Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/11 03:07

Samer
Website

Latest OniSplit Annoyances

I don't know where else to report this :\
but I've found working with the latest OniSplit 0.9.52 very annoying at times... example I want to convert an ONCC to xml so i see a detail about sounds let's say, after selecting the ONCC it not only converts the ONCC but everything in it, the textures, the trac and al the moves in it :\ all the particles .. consuming more time and giving so many files that i didn't need. at 1 time i was modifying the textures and converted the oncc to the same folder containing the new textures .. it also converted all the old textures overwriting the new ones.
converting the trac gets me all the trams too, converting the trma gets me all the txmps as well, which i didn't need.

this "feature" was missing in previous versions of OniSplit, if the developer of OniSplit reads this or if someone can contact him, I really hope that "feature" goes missing again tongue or at least made optional.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/06/11 06:07

Iritscen

Re: Latest OniSplit Annoyances

Sounds like we need an option for including or skipping dependencies.  I'll ask Neo about that.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 07/06/11 08:07

EdT
Website

Samer: Not sure why that is happening, but v.52 will only extract the ONCC, TRAC, TRMA, etc as xml for me.

If you use the command -extract:xml  with the option -recurse, then you get EVERYTHING!

#4 07/06/11 08:07

Samer
Website

I use demos's GUI ... he has an option a checkbox that says recursate (didn't know what that means tongue) anyway whether i have that box checked or not, and i convert something using the gui, in onisplit (the cmd) the command recurse always shows, so i guess it's a gui bug not an onisplit bug :\ .. is demos still around ?

#5 07/06/11 23:07

Mukade

I have the version with recursive checkbox, but it only converts what I want... try reinstalling?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 07/07/11 06:07

Samer
Website

already did ... many times ... can u check which version of OniSplit u have ? and which version of the gui ? (they aren't the same thing) do so by right clicking each -> properties then the details tab.

Last edited by Samer (07/07/11 06:07)

#7 07/07/11 11:07

Mukade

GUI - 0.9.1.140
OniSplit - 0.9.52.0

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer