Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#1 27/4/11 8:21

TomeOne
Administrator

PunBB issues forced my hand

Everyone,

I had to make a hard choice. PunBB a little while ago seemed to have lost any and all developer support (although it now appears to be back), and due to the hacked-up installation I was running I was unable to do certain behind-the-scenes things - including updating the forum software to a newer version released by the aforementioned return of developers. There were also issues creeping up which I could not ignore and that may have caused more serious problems.

So I took the database of posts and moved it to FluxBB, which is a fork of PunBB and is actively being maintained.

Attachments were not working, and since they were essentially a hack, there was no real way of fixing things. So now attachments won't be used on this forum anymore. Please consider using one of the many file hosting sites out there. I will also not make use of any other modifications or plugins on this forum unless they are 100% stable and don't rely on me editing php code by hand.

All the posts made it in the conversion, so at least that isn't lost.

I apologize profusely for the problems.

-Harry

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#2 27/4/11 9:17

Samer

Re: PunBB issues forced my hand

Hey Harry , I actually think the forum look better now smile
we can work around file attachments, since we have the depot, and it's great that all the posts survived.
but the only thing i'm missing is the inbox, there were some important messages there for modding. is there any way they could be salvaged ? and is there going to be a future inbox feature ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 27/4/11 9:23

TomeOne
Administrator

PMs are still in the database, so those are not lost. Not sure if the FluxBB PM plugin works with them but I guess I can try. I'll make a backup of the DB first, though.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#4 27/4/11 9:28

Samer

that's good news smile .. if it's not much trouble . But really i like the new look a lot and that we can choose display options to customize how the forum looks for us ^_^
also congrats for EdT for becoming moderator smile
Thanks Harry for the effort and time u put into this forum  big_smile

#5 27/4/11 9:33

TheCreature

Congrats to EdT.  And I kinda like the new forum.  It looks more official.  Although I do miss the Oni-themed header.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#6 27/4/11 9:37

TomeOne
Administrator

I'll try and get the PMs back to everyone, although adding a PM system to this forum would require the editing of files which I don't want to do again.

The header will return in due time.

Also, I've added different language packs. You can see the list of available languages here: https://github.com/fluxbb/langs

To switch to one of the available languages, click on the "Profile" link at the top, then under "Essentials" in "Set your localisation options" there is a dropdown. These translations are created by the FluxBB community, so please don't come after me over misspellings and such.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#7 27/4/11 9:46

Samer

i don't miss the header :\ part of why it looks better to me is cz the header is gone tongue i got tired of sepia muakde and konoko. a new colorful header like some of the amazing artwork on the creative minds thread would be nice smile

Harry if the PMs don't work and are going to cause future problems, it's not a big deal we'll find ways around it.

#8 27/4/11 10:50

TOCS

I like the refreshing look this new revision has. It kinda reminds me of the old forum than ran pre-2007. Good times.  Anyways I'm sure we'll find ways around our problems. ^_^

Last edited by TOCS (27/4/11 10:52)

T0CS.png

#9 27/4/11 11:11

Lithium

It's a change, I was getting tired of the older look

"that we can choose display options to customize how the forum looks for us"
Oh God Yes!

#10 27/4/11 11:15

Sharoduinn

I haven't been around the forum for a while, and now when I came back here I was quite surprised tongue I'd got so used to the old look even though I haven't even been here so very long...

Still, the forum looks very nice and neat, and when the Oni header comes back I'll be as happy as ever big_smile

"Sorry about the mess"

#11 27/4/11 11:17

Lithium

The green and dark gray theme is awesome

#12 27/4/11 11:27

Delano762

I loved that header, hope it'll be back. And congratz Edt big_smile

#13 27/4/11 11:35

Iritscen

The Technetium theme is quite classy, but not as readable as the others.  I like Air at the moment, it's very clean and light.

byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

#14 27/4/11 11:44

demos_kratos

Oh, blimey. With Oxygen theme OCF looks like Onimia. How am I going to tell these two pages apart in the speed-dial?

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#15 27/4/11 11:45

Lithium

...change the theme :V

#16 27/4/11 13:40

Samer

I like the Earth one, and the fire one & Technetium most, currently using earth. big_smile
do we have to bring the old header back sad ?

oh btw demos i use speed-dial too big_smile refresh the thumbnail of the speed-dial after u change the theme.

Last edited by Samer (27/4/11 13:43)

#17 27/4/11 14:02

Iritscen

I wouldn't mind a new, slimmer (vertically), more colorful header myself, but it's Harry's call, of course.  He's probably not in the mood to do site design right now.

P.S. Harry, what happened to our Administration forum?

Last edited by Iritscen (27/4/11 14:03)

#18 27/4/11 14:41

TomeOne
Administrator

I'll change the header on the weekend. I have to make something that will work with all theme different themes FluxBB came with. tongue

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#19 27/4/11 15:02

Alloc

Harry wrote:

I have to make something that will work with all theme different themes FluxBB came with. tongue

You're a really good boy smile ... wouldn't like a header which doesn't fit in the Mercury theme wink

Anyway, nice to know that you still care about this forum :thumbsup:

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#20 30/4/11 1:08

Stevinlewis

Wow havnt been here in awhile xD. Looks great Harry yikes, and gratz EdT! big_smile

#21 4/5/11 20:53

Phydur

it feels like every time i leave for an extended amount of time the fourm changes. tongue

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#22 4/5/11 20:56

Lithium

Well it was just this, I don't think there have been some huge changes while you were gone.

#23 4/5/11 21:47

Phydur

well i think that this switch counts as a major change, but ok.
also, should i stick with this oxygen theme or switch to Radium? what do you guys think i should do?

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#24 4/5/11 22:04

Lithium

Earth bro, it's quite the profesional theme. If not, Oxygen then.

#25 7/5/11 10:35

Iritscen

I'd just like to celebrate the fact that I no longer get that message that I have to hit Submit again because I took too long writing a post and got quasi-logged out.  And I haven't had any issues yet with losing track of new posts because I spend too long replying to one and the others lose their "new" flag; not sure if anything changed in the forum software or I've just been lucky recently.

Board footer