Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#1 19/6/10 17:05

RuthgerMiles
Member

Mukade

Mukade's role in the whole game is still a bit of a mystery for me?

Is he as Konoko says just one of muro's thugs or is he family that joined the syndicate.. or is he some mindfucking assasin that just knows too much about her please explain big_smile


You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

Offline

#2 19/6/10 17:42

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

I think he's a Symbiote because of abilities and the way Konoko feels a connection to him.


Dain bramaged

Offline

#3 19/6/10 17:44

RuthgerMiles
Member

Re: Mukade

CocaPuff wrote:

I think he's a Symbiote because of abilities and the way Konoko feels a connection to him.


Ye indeed, i thought he was family or something but they also say he's an android.. it keeps a mystery smile


You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

Offline

#4 19/6/10 17:51

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

He might be an android made by the Syndicate. Too bad Oni's plot is vastly understated sad


Dain bramaged

Offline

#5 19/6/10 18:38

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Mukade

What you say about the plot is true, CocaPuff, but this was something Hardy LeBel talked a bit about on our old forum:

More advanced Daodan mutates are hyper-evolved "super predators". All of the aspects of their bodies evolve, including their senses. The "connection" Konoko feels with Mukade is her own evolving senses alerting her that she is on the trail of another Daodan super predator.

That doesn't answer the question of whether they're related, but it does rule out his being an android, if by "android" you mean a robot.  It also doesn't tell us what side he's really on.  So, still some things to speculate on.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Online

#6 19/6/10 18:42

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

I think he's w/ the Syndicate because he has the furies, tankers, strikers, and comguys w/ him so I think he wasn't a rival w/ Muro or anything.

Last edited by CocaPuff (19/6/10 18:44)


Dain bramaged

Offline

#7 19/6/10 20:21

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

I believe that Mukade has or had his own agenda. The story is unclear on the character... maybe they wre planning on elaborating on it, but didn't. Either way, the mysterious air around him makes him a bit of what makes him such an interesting character imo... I think the player themselves were supposed to fit the pieces together themselves

As for the comguys strikers, etc.. they were probably there to support him, on Muro's orders, doesn't mean they were his men.


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#8 19/6/10 20:29

RuthgerMiles
Member

Re: Mukade

Mukade wrote:

I believe that Mukade has or had his own agenda. The story is unclear on the character... maybe they wre planning on elaborating on it, but didn't. Either way, the mysterious air around him makes him a bit of what makes him such an interesting character imo... I think the player themselves were supposed to fit the pieces together themselves

As for the comguys strikers, etc.. they were probably there to support him, on Muro's orders, doesn't mean they were his men.

anyway he is my favorite character, in every game or movie.. he'se just sick big_smile


You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

Offline

#9 19/6/10 20:43

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

It would have been nice if they would have elaborated on the characters more since the game doesn't explain much about their backgrounds.  hmm


Dain bramaged

Offline

#10 19/6/10 21:12

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

RuthgerMiles wrote:
Mukade wrote:

I believe that Mukade has or had his own agenda. The story is unclear on the character... maybe they wre planning on elaborating on it, but didn't. Either way, the mysterious air around him makes him a bit of what makes him such an interesting character imo... I think the player themselves were supposed to fit the pieces together themselves

As for the comguys strikers, etc.. they were probably there to support him, on Muro's orders, doesn't mean they were his men.

anyway he is my favorite character, in every game or movie.. he'se just sick big_smile

hence my name big_smile

cocapuff wrote:

It would have been nice if they would have elaborated on the characters more since the game doesn't explain much about their backgrounds.

I think that's part of the reason why all of the Oni fans are looking for a sequel, or maybe a prequel to explain some of the stuff.

When they came out with Oni, they created a whole, unique world, not like anyone ever created before, with a whole new concept, and it almost seems a shame to abandon that world, with all it's potentiel.

To use as an example, Star Wars. They had something unique in those videos, The Force. That left many doors open in that universe to explore, which is why there are 6 movies, countless books, and a huge fan base (of which i include myself)

I wish with all my heart that Oni could have that kind of effect, although it does seem unlikely


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#11 19/6/10 21:42

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

It's sad that Oni didn't receive the popularity that it deserved since it had lots of potential (IMO more than Halo).
Another thing people can do is to write fan-fiction about the characters and stuff. IDK
Just my two cents smile

Last edited by CocaPuff (19/6/10 21:45)


Dain bramaged

Offline

#12 19/6/10 23:29

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

It's been done on a few occasions, such as the joint story written by Myself, Samer, and a few others, you can read it on the wiki if you want...

I've actually been hoping to write a story on Muro's Asension, I've just been mulling ideas in my head for awhile, haven't written down anything yet.

Yeah, Oni was all hyped up for a time if I understand it, but it got pushed back many times, and eventually, Halo stole the spotlight. If it had been on time, I think it would have been Oni with all the sequels/prequels instead of Halo


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#13 20/6/10 0:54

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

That's good that you guys are writing fics  big_smile I'll look for the joint story on wiki 

@ Muro's Asension: that would be very interesting too about how Muro killed the Syndicate bosses and became leader and I can't wait to see if anything comes of it  cool

Last edited by CocaPuff (20/6/10 0:55)


Dain bramaged

Offline

#14 20/6/10 7:01

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Mukade

Mukade wrote:

Yeah, Oni was all hyped up for a time if I understand it, but it got pushed back many times, and eventually, Halo stole the spotlight. If it had been on time, I think it would have been Oni with all the sequels/prequels instead of Halo

Bungie started hyping Oni too early, in '98/'99; once they realized how long the game was going to take to finish, they stopped spending any advertising money at all on it, to save up for when it was done.  In the meantime, Halo continued to progress, so it did steal the spotlight, as you say.  When T2 got Oni and was about to release it, they did try pretty hard to promote Oni again, but I think it was too late at that point, or else the promotions just weren't being done in the right place because they wanted to push the PS2 version.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Online

#15 20/6/10 7:54

RuthgerMiles
Member

Re: Mukade

Mukade wrote:

It's been done on a few occasions, such as the joint story written by Myself, Samer, and a few others, you can read it on the wiki if you want...

I've actually been hoping to write a story on Muro's Asension, I've just been mulling ideas in my head for awhile, haven't written down anything yet.

Yeah, Oni was all hyped up for a time if I understand it, but it got pushed back many times, and eventually, Halo stole the spotlight. If it had been on time, I think it would have been Oni with all the sequels/prequels instead of Halo

ye but is that what you want? Such a big community.. i think the ppl on these forums are nice and dedicated and with some help from bungie and the ideas from ppl here you can create en great new game for the real oni lovers


You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

Offline

#16 20/6/10 12:51

Sharoduinn
Member

Re: Mukade

CocaPuff wrote:

I think he's w/ the Syndicate because he has the furies, tankers, strikers, and comguys w/ him so I think he wasn't a rival w/ Muro or anything.

I have to agree with you, because:
1. the reason you already told
2. in one of the objective updates in level 9 it says: 'Mukade, Muro's master ninja, has stolen the blah blah blah etc. etc.'
which clearly tells that he's working for Muro. The objectives text in Oni is (I take it) the 'all-knowing narrator' of the game, so I think it should be trusted. tongue

I haven't read the story on the wiki yet, but I'll start now wink
Is there already a thread where everybody could post their ideas on the 'expanded' storyline? hmm


"Sorry about the mess"

Offline

#17 20/6/10 13:18

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

RuthgerMiles wrote:
Mukade wrote:

It's been done on a few occasions, such as the joint story written by Myself, Samer, and a few others, you can read it on the wiki if you want...

I've actually been hoping to write a story on Muro's Asension, I've just been mulling ideas in my head for awhile, haven't written down anything yet.

Yeah, Oni was all hyped up for a time if I understand it, but it got pushed back many times, and eventually, Halo stole the spotlight. If it had been on time, I think it would have been Oni with all the sequels/prequels instead of Halo

ye but is that what you want? Such a big community.. i think the ppl on these forums are nice and dedicated and with some help from bungie and the ideas from ppl here you can create en great new game for the real oni lovers

I do agree, there is something to be said about small communities, they make people feel a lot more "at home" whereas big forums such as Halo, most individual members are ignored, because they are such a small part of the community.

Part of me wishes there were more of us, but another part hopes there wont be, if you know what I mean..

@Shar, yeah I think he works for Muro, but he doesn't seem the type to work as a part of the syndicate, he sort of seems like a personal elite. Although I suppose since he has the chrysalis, he must have some syndicate affiliations. Still, I don't believe he's Muro's "lapdog" I'm sure he has his own stuff to do that doesn't involve Muro or the Syndicate.

Also, I do have a question... this is sort of branching from the topic at hand but hre goes:
Mai said she could feel the ninja, and he could feel her, and yet she said no such thing about Barabas or Muro, even though they also had chrysali implanted, does this mean that Mukade was the first on the Syndicate side to have his implanted? (Perhaps his armor is meant to hide the mutation caused be the chrysalis?) And Barabas also, he is mutated by the chrysalis before Muro, does this mean that, before the Syndicate implanted muro's, that they did a couple "test runs" before hand?

Was wondering if someone more knowledged in this area could answer?


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#18 20/6/10 14:45

RuthgerMiles
Member

Re: Mukade

Mukade wrote:
RuthgerMiles wrote:
Mukade wrote:

It's been done on a few occasions, such as the joint story written by Myself, Samer, and a few others, you can read it on the wiki if you want...

I've actually been hoping to write a story on Muro's Asension, I've just been mulling ideas in my head for awhile, haven't written down anything yet.

Yeah, Oni was all hyped up for a time if I understand it, but it got pushed back many times, and eventually, Halo stole the spotlight. If it had been on time, I think it would have been Oni with all the sequels/prequels instead of Halo

ye but is that what you want? Such a big community.. i think the ppl on these forums are nice and dedicated and with some help from bungie and the ideas from ppl here you can create en great new game for the real oni lovers

I do agree, there is something to be said about small communities, they make people feel a lot more "at home" whereas big forums such as Halo, most individual members are ignored, because they are such a small part of the community.



Part of me wishes there were more of us, but another part hopes there wont be, if you know what I mean..

@Shar, yeah I think he works for Muro, but he doesn't seem the type to work as a part of the syndicate, he sort of seems like a personal elite. Although I suppose since he has the chrysalis, he must have some syndicate affiliations. Still, I don't believe he's Muro's "lapdog" I'm sure he has his own stuff to do that doesn't involve Muro or the Syndicate.

Also, I do have a question... this is sort of branching from the topic at hand but hre goes:
Mai said she could feel the ninja, and he could feel her, and yet she said no such thing about Barabas or Muro, even though they also had chrysali implanted, does this mean that Mukade was the first on the Syndicate side to have his implanted? (Perhaps his armor is meant to hide the mutation caused be the chrysalis?) And Barabas also, he is mutated by the chrysalis before Muro, does this mean that, before the Syndicate implanted muro's, that they did a couple "test runs" before hand?

Was wondering if someone more knowledged in this area could answer?





About mukade is the thing i know; He has his own fighting squad. The ninjas. And the ''avengers'' (red) Are trained by mukade himself. So i think he has his own purpose in the game.. and he is not really in touch with muro

Is the enemy of my enemy my friend?   I think that is how it works!


You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

Offline

#19 20/6/10 17:11

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

@ Mukade- Yeah, it’s weird that Mai doesn’t feel a connection to Muro or Barabas. My theory is that maybe Mai’s Chrysalis was still developing (when she first met Muro and Barabas) and she wasn’t capable of feeling a connection w/ a symbiote.

@ Sharoduinn- Yeah, because if Mukade was a rival w/ Muro then he would be on the rooftops alone 

@ RuthgerMiles- The game doesn’t really explain much about him. He probably (most likely) did have his own agenda.


Dain bramaged

Offline

#20 20/6/10 18:11

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

The funny thing is that there is no "real" answer to Mukades origins and his role in Oni... since it wasn't revealed in the game, that means no one considered it... that leaves it up to us to decide what his ties were...

When/if i get to writing Muro's asension, I plan on also including Barabas and Mukade's development in there as well, alongside him


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#21 20/6/10 18:31

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

Yeah, most stuff about Mukade, Muro, and Barabas is speculation and there isn’t really a bona fide answer. I wonder why Bungie didn’t elaborate on their characters. They probably were but never got around to it.


Dain bramaged

Offline

#22 20/6/10 18:59

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

By the end it became a haphazard job, although I don't know if that had anything to do with it


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#23 21/6/10 10:46

Sharoduinn
Member

Re: Mukade

Another point to discuss is  why in the final level there are ninja's in the base? Maybe the 'basic' ninja's were more connected with the Syndicate, Mukade being, indeed, some kind of 'freelancer' who only did jobs that helped him achieve his own goals...?

Mukade wrote:

To use as an example, Star Wars. They had something unique in those videos, The Force. That left many doors open in that universe to explore, which is why there are 6 movies, countless books, and a huge fan base (of which i include myself)

Nice to hear there are other people here on the forum who like Star Wars  big_smile

Again I ask is there a thread where people could submit their own ideas of the expanded plot hmm  (as with more people contributing to it it would become more detailed. And easier for the main writers, of course big_smile )


"Sorry about the mess"

Offline

#24 21/6/10 11:30

CocaPuff
Member

Re: Mukade

Yeah, I agree that ninjas are w/ the Syndicate. I believe that Mukade and the other ninjas work for Muro but Mukade seems like a freelancer though  neutral

And I think there is a thread but I’m not sure  hmm  but we could make one  tongue

Last edited by CocaPuff (21/6/10 11:38)


Dain bramaged

Offline

#25 21/6/10 11:50

Mukade
Member

Re: Mukade

the fact that Mukade has a chrysalis implant ties him to the Syndicate. Freelancer yes, or maybe he was at some point, maybe the syndicate offered him the chysalis in return for his services and his ninja trainees

Nice to hear there are other people here on the forum who like Star Wars

I've played most of the games and read many of the book ^_^


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

Board footer