Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 07/11/11 21:07

EdT
Website

Re: Creating new animations (TRAMS) for Oni.

Mukade:  If you have some time, Motoko needs a super punch and super kick moves smile

#77 07/11/11 21:07

Samer
Website

you're really in demand mukade tongue i was also just asking him for supers for the bgi boss tongue btw EdT i thought the supers u have for her are pretty good they need some tweaking but in concept are really good, maybe muakde can improve on them instead of starting from scratch.

paradox is really good in animations as well wish he'd have more free time to help us out too tongue ( hi paradox big_smile tongue)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#78 07/13/11 16:07

EdT
Website

Here's the latest OniSplit: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/OniSplit_v.56.zip  Should have fixed the various bugs from v.55

#79 01/01/12 12:01

paradox-01

Another tool to test.
It runs on excel (trail version should also work) and can tweak face-to-face throws: to be precisely, it was made to modify the tgt animation.
Your dae file needs to be present inside the "input_and_output" folder.

Situation: you load two chars into Mod Tools and rotate (+/-180°) the throw target char because you want them to stand face to face. When you are done animating, the target animation would need to be reversed again: multiplying the velocities and x rotation with -1 and -/+180° the y rotation (depending on your initial change).

The interface should help you to turn the dae into an oni file with not much effort.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/01/12 12:01)

#80 01/01/12 14:01

Iritscen

Wow, interesting.  I bet that took a while to make wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#81 02/05/12 21:02

Mukade

So, let me get this straight paradox. What you did was make a tool that would do all those rotations for me? I don't know when I'm going to get around to animating again, the computer I have right now isn't really very capable of it, but I'm looking forward to have it. Thanks alot!

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#82 03/25/12 09:03

paradox-01

Updated excel macro -- for moves, attacks, throws.

* put your files into the "input_and_output" folder
* disable macro security if you don't want to click every time on the macro option button
* close other worksheets first before you run the macro
* if you are not afraid of VBA code you can enter the developer environment by hitting [alt]+[F11], e.g. for extending the attack library with more screenshots and settings
** in that case search for: "LibraryThrows", " LibraryAttack", "Picture", "CBAttackHelp.AddItem"
* if the macro stops working after some uses then delete it and get a fresh file from the download package (keeping the input_and_output folder clean might also help to avoid random bugs)

download over here

* Screenshots of macro GUI
* Demo video "Creating forward throws for Oni with help of excel"

Last edited by paradox-01 (03/26/12 13:03)

#83 03/25/12 17:03

EdT
Website

That looks awesome!  Unfortunately, I only have Excel 2000, so the program does not recognize the file sad

#84 03/25/12 22:03

gmsly

EdT wrote:

That looks awesome!  Unfortunately, I only have Excel 2000, so the program does not recognize the file sad

Even Schools do not teach this version of EXCEL now,  i thing you should update the software. we all l ook forward to your work

#85 03/25/12 23:03

EdT
Website

Actually, I use Excel 2008 on the Mac, but it doesn't support Visual basic macros.  I really don't have a need for the PC version, well, maybe to run this macro smile

#86 03/26/12 05:03

paradox-01

Hm, you might cosider to install the 60 days Windows trail version of excel. Mac computers can run such things on bootcamp, right?

Last edited by paradox-01 (03/26/12 05:03)

#87 03/26/12 09:03

Samer
Website

You can install open office a free equivalent for Microsoft Office.
http://www.openoffice.org/why/

Last edited by Samer (03/26/12 09:03)

#88 03/26/12 09:03

EdT
Website

Well, if/when I'm able to make a new throw animation, then I will use the trial version of Excel smile

Paradox: At 12:30 in the tutorial video, is that a new back throw kick that you made? 

Samer: Does OpenOffice runs Excel macros such as the TRAMimporter?

#89 03/26/12 13:03

paradox-01

I know the fw throw is quite boring. If you want the bk, you can get it from input_and_output\finished_demofiles.

Last edited by paradox-01 (03/26/12 13:03)

#90 08/24/12 19:08

Samer
Website

Question: we said that output fram rate should be 60 fps to match Oni's, can modifying output frame rate help make animations faster in anyway ? Example importing a tram and then exporting it at a modified frame rate to make the move faster, without having to cut any frames.

#91 09/09/12 06:09

paradox-01

"we said that output fram rate should be 60 fps to match Oni's, can modifying output frame rate help make animations faster in anyway ? Example importing a tram and then exporting it at a modified frame rate to make the move faster, without having to cut any frames."
You simply would have to try it.

Forking a talk from various particle thread since it's about anim creation itself and not about setting the aiming in relation of the bone which i thought we would discuss sooner or later.
So...

ltemplar wrote:

"When finish remove all IK chains and helpers normally it will kill animation, but if we set all frames for every bone properly, then the animation for bones should stay intact.

If tests fail please upload the rigged and animated file nonetheless. I would like to give it a try with xsi scripting.

#92 09/09/12 06:09

Samer
Website

'you simply would have to try it'
ok tongue thanks i guess ..
However i think if modders, colaborate more we can acheive more .. My thing is characters, lucas levels and scripts, script 10 scripts, u have shown to be great at animations and particles, so i threw the question in case someone good at xsi and animations has the time to try it .. Since i don't ... smile

and to the topic .. Last time i asked mukade to make casey a new heavy kick .. He was trying that method u and ltemplar are talking about .. U may want to contact him and ask him if it worked ..

#93 09/09/12 07:09

ltemplar

There is a much simpler method for this, simply grab all bones, go to doopsheet and scale them (shrink) to desired frame longness(you can even tap the scale number there(50% , 20% , etc). Then memorize(or wrote) where attack frames begins and ends, and then correct them in xml.
Wola.. you successfully have shorten time needed for putting successful strike on the opponent.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 07:09)

#94 09/09/12 07:09

Samer
Website

I didn't understand .. How do u shrink the 'longeness' in dopesheet ? Won't that cut the frames at the end ?
All the time i worked in the dopesheet i never saw a place where u could tap 50 .. 20 can u make a short vid or post screenshots sad

also .. Maybe u could answer this question that i've suffered to find an answer for  ..
in xsi .. Say i want to move the pelivs on the x axis 2 units but, In all frames .. Is there an easy way to do that without having to manually edit each frame .. ? Can i somehow move it only in 1 frame and have it apply to the following frames as well ?

and is there a way to copy animations/frames from a body part and apply them to another ..

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 09:09)

#95 09/09/12 09:09

ltemplar

Guss.. i wrote this not as i should. Scaling frames is simply moving frames on shorten positions. For example you want some frames to be shrined by 50%..You need to take itch frame you want to get shorter , divided it mathematically, by 2 and then set it right .For example you have the animation composed from 5 frames the frames are in position 10, 20 , 30 , 40 , 50 so you have animation that start at frame 0 and end in frame 50.
if you want for example shorten it by 50% you need to divided all frames  by 2 and move frame 1(10) on  frame 5-th position(10/2=5) frame 20 on frame 10 , frame 30 on frame 15  , frame 40 on frame 20 and frame 50 on frame 25, for all selected components. I think you understand that there is some magical tool to do this but there is not(probably , but I don't know all plug ins , so I can be wrong .).Sorry for misunderstanding.
Off course.. somebody can writ a script for doing this operation by automatic.But until then.. we need to make this process manually I'm afraid.

"and is there a way to copy animations/frames from a body part and apply them to another .."
I don't understand what you're asking for ? Copy frames from one object and then past them to another or i get something wrong?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 09:09)

#96 09/09/12 09:09

Samer
Website

Yeah that's what i usually do tongue but still that would mean u have to delete some frames .. Cz if u move frame 10 to frame 5 .. Then u move frame 5 to frame 0 .. Frame 4, 3, 2 and 1 have no where to go .. Hope u got what i mean .. Was hoping there would be an easy way that preserves all frames but just make the animation run faster .. As if u applied an opposite carousel cheat but to individual moves or the way u can select playback speed in xsi ..

Thanks for answering though, i do appreciate ur help smile

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 09:09)

#97 09/09/12 09:09

ltemplar

Ohh.. now i get what you want.. No there is no way to make something like this.. BTW. for what purpose you need frames 4,3,2? one frame is 1/60 of the second you don't even noticed that there are gone..For such short times its better even to create 2 position without playing witch proper transformation for them(nobody even noticed, even if char will be of the ground or start floating around)It's to fast
If you want to play witch speed then you simply need to change in options that 1 frame isn't 60 seconds..but 15 for example or 30.. but i don't know if this will be even identified by oni engine.

#98 09/09/12 09:09

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

If you want to play witch speed then you simply need to change in options that 1 frame isn't 60 seconds..but 15 for example or 30.. but i don't know if this will be even identified by oni engine.

yeah that's what i was asking if the engine would identify that ..
for ur method i said frame 4,3,2,1 as example .. But if a move is 50 frames .. Moving the 50 th frame to position 25 then frame 49 is at position 24, frame 48 is at 23 and so on .. Eventually the first 25 frames are cut ..

#99 09/09/12 09:09

ltemplar

Guising i was wrong.. There is a way to shrink frames automatically. You simply need to select all frames ,and then tab and hold middle mouse button..it will shorten(like scaling) the frames.. try it out. On my version of XSI is working so it should work on yours also..
It will probably automatically cut unneeded frames though(so use it witch caution.. but I don't saw  any loss in quality of animation doing this, so I guess that's not a problem.).
It's good that there is a option like this...

#100 09/09/12 10:09

Samer
Website

if u mean in the animation editor that only changes the view .. if u mean in the dopesheet then nothing happens .. autodesk xsi 7.5

Board footer