Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#26 19/2/10 9:43

dream996

Re: Removed the Karma system, replaced it with Reputation

i must admit that ,i personally totally agree with the way that the system is been done , but sam doesnt seem it the way we do ,if u banned sam now , things is going to get even more worse !

PunBB bbcode test

#27 19/2/10 12:14

Iritscen

It's just a week-long ban.  If Samer decides that losing karma or a temp ban is worth leaving the community over, then he wasn't really committed to begin with.  But we'll welcome him back if he wants to return.

byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

#28 19/2/10 14:08

TOCS

I can only find one option; bare with the new system.
By the way, when talking about most contributing members.. when will geyser return? It feels like years since he last visited the forum. I bet he has been working on some underground project. tongue

T0CS.png

#29 19/2/10 15:27

Lithium

NO i think he left.
and i talked to leus to see if he could help us...all he did was say rofl and no help, then again i didnt ask. Hopefully samer won't be angry at us.

#30 19/2/10 18:15

Gumby

TOCS wrote:

I can only find one option; bare with the new system.
By the way, when talking about most contributing members.. when will geyser return? It feels like years since he last visited the forum. I bet he has been working on some underground project. tongue

Never, most likely. He has more important things to do, like having an actual life. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#31 19/2/10 18:22

TOCS

I see, maybe I'll realize that some day.. But still he could leave a message now and then. smile
I hope we won't see anyone leaving again though..

T0CS.png

#32 19/2/10 19:03

Iritscen

Gumby wrote:

Never, most likely. He has more important things to do, like having an actual life. smile

Well, it's all how you set your priorities, I guess... I tend to rank Oni and my real life about equal in importance  big_smile

#33 22/2/10 3:04

Stevinlewis

Wow banned for a week that easilly. Ill think twice about opening my mouth now smile. Sam did alot of stuff for the community, and sam, if u seeing this, I appreciate what uve done =]. Eh.... i like the new points system... So yeah...

#34 22/2/10 3:48

Gumby

Stevinlewis wrote:

Wow banned for a week that easilly. Ill think twice about opening my mouth now smile. Sam did alot of stuff for the community, and sam, if u seeing this, I appreciate what uve done =]. Eh.... i like the new points system... So yeah...

It's not that I don't appreciate what he has done as a modder, but I have a job to do. Flaming is not tolerated on this forum, and he was warned.

#35 22/2/10 10:02

TomeOne
Administrator

Rule #1 of this forum: be civil.

You agree to this and other rules when you sign up.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#36 22/2/10 11:27

Dirk Gently

a forum I moderate got rid of this because of anonymous rep spamming. It caused drama, but drama was caused by the people, not the system. This seems like a very nice community and nice people. I have no worries that this is going to be a problem. Also to put this into perspective:
iw8c4k.png
that is a rep counter, it reads zero. That is an actual counter off this site, that I used a program called "Pixie" which magnifies an area of the screen so you can see the actual pixel colors. That zero means that you have neutral amount of rep on the site. big deal. I think the act of helping someone or doing something cool is not equatable to a number on a page.

#37 25/2/10 19:03

Samer

Guys ... just to be clear about why i commented or why I "flammed" as Gumby called it and why I left cz I really hate it to be portrayed that I left about some points under my avatar .

when I joined there wasn't even a rating system ... I was doing my third mod ... when it was introduced so I wasn't doing them for appreciation.

However the appreciation was nice and encouraging .... especially after much criticism  " the texture is cheap and that's the nicest thing i could come up with, u messed up the colors on the gloves and that's not the only time u do that, u did it with Casey too" smile

However me being minused by 3ellense because I didn't like the system is what caused me to "flame"

3ellense sending me : "points u rightfully gained WTF ?" is what made me feel the necessity to defend myself and reply to him smile and "WTF" isn't a good reason i felt, to be minused for simply stating my opinion and not liking the new system, yet it was overlooked ...

i can see it is removed now so thanks Iritscen. smile

and I couldn't think of any "civil"  response to "WTF" and him implying no u didn't deserve the appreciation for ur hard work, and no one disagreeing.

and oxe i'm not angry with u or 3ellense I'm simply indifferent now, actually less than indifferent, I don't think u are qualified to judge me, with all the respect.

& dream thanks  tongue smile

I hope this post is not seen as flamming or spamming or disagreeing and that it doesn't get me any "WTF"s or weekly bans ...
I just wanted to clarify the reason, it's not about the points and it's not about the new system. smile

and I admit I could have handled the whole situation better, or simply ignored it.

I really hope this is the last of this subject, and we can all move on, and keep making Oni better. smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#38 25/2/10 19:23

Lithium

moving on then

#39 25/2/10 19:37

Iritscen

Welcome back.  And I do think that, going forward, anyone who abuses the Reputation system will be punished for that.  I would simply advise anyone who is getting flamed through the Rep system to let a mod know and let them handle the situation.  That goes for any situation of the sort, of course.  Just let a mod enforce the rules (or remind people of the rules).  We might not always be able to respond immediately, but we'll help out if you give us the chance.  Okay, I guess we can let this topic rest now.

#40 25/2/10 23:00

Gumby

If you have a problem with a member, PM a mod, don't create more problems.

#41 26/2/10 9:09

Samer

Gumby wrote:

If you have a problem with a member, PM a mod, don't create more problems.

I got that when Iritscen said it smile thanks for repeating though.

#42 6/4/10 12:49

zilcon

i don't mind the system

Static Fist!!! tongue

#43 6/4/10 13:16

Samer

zilcon didn't u just register yesterday tongue ?

#44 6/4/10 13:20

zilcon

jeah i did 
nice to meet you samer

Static Fist!!! tongue

#45 9/4/10 8:09

northero

hehe I prefer the willow kick of the furies to ur signature zilcon and btw,( although it might be late? ) I truly appreciate ur work,Samer  smile

Last edited by northero (9/4/10 8:09)

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#46 9/4/10 8:15

Samer

northero wrote:

hehe I prefer the willow kick of the furies to ur signature zilcon and btw,( although it might be late? ) I truly appreciate ur work,Samer  smile

out of topic but ok thanks tongue
btw Whirl Kick! of the furies not willow kick ... tongue

#47 9/4/10 8:34

northero

my bad -,-

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#48 25/11/10 15:29

TomeOne
Administrator

Yes, it's gone. No, it won't come back.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#49 25/11/10 17:28

Lithium

And i finally had gotten it to the way i liked. Oh well thanks for the update harry

#50 25/11/10 17:40

Iritscen

Heh.  "Removed the Reputation system, replaced it with Nothing."

Board footer