP]

Last edited by kyletm57 (02/11/12 22:02)

banner2440.jpg

#85 02/12/12 15:02

TheCreature

12:00 PM; J30  *GM*

As Jin and Vince drive towards the location Jan had marked, Vince starts to get an uneasy feeling in his gut, but he can't place it.  He looks out the window, apprehensive.  Then it hits him.

"Jin.  There aren't any roadblocks or detour signs set up.  The team should have set up checkpoints to catch anyone trying to get out."

Jin frowns, but keeps driving, and soon they arrive at the fence surrounding the warehouse.  There are no guards.  Jin drives onward through the gate.  Vince checks his weapon, and then reaches for the radio.  Tuning it to the TCTF general frequency, he speaks into it.

"This is agent Black to the perimeter team.  Report."  He listens for a minute, but there is only static.  Then the humvee screeches to a stop, and Vince looks around to see why Jin had halted.  Off to the side of the road lay a pile of dead TCTF troops, stripped of their armor and weapons.  Behind the gruesome image, the warehouse rose, it's windows glowing orange from within.  A tendril of smoke curls from the roof vents, and somewhere behind the building a helicopter can be heard starting it's engine.

(Jin and Vince must choose to either catch the helicopter, or salvage evidence from the burning warehouse.  Roll like combat to reach your destination in time.)

1 - 16 - 1 (Avg: 6.0)
18 - 14 - 7 (Avg: 13.0)
4 - 8 - 18 (Avg: 10.0)
(Total avg: 9.6666666667)

Last edited by TheCreature (02/12/12 17:02)

#86 02/12/12 17:02

Valkyrur

12:45PM, R20, 4AP left

Team Echo... Team Echo to debriefing room four imme--

Jan yawned and got out of the bed from his nap, immediately looking over his things and putting them in his bag

"With a little bit of luck I'l kick a bit of ass and escort Yukie to somewhere safe away from--"

Jan turned around and saw ten TCTF officers standing around the office structure of the motel

"--Oh shit they're looking for me!"

Jan quickly called Perez and frantically talked as he got everything with him ready to go

"--Change of plans, we may have to deviate! Meet me at the designated position as soon as you can! It's gone to shit here!"

Jan opened the back window and quickly slipped out with his belongings except for a few small and loose ones. Completely rushing and forgetting to bring his bottle with his remaining Sytropin pills and the print out of the dossier full of intel on TCTF's science prison and Yukie (Thankfully with a digital copy on his laptop and PDA) Jan got to the parking lot he was at earlier and started the car stolen from the Syndicate

"Now to hope the rest of this doesn't go to shit..."

Jan immediately cocked the Mk6 Equalizer PDW in his hand, putting it down in the cup holder and began driving towards (B31) trying to avoid any suspicion

3AP left

#87 02/12/12 17:02

TheCreature

12:45 PM; R20; AP:5

Mal hurriedly packs up his Chrysalis equipment and loads it in to the truck, glancing out the windows at the TCTF officers swarming through the area.  He rushes through the now empty hallway, having scattered the line of customers moments earlier with shouts that the TCTF was here, and some waving of his pistols.  Dr. Tong had already left, taking his personal effects with him.  Mal looks around one last time to make sure there is nothing left behind, and leaves the room.  Hurrying down the hallway, he skids around a few corners and is soon in the parking garage.  He throws the last of the equipment into the back of the truck, and hops in, starting the old pickup.

Pulling out of the garage, he speeds away, turning corners recklessly in his haste.  Have to get out of here before they set up the roadblocks.  he thinks, skidding around another corner.  Not looking, he unwittingly slams into Jan's car, sending them both spinning to a stop.  Enraged, Mal climbs out and looks over his truck briefly.  Fortunately, the crash hadn't done too much damage to the vehicle aside from some dings and scrapes.  He is about to climb back in when he recognizes Jan from earlier.  Quickly, he connects the dots in his mind.  Little rat sold me out.  No wonder he had that shiny canister of Daodan.  Only the TCTF would have access to stuff like that.  He stomps over to Jan's car, and throws the door open, grabbing the man's collar with one hand and pointing his pistol at Jan's head with the other.

"You ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng!!  You brought the feds down on us!  I'm gonna give you till the count of ten to give me one good reason not to kill you now!"

#88 02/12/12 19:02

Valkyrur

12:46PM, R20, 3AP

"You want reasons?.."

Jan quickly thinks of some things, and for a moment considers taking his Mk6 or Mk4 out of one of his holsters he had just put them in and simply gunning Malcolm down before he can realize it

"Number one... 'The feds' have their hands on a living blueprint for their next generation of soldiers, which would have fucked us all over eventually even if this wasn't happening!"

"Number two... The Syndicate wants that 'blueprint', and they want it baaaad."

"Number three... I heard them talking, they're looking for some defector from them named 'Perez' who went AWOL with a bunch of intel to give to the Syndicate... They'd be here even if I never showed up"

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/12/12 19:02)

#89 02/12/12 22:02

TheCreature

12:47 PM, R20, AP:4

"Okay, you've got me interested.  Get your stuff and throw it in my truck.  You can explain when we get to my hideout."  Mal thinks for a moment, and continues.  "And I want those guns in plain sight.  I'm not against a man being armed, but I don't want to get shot in the back."

Mal looks back the way he'd come, watching for TCTF, but keeping his gun trained in Jan's general direction.

#90 02/12/12 23:02

Valkyrur

12:48PM, R20, AP3

Jan quickly gets his things loaded in the truck and gets in, and puts his Mk6 on the dashboard, leaving the Mk4 with his other things

"Everything important I have is on this laptop here, I'll fill you in when we get to where you plan on going"

Jan looks at his phone and quickly removes the batteries from it

"...For good measure."

#91 02/13/12 00:02

Mukade

(1:02 PM - Cell R20)
*5 AP*

Afternoon was just getting into full swing when Micah finally came into view of Jan’s last known position. Unfortunately, parked in front of the motel were several TCTF squad cars. Blast it, I must not be the only one looking for this intel. A pair of Troopers were hanging around the squad cars, the rest, Micah figured, were searching through the rooms. His suspicions were confirmed as two more officers emerged from a room, and went into the next one. He heard a few shouted protests, but they died down after the officers threatened to arrest for obstruction of an officer of the law.Typical law enforcement.

Micah knew it was only a matter of time before they found what they were looking for. If they did, he knew he would never get his job done. Since his face wasn’t plastered on any wanted posters anywhere that he knew of, he figured he wouldn’t have any trouble getting past the guards and to the front desk of the motel.

Once inside, he saw an older woman behind the desk, with a TCTF officer sitting in one of the chairs, looking rather bored, probably making sure the women didn’t interfere with their search in any way. He spared Micah a glance as he walked in, but otherwise didn’t seem to care. Micah walked up to the counter and put on his friendliest smile.

“These men giving you trouble ma’am?”

The officer in the chair gave him a poorly concealed sneer, but otherwise kept his mouth shut.

“These.... animals.... are tearing my rooms to shreds looking for something. I got paying customers you know! They won’t even tell me what they’re looking for! They say it’s “Classified”.”

“I’m sorry if this is a bad time, but could you please tell me if you’ve seen this man before?”

Micah pulled up the recent photo of Jan on his datapad, and slid it over to the women.

“Well, at least you have the decency to ask politely!” She said, giving a sidelong glare at the officer, who rolled his eyes and continued looking bored, clearly wishing he was out with his buddies ransacking rooms.
    “He’s in room 49. ”

“Thanks.” He replied, taking back his datapad, and flashing her another smile.

Inwardly, he breathed a sigh of relief. Room 49 was one of the farthest rooms from the motel office, the TCTF had probably not reached there yet. He made it to the room without encountering any officers on the way. Peering through the window by the door, he could see that the back window was open. Damn, looks like he got away. Still, can’t hurt to look. He circled around back and climbed into the open window. After a quick look around , 2 things caught his eye. A pill bottle containing Sytropin, and a document print-out. He pocketed the Sytropin. The medicine rang a bell, but he could worry about that later. What really drew his attention was a document printout lying under a table. He picked it up, and examined it. Upon scanning it, some of the puzzle pieces fell into place. He knew he had found what he had been looking for, or at least a hard copy of it, it couldn’t be anything else. At least I know what I’m looking for now, but I still need to get the digital copy back. Looking at the list, Micah couldn’t help but feel he was about to go in way over his head.

He was just about to put the paper in his pocket when the front door burst in and a TCTF officer strode through, weapon out.

“Drop what you’re holding and keep your hands where I can see them!” 

Micah followed the officer’s instructions, knowing he had no chance of winning a fight when the officer had his weapon trained. The officer, moved forward and picked up the page.

“What the... Hey how did you get your hands on...?”

Micah didn’t let him finish his sentence. He attacked.

18 - 3 - 6 (Avg: 9.0)
5 - 11 - 20 (Avg: 12.0)
17 - 17 - 7 (Avg: 13.66666666667)

(Total avg: 11.5555555556)

(-1 AP ,  4 AP)

Last edited by Mukade (02/13/12 00:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#92 02/13/12 15:02

kyletm57

[12:00 PM; Cell J30]
*5AP*

Jin glanced hurriedly between the now burning warehouse and the fleeing helicopter, and quickly came to a decision.

"Gun it Vince, the helicopter is our best chance! I doubt any evidence will survive the fire, and I'd rather not burn to death today."

Vince slammed on the gas, and the vehicle sped toward the sound of the departing chopper.

17 - 17 - 14 (Avg: 16.0)

7 - 8 - 16 (Avg: 10.33333333333)

2 - 19 - 10 (Avg: 10.33333333333)

(Total avg: 12.2222222222)

As the helicopter came into view (only a few feet off the ground), Jin opened the window of the car and took aim at the cockpit. He fired three shots: two of them got lodged in the windshield, the third passed through the pilot's eye, killing him instantly. The helicopter then halted it's ascent and slammed to the ground. Vince pulled over, and they both exited the vehicle and readied their weapons.

"THIS IS THE TCTF, PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN AND YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!!" Vince screamed. The three remaining Syndicate grunts complied, tossing their guns aside as the exited the vehicle.

Jin breathed a sigh of relief. "For a moment there I thought we were going to have a firefight on our hands. While I'm cuffing them, you call in a squad for retrieval. After we get back i want to have a few words with these punks."

[*-2AP (combat and arrest); 3AP remain*]

Last edited by kyletm57 (02/13/12 22:02)

banner2440.jpg

#93 02/13/12 22:02

Valkyrur

1:03PM, On-Route, 4AP left

"So, how much longer until we are off the street?"

Jan took out his PDA and looked through the files

"...Kojira, Yukie... 'To be held indefinitely until correct genetic sequences are found for WCG use'... Christ... This shit isn't right. The WCG tampering with genetics so they can have an edge over the Syndicate"

Jan took an image of Barabas and placed it to the left of Yukie's image

"You see, here is the Syndicate's equivalent to what the WCG wants right now. Powerful, but extremely ugly. Sure, but the WCG has their hands on a person that could revolutionize the WCG's counter to that. Not as powerful as the brutes, but they'll be able to get something comparable, but much more economic. The results are two fold. They can have soldiers that are much more combat capable, whilst still having sheer numbers. Those brutes only come along once in a blue moon. If they find what they are looking for they'll be able to create soldiers like that for a fraction of the resources. Not as powerful as the brutes and their mutations, but I could see five, maybe 3 people with these kind of genetic modifications seen in the person on the right tearing a Syndicate Brute to shreds completely unscathed. I mean, it is visible that the person isn't completely normal, but they'll blend into normal society a hell of a lot better than someone like Barabas or Lucifer. And that's why we need to stop the WCG from getting what they want. And then, even after that, we still have to keep the Syndicate away..."

Jan put the PDA down and looked out the window

#94 02/14/12 00:02

TheCreature

1:04 PM, On-Route, 4AP

Mal shakes his head, not comprehending.  He chuckles briefly.

"Okay, um... I'm lost. Uh... I'm angry. And, I'm armed. So, if you wouldn't mind putting that in simpler terms for me..."

He cuts himself off, and takes a sharp turn, skidding around a corner onto a new street.  The truck responds perfectly, barely losing speed as it takes it's new direction.

"Sorry about that.  Have to make sure we're not being followed to the hideout.  Where were we?"

#95 02/14/12 01:02

TheCreature

1:03 PM, R20, GM

19 - 15 - 10 (Avg: 14.66666666667)
17 - 12 - 7 (Avg: 12.0)
6 - 8 - 7 (Avg: 7.0)
(Total avg: 11.2222222222)
(close one, Mukade.  Write it out accordingly)

The officer barely manages to catch Micah's punch in his hand, but loses his grip on his weapon as they stumble backwards.

#96 02/14/12 15:02

Mukade

1:03 PM, R20
*5 AP*

Micah the the Officer grappeled, each trying to get the upper hand. After a minute of staggering back and forth in each other's grasp, Micah realized that the officer had superior training, and was bigger, and stronger than him. He couldn't keep it up forever, his opponent would overpower him eventually. Micah gave a shove, which only staggered the officer, being of larger bulk than himself, but that was all he needed. With the extra space between them, Micah brought up his leg, and kicked the officer in the ribs with the bottom of his foot. That sent his opponent halfway across the room, where he toppled over backward. Seeing his opportunity, Micah activated his hidden blade, and dove at the downed officer. But the man was fast, he caught Micah's arm with the blade an inch from his throat. They froze like that for a second, gravity compensating for Micah's lack of upper body stregth, but not enough to overpower the other man. Micah put all his weight onto his downward push. Slowly, the blade descended the rest of the way to the officer's exposed throat, and sank in. He tried to call for help, but all that came out was a choking cough.  Knowing he did not have much time left, Micah tucked the file, which the officer had dropped in their combat, under his arm, and escaped through the open window.

(5 AP Left - Already subtracted for the combat in previous post)

Last edited by Mukade (02/14/12 15:02)

#97 02/14/12 16:02

Valkyrur

1:04PM, on route, 5AP

"Alright then. This person seems to have developed certain favorable combat traits. The WCG is trying to figure out what specifically they are so they can use them themselves. The Syndicate also wants these too. That sum it up?"

Jan continues to keep lookout for anyone possibly following them

#98 02/14/12 19:02

TheCreature

1:05 PM, P13, 5AP

"Yes, thank you.  And you say they're both trying to engineer more of them cheaper and  faster, right?"

Mal turns the truck one last time, and they pull into an underground parking garage.  Descending a few levels, Mal parks, and turns off the vehicle.

"Well, so long as they don't run me out of business, I don't really care what they do.  I suppose you're going to be going after this person they're experimenting on?  I might come with you, just to get my hands on some more of that high-quality Daodan."

#99 02/14/12 23:02

Valkyrur

1:06PM, P13, 5AP

"Alright then, if you help me pull this off I'll make sure you get samples for improving your business. According to the info I found they should have Chrysalis and even DNA samples of their 'patients' in a freezer just off of the cryobay, near the Doctors' personal offices in sector C."

Jan took his CTE6 PDW and walked with Malcolm

"I'm not going to bother going into specifics for how they would be able to use those traits for Chrysalis implants for their soldiers, be it TCTF or WCG, because Tong already knows these things from his old line of work."

Jan looked around making sure that noone came down suspiciously

"The important thing I need to tell you is how the hell I plan to get in to a facility with damn-near infallible security and get out of there in one piece"

Jan laughs a bit

"You can thank the Syndicate for 'lending' me their plans... Which brings me to my next point..."

Jan slightly frowns to himself about failing to account it in to his earlier planning that day

"Syndicate is planning to strike at the same time as I am. We are going to either have to be faster than the Syndicate and get everything and hightail it out forwards out of there rather than backwards the way we came, or piggyback them and then gun them all down once we are inside before they can retrieve what we are looking for."

Jan begins to get out of his frown as he remembers some things from the Syndicate's plans

"Fortunately for me, I have the resources for both plans of action. If we plan on piggybacking the Syndicate, then we can take out their recon squad of three men and steal their uniforms. Three of them, and there is three of us to take the uniforms. We pretend to be the recon unit and wait the rest of the Syndicate to come, and go with as they go into the facility, benefit being we have unwitting backup. Once the situation is cool and they are about to take the package, we kill the rest of the unit, which should be five guys and take the package ourselves out the back the way we came. Otherwise, if you want to go in before the Syndicate does, I could override security with this week's codes and bust us out the front by hijacking a TCTF Humvee as soon as we have the package, rather than going backwards into the incoming Strikers that would be coming in as we leave. I'll figure out which idea is best once we get there."

Jan walked in the door to the stairwell with Malcolm

"Alright then, I'll get my hardware set up once we are in your room where we can talk openly and I'll be able to look at my files in more depth."

#100 02/16/12 17:02

kyletm57

[1:08 PM; En-route to Cell M14]
*5AP*

Tasked with escorting the prisoner transport vehicle (holding the Syndicate thugs arrested earlier) back to HQ, Jin and Vince were following close behind when they received a call over the radio. Vince (who was driving) answered. "This is squad car 2-NB, go ahead."

The voice over the transmission sounded grave. "It's Butler, I have an update on the retrieval of Jan."

Jin was suddenly very attentive. "Did we successfully retrieve him and the data?"

"No, the bastard got away, and he didn't leave anything behind either. Except one of our agents. One of the officers investigating the Motel was killed, stabbed through the neck. The man had a family, Jin. We found him in the room Jan was staying in."

With a wide eyes, Jin responded with a trembling voice. "He.....he killed an officer? Christ, I knew he would resist arrest, but this?"

His expression quickly became stern. "I wanted him to be taken in alive, but he's left us with no choice, the safety of our own comes first. Change his target status from 'priority retrieval' to 'priority shoot on sight'. We're done taking chances."

"Got it," Butler responded. "In any case, what's your current location? I've already got the interrogation rooms prepared."

"As of now we are on a large overpass, give me a second to get you the exact lo...." before he could finish, he noticed a helicopter hovering over the side of the road. Almost instantly after, a bright light followed by a smoke trail jettisoned from the side, impacting directly with the prisoner vehicle. *BOOOM*

"FUCKING HELL," Vince screamed as he swerved to avoid the now flame engulfed car.

"VINCE THE ROAD!!!" but it was to late, as the car was already barreling over the side of the overpass, descending toward the river below.

banner2440.jpg

Board footer