You are not logged in.

#51 08/23/07 17:08

Ether

Re: Crescent Moon Kick and such

@bboyzagy] Well then, go on and don't waste my precious time. big_smile

#52 08/23/07 17:08

bboyzagy

What's your name was really a question on which you should have answered, and that counts Luk in. I coudn't have translated it better... Now let's get back on gymnastics I just saw a guy who was 60 years old and is actually very strong probably stronger than you Ehter I mean he was doing some very interesting things...

The B-Boy Style Will Live On

#53 08/24/07 17:08

Ether

So, I got the meaning quite well... About this strong old guy, tell me more.

#54 08/25/07 07:08

bboyzagy

Man the guy is really skinny but strong as hell, does things I can't man I tell you he was a gymnast once...

#55 08/25/07 16:08

bboyzagy

Yo Ether anything new about the crescent kick?

#56 08/26/07 17:08

Ether

@bboyzagy] Yeah, there is a small change. I've torn my "thigh muscle", so there's not gonna be anything new for about 4 weeks and probably even longer.

#57 08/26/07 18:08

bboyzagy

How THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Damn man bad luck or just something stupid well you're gonna tell me anyway...

#58 08/28/07 08:08

Ether

It's not that bad, I've been on a sonographic exam and there wasn't anything wrong (at least not much), but it looked bad (my thigh is now sort of rainbow-colored). It happened when I stretched my leg too quickly a week ago and I overstrained it last saturday on a discotheque, so it was not as that much bad luck as it was my stupidity. Thanks for the concern, though.

#59 08/28/07 16:08

bboyzagy

Damn man you didn't have to do that, can you walk and how bad does it hurt?

#60 08/29/07 07:08

Ether

bboyzagy wrote:

you didn't have to do that

I know, that's the whole stupidity thing about.

bboyzagy wrote:

can you walk

Well, I have to use crutches, but the doctor says it's not permanent. I just have to wait till the bruise goes away and some time after that be careful.

bboyzagy wrote:

how bad does it hurt

Most of the time it doesn't hurt, but sitting is now very difficult for me. big_smile

#61 08/29/07 15:08

bboyzagy

Well hope you recover soon, but you could walk on your arms instead of your legs smile hahaha, well that's what I've would done...

#62 08/29/07 17:08

Ether

Yeah, but I haven't got enough stability to do that. And, you know, drinking upside down is quite difficult, while drinking during normal walk is common.

Last edited by Ether (08/29/07 17:08)

#63 08/29/07 19:08

bboyzagy

hahahaha yes I did drink upside down when i was in a handstand... You do  realise that im a breakdancer and that's why i said that i would walk on my arms... well dont get stupid again ( sorry for that) and get things worse... you know that things can always get worse... Hope they don't of course...

#64 08/31/07 14:08

Ether

bboyzagy wrote:

hahahaha yes I did drink upside down when i was in a handstand...

How could you possibly do that? Do you have a photo?

bboyzagy wrote:

You do  realise that im a breakdancer and that's why i said that i would walk on my arms...

I do realize you're a break-dancer and a good arm-walker, I just said it won't work for me.

bboyzagy wrote:

well dont get stupid again ( sorry for that) and get things worse... you know that things can always get worse... Hope they don't of course...

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

#65 08/31/07 15:08

bboyzagy

It was very hard, but i think I can make a picture very soon...

#66 09/07/07 12:09

bboyzagy

Yo Ether how are you these days? I'm trying to learn the backhandspring flip but I don't have any mats just hard concrete and grass with sharp rocks, so it will be hard to do it without a spotter..... Any tips?

#67 09/07/07 17:09

Ether

@bboyzagy] Heh, you got me, I have no idea what are you talking about. Maybe you could link to some video or animation with this trick. At this time I have no useful tips. And I'm fine, as much as I can be with that injury.

#68 09/08/07 04:09

bboyzagy

Well everybody calls that move the Back Hand Spring and it's actually a move where you jump backwards on your arms and then back onto your legs simple but without a soft floor to practise it on it can be hard to learn... And are you better? When are you going to be back in the working condition?

#69 09/08/07 05:09

geyser
Website

Yeah, boys, link to some vids instead of spamming away at each other smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#70 09/08/07 16:09

bboyzagy

Here's a link to a 50m backhandspring tournament where the world record has been broken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6_nQgFUiq4

#71 09/10/07 18:09

bboyzagy

Well did you see it and do you have any tips on ow to do those because I have no soft floors...

#72 09/10/07 18:09

geyser
Website

Saw it. Kicks ass. No idea how to do that wtihout a mat. Good luck for the record smile

Last edited by geyser (09/10/07 18:09)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#73 09/11/07 10:09

Ether

@geyser] Sorry for the spamming.

@bboyzagy] I don't know any way to train such trick on hard floor safely, good luck finding some soft one. However I can give you some tips about learning this trick in general.
  x] Have your hands with your fingers pointing opposite to your movement, so your elbow joints can bend and compensate for hard or asymmetrical landings. Example: you stand to the south and when you do backhandsprings, you go to the north. So you should have your hands pointing to the south, when you touch the ground with them. If you'd have your hands pointing out to the sides, it would hurt. Another good alternative is having your hands pointing in at each other, that also allows your elbows to bend.
  x] There is a move/trick, when you're in the gymnastic position "bridge", you can try to jump, kick your legs and thereby make a non-springy backhandspring. That's a good training for the faster variation.
  x] If you can do backflip, try to reach the ground with your hands while upside down. I almost learned my backhandspring this way.

#74 09/11/07 17:09

bboyzagy

Almost???? Heh I really think backhandsprings are easier then the backflip but that doesn't matter... So how are you when are you going to be back in the crescent condition?

#75 09/12/07 15:09

Ether

my condition] Don't push it, I'll go to the doctor on the next tuesday, maybe after then I will be allowed to SLOWLY return to some LIGHT exercise. I don't wanna screw it up again.

almost] I had learned a quite deformed backhandspring almost instantly, but I hadn't been able to do it straigth. On the other hand, I had been training backflip and it had been perfectly straight. I see there some kind of possible solution.
But I learned it another way - by focusing very hard on jumping straight back; looking behind yourself several times before jumping helps (but not over your shoulder, it has to be just by bending straight backwards).

backhandspring easier than backflip?] It's specific to each person. I prefer backflip, because there's no danger for the arms and the jump's higher, so there's more time. On the other side, advanced backhandspring requires a lot of training of coordination - to perform several backhandsprings consecutively with some elegance, you need to coordinate your hands and legs perfectly. You can recognize that, when you just rhytmically move your body with almost no effort, have a very faint idea of the world, you just keep going on legs, on hands, on legs, on hands... I think it's like zorbing at that moment.

Last edited by Ether (09/12/07 15:09)

Board footer