Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/23/10 20:05

Iritscen

Mac users: Intel or PPC?

We've done a general OS poll in the past which touched on the difference between the Intel Macs and the PPC Macs, but this time I'd like to focus on just this distinction.  It's helpful to hear if there are a number of Mac users still in the PPC generation, as we contemplate our level of support for the architecture going forward.

For Mac newbies: If you're not sure which chip your Mac uses, choose >About This Mac and look at the Processor line.

Thanks to all for participating.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 06/09/10 17:06

Iritscen

Re: Mac users: Intel or PPC?

So, 11 people besides me own Macs?  Come on, guys tongue

#3 06/09/10 20:06

Paff
Website

I also have Macs, but have both architectures available and am willing to use whichever I need, but I usually play Oni in Windows XP. tongue

#4 05/26/11 11:05

Iritscen

Well, it looks like the new forum killed the poll, so I might as well unstick this now :-\  Well, I remember that we eventually got a good number of votes, and the results were almost entirely on the side of "Intel", which confirmed our desire to only support Intel going forward.  Also, we now know that 10.6 Lion probably will not have Rosetta, meaning that Apple's own support of PPC is going away and it's time for everyone to make sure that they own a Mac that was made in the last five years smile

Board footer