Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/11/10 17:01

TOCS

The Serious Sam Series

Does anyone here play the Serious Sam series? Well, atleast I do appreciate these oldschool shooters.
I've been playing the series ever since the first game came out in 2001 (I was 7 - 8 years old). I'd enjoy the first one as much as the expansion. Also the soundtrack was amazing, especially the one in the expansion, as the boss-battles featured instrumental versions of Undercode's songs. Sometimes, I'd actually concentrate more about the music, than the gameplay tongue. But I was quite disappointed with the sequel. It was more like a kids/cartoonish version of the game, which diden't have the "Serious Sam" feeling.

Last year a remake of the first game: "The First Encounter", got released in HD running on the new Serious Engine 3, which I'm very amazed of. I read about the game after playing Counter-Strike (that annoying banner thing appearing when closing a Steam game). It surprised me that I'd never hear of the remake, as I'm a big fan.

A day later, I convinced my parrents to get it, back in December (which would cover all of my advent gifts that holiday).
I'd never regret it at all, the game is just as I expected; a remake, not a recreation with changed gameplay and new stuff. The same old shooter I'd always love.

I'm also really enjoying the multiplayer co-op, it's so much fun playing with others. Things like Deathmatch, SDK and Map Editor is yet to be added, but is promised in future patches.

I'm really expecting: "The Second Encounter" HD remake, which is in progress, and by the way if you have the game, send me a PM with Steam info so we can play together, as I'm hosting a server sometimes. smile

I would have dont a review of the games, but I'm too lazy.. just look at this post, it's actually long.

#2 01/11/10 17:01

Gumby

Re: The Serious Sam Series

It has been on sale for 5 dollars several times in the past month, but I didn't buy it because I spent enough money on games over the holiday. : /

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 01/11/10 19:01

Lithium

i remember seeing them, i was tempted to buy it but...i forgot wat i did

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 01/17/10 13:01

demos_kratos

SS is epic IMO. I was waiting for SSHD to release as if I was waiting for an official opportunity to fool around.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#5 01/17/10 13:01

Unit 2

I love SS, one of the first shooters I ever played!

#6 01/18/10 12:01

TOCS

Nice to see some fans around here!
I can't wait for Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter.

Board footer