Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/19/09 04:11

Nicoli319197

Insta-quit.

Hai there.

First off, Im a total freaking noob with most programs programming, installing basic software exc. Knowing this, I wasn't too surprised when I followed all of the directions for Oni AE and it didn't work. The problem: It auto quits. (Like seriously, the app doesn't even have the chance to fully display its icon in the Dock.)

So, Please halp, Iv got no freaking clue what to do now.

If it'll help at all, I'll list the things I did upon downloading the AE package.

Found it in the downloads section, Ditched the OSX edition folder (I couldn't use it's Oni or installer) Used the other edition folder, dragged it into my Original Oni folder, Ran the installer, went global, installed about four mods that came with the installer, attempted to run the Oni that was inside the Edition folder and watched as it didn't even mount. (then I furiously clicked it for about a minute and a half.)

System specs: 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OSX 10.5.8

Thanks in advance. (Oh and yeah, I did download the MAC version of AE)

#2 11/19/09 04:11

Gumby

Re: Insta-quit.

1. Does normal Oni work?

2. Can we see your Install.log and Globalize.log ?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 11/19/09 19:11

EdT
Website

Can you post a screenshot of the original GameDataFolder and the GameDataFolder located in the Edition folder.

What was the "other edition folder" that you used?

#4 11/20/09 05:11

Nicoli319197

My bad, I figured it out a couple of minutes after I posted this thread. (sorry 'bout that v.v)

It turns out that the Edition version of Oni just wouldn't respond, so I took the Gamedata folder from the Edition and swapped places with the original and booted it up using the original Oni. Now it works perfectly, No bugs, no glitches, no mishaps. Thanks for the speedy responses, you guys are awesome.

#5 11/20/09 08:11

Stevinlewis

lols welcome btw!~

#6 11/20/09 09:11

northero
Website

O.o Is this the first time I saw u ? Anyway welcome to OCF  big_smile

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

Board footer