Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#126 01/03/12 15:01

adorage

Re: Mukade

Well, to play devil's advocate, if they had planned to make the revelation of Mukade's true gender a surprise, obviously they wouldn't give "her" feminine features like big breasts. Under all that armor, you really can't tell what Mukade's body looks like. Or rather, you can tell what isn't there but you can't tell what is there. And btw, my hands are bigger than that, and every professional female swimmer has shoulders like that.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#127 01/03/12 16:01

Striker

adorage wrote:

Well, to play devil's advocate, if they had planned to make the revelation of Mukade's true gender a surprise, obviously they wouldn't give "her" feminine features like big breasts. Under all that armor, you really can't tell what Mukade's body looks like. Or rather, you can tell what isn't there but you can't tell what is there. And btw, my hands are bigger than that, and every professional female swimmer has shoulders like that.

Alright, Mukade is now either a male character or a flat-chested professional swimmer with male hands and a very low voice.
Look at it this way: Mukade was introduced as a male character and stayed that way, thus, it is only safe to assume that Mukade is male.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#128 01/03/12 16:01

Yoriko

I believe Konoko even calls him a he at some point. Also beacause he has the same combat ID as the ninjas he is affected by the willow kick as the rest of the ninjas are in the original Oni.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#129 01/03/12 16:01

Lithium

Screw it, Rule 63 the whole game.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#130 01/04/12 03:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 10:01)

#131 01/04/12 06:01

Yoriko

That's already been done Windy, Discussion here: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 443#p17443

And package download right here: http://mods.oni2.net/node/99

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#132 01/04/12 07:01

adorage

Yoriko wrote:

...he is affected by the willow kick as the rest of the ninjas are in the original Oni.

That's actually a really good argument. Konoko could simply have assumed Mukade is male because our society sees male as the default gender but a "male" reaction to the willow kick is a pretty strong hint that Mukade is in fact male.

#133 01/04/12 09:01

paradox-01

Loser would probably disagree on this one.
"[...] but a "male" reaction to the willow kick is a pretty strong hint that Mukade is in fact male."

#134 01/04/12 09:01

Striker

paradox-01 wrote:

"[...] but a "male" reaction to the willow kick is a pretty strong hint that Mukade is in fact male."

It doesn't matter whether females could also be affected by this; what matters is that in Oni only male characters are affected by it (except SLDs), and if Mukade is affected by it as well, he must be male.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#135 01/04/12 09:01

paradox-01

I tried willow kick on muro, sniper, tctf cop lite, tctf cop lite black and male scientist. Didn't work. So much about Oni realistic behavior and incomplete takeover of clichees. Not that i'm fan of the idea but if windy wants the possibility mukade being female he can see it that way.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/04/12 09:01)

#136 01/04/12 10:01

adorage

paradox-01 wrote:

Well, I disagree with Loser. Of course women's genitals aren't invulnerable but there's a huge difference to those of men, especially since the willow kick comes from the front, not from below. It's strange that it doesn't work on unarmored male scientists though.
Also, what Striker said.

Last edited by adorage (01/04/12 10:01)

#137 01/04/12 11:01

Windy

neutral

#138 01/04/12 11:01

paradox-01

"the willow kick comes from the front" Imo, that makes it less effective, but it underlines yours and bungie's opinion that he is male because he is even then staggering in pain. Whatever, Oni 1 is done and the question is what windy wants with his interpretation to do. Just spreading moments of doubts in a random Oni 2 scene or something more. If there's no 'motivation' then the sole possibility is fruitless (which I don't think must be bad). Then we could trash the idea for a bigger consensus on Mukade's identity (Mai's father theory?).

#139 01/04/12 16:01

Windy

neutral

#140 01/04/12 16:01

adorage

Windy wrote:

And you are speaking to me as a "he" even if you never saw my face. That same thing can be said about masked characters like Mukade and her fellow ninjas. They could all be female, the sisterhood of ninjas...

What about the elite TCTF agents? They are masked as well, some of them can be female...

As I wrote above, our society sees male as the "default" gender, so everyone who isn't clearly identified as female is considered to be male... yeah, it sucks. I wrote about how this is applied to female Oni characters a while ago here (basically, none of them wear any kind of head covering or, come to think of it, have distorted voices). I would be really surprised to suddenly find an abundance of masked female characters in the game. The masked TCTF agents are presented as rather masculine (especially their voices) and Mukade is consistently referred to as "he" - there are women with deep voices and broad, flat chests but I simply don't think the creators of Oni to be subversive enough to play with gender this way.

#141 01/04/12 17:01

Striker

We are assuming Mukade is male because:

- Mukade is introduced as a male
- Mukade has a distinctly low voice
- Mukade has a 'typical male figure'
- Mukade doesn't have noticeable breasts (nearly all anime has females with oversized breasts)
- Mukade has a distinct, male-styled pelvis protector thingy
- Mukade has male-like hands (strong-looking and large)
- Mukade is affected by the Willow Kick game-wise
- Mukade is affected by the Willow Kick code-wise

#142 01/04/12 19:01

paradox-01

Caution: Bizzare theory over here.

#143 01/04/12 20:01

Striker

paradox-01 wrote:

Caution: Bizzare theory over here.

Could you make a tl;dr version of that theory? That would be great.

#144 01/05/12 06:01

paradox-01

The world is a tasty cake and was divided among WCG and criminal organizations. They seek for stability. Conflicts just ruin the business. Mukade is a (renegade) assassin but also an idealist, he is unhappy with the fake-struggle of WCG and Syndicate including the byproducts of an "arrested development" of society and the ecological breakdown.

Mukade wants to change the situation but doesn't have the knowledge. He discovers Hasegawa who has also the goal to change society. But Hasegawa doesn't have the means. So both team up and share their resources. The Daodan is meant to break the balance. The Syndicate gets infiltrated by them and serves as a host.

Both have already Daodan implanted. After some time Hasegawa inherits Mukade's brain engrams and make himself a Doppelgänger of Mukade. Muro fights his way up to top and while doing so gathers loyal men and women around him (e.g. Kojiro). Hasegawa is coaching and protecting Muro. The real Mukade ("Old Man") fades back into the shadows.

Project Sturmänderung ("storm change") is not what it seems to be. Muro believes to fulfill his father's wish by forcing all human into hyperevolution.

BGI is pissed by Muro's plans and tries to eliminate him. But Konoko prevents that accidentally because she thinks BGI is still connected to the Syndicate.
(There are plans to recreate the BGI level someday.)

Hasegawa had to give up Muro. He's a sacrifice for the true Sturmänderung project. The ninjas would eliminate all remaining radical forces. The Syndicate would be without money, forces, and lever; environment repaired; WCG runs out of arguments to conserve the Big Brother system.

But that didn't happen, Mai and Hasegawa messed it up.
The rooftop chase was planned as a test. Is Mai a threat to the project? Is she ready for the truth?
Hasegawa had two options: telling her everything if she was ready, or fight and lose on purpose so she could take the data disc and ask Kerr about the past.
He realized that Mai wasn't ready. But during the fight the wish took over to rescue her from the alienation of the Daodan. He doesn't wanted to lose also his second child.
Hasegawa fails to decide between his options and ends up dead. Mai proceeds and blows up the ACCs.
------------------------
If you have questions you should read the full text.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/05/12 11:01)

#145 01/05/12 09:01

Striker

paradox-01 wrote:

Insert crazy theory

Wow, I didn't think you would actually do it...
Anyway, the theory seems very interesting, considering that I can't find any facts that would allow me to argue otherwise.
It's also pretty easy to see how this theory came into place - final boss fight, when Muro tells Mai that he was doing what their father had dreamed of. The only thing that seems out of place is that right after Muro said that, he says "join me or die like all the others, choking on dead air and foul water."; sounds like he is acting out of selfishness and wants to kill everyone except the daodan-affected population.

#146 01/05/12 11:01

Lukas Kreator

Wow, we should make our theories into an Anime one day big_smile

#147 01/05/12 12:01

Yoriko

Lukas Kreator wrote:

Wow, we should make our theories into an Anime one day big_smile

Oni as an anime? It's made for it and it would be so mother****-ing awesome to see the whole story made into an anime!

#148 01/05/12 12:01

Windy

neutral

#149 01/05/12 14:01

paradox-01

Yup, that would be great but how could we do that? For now it looks like wishful thinking. smile

There's something else you can look forward. An epilog of Oni in form of a grafic novel. It's titled "Wasteland Flowers".
Propably the release won't be anytime soon since it's Guido's and Alex' hobby project but it's definitive worth waiting.
The wiki page of it was recently updated so I guess Guido wanted us to know that there is progress.

#150 01/05/12 14:01

Windy

neutral

Board footer