Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/29/11 20:03

Lukas Kreator

Windowed mode doesn't work

Well, I was trying to make some HD textures and put them in a pack to test. I had some problems but then I finally could make it work, as expected. But then, I edited the texture and compiled it again, and installed the mod once more to see the update. However, windowed mode seems not to work anymore, regardless of if my mod is enabled.

The Oni window simply opens, with a black background and the usual top menu, but then it says "Blam! Oni crashed." and stops working before I can even see Konoko or some graphic. No music, no menu.

The "startup.txt" seems correct, and tells this as the last line: "engine startup complete, launch the out-of-game UI...", unless I run at fullscreen, of course, but in that case mods also work.

This is very weird, and I already trying using GameDataFolder backups I had and I also tried reglobalizing. No changes.

Also, I run Oni on fullscreen through "run_full.bat" (this can seem pretty obvious, but you know...)

PS: Oh and I also tried replacing my "Oni.exe" with the old one.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (03/29/11 20:03)

#2 03/30/11 15:03

Gumby

Re: Windowed mode doesn't work

Have you tried replacing the daodan?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 03/30/11 15:03

Lukas Kreator

Re: Windowed mode doesn't work

Hey Gumby, thanks for the answer, but I just tried opening Oni again and it seems that since I restarted my computer, it is working again. However, I'm not completely sure this was what actually fixed it.

Board footer