Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#501 08/18/11 09:08

Mukade

Re: Various New characters Project

Yeah, I don't blame you smile

And yeah, it would make more sense to see some progression in Barabas from Pre-Daodan (or at least implanted, but not latent (?) I guess)

I'm mostly suggesting thing because I think it would add a small bit to the story, and I want to see what you come up with for the regular Barabas. Mostly, it'd just involve taking off the mutations, and changing skin color, so you won't be remaking the face, but I want to see what he looks like under all that smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#502 08/18/11 13:08

Lukas Kreator

Yeah, but I guess he was strengthened by the mutation? I mean, he's stronger physically now (stronger and stronger smile)...

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/18/11 13:08)

#503 08/18/11 14:08

Yoriko

He wouldnt be as big and bulky and his attacks wouldnt knock you 30 meters away from him, it would be nice IMO if Barabas really would be stronger the second time you meet him from the first.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#504 08/18/11 14:08

Mukade

Well, he has the Boss Shield second time smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#505 08/19/11 05:08

Samer
Website

sorry Iritscen but i got to clarify this :\
@ mukade that's not entirely true .. that's not how the skull team originated ...
1- i updated the grey fury by paradox and put a skull logo... 2- edt told me there are more regenerating characters ... 3- I wanted to make them and Edt suggested they could be the skull team ! ...

EdT wrote:

She looks great, in a mean way :-)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Paradox made more AI's in the grey outfit with regeneration.  Maybe you can make them the "skull" team.

4- you and leus had an idea about that mod where it involved different characters (skull team not mentioned) 
5- you asked to use the skull team for your mod and said i should hurry up with it, and i said ok ^_^ but they weren't originally meant for your mod. just to be accurate ^^

Last edited by Samer (08/19/11 21:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#506 08/19/11 11:08

Yoriko

Samer wrote:

the grey fury would be guarding shinatama

If a regenerating character is alone it would be considerably much easier to kill her then if she had backup. (like at the end of the atmospheric proccesion center exterior) she would also have trouble using her regeneration if you get your hands on the phase projector that fury carries.

Samer wrote:

i'm not sure about kojiro yet :\ the
last level u could easily make him fall off .. and it takes a lot of time to reach that position.

How about he replaces the truck driver? big_smile

Last edited by Yoriko (08/19/11 11:08)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#507 08/19/11 12:08

Samer
Website

let's discuss this on the various character project thread. Iritscen feel free to move the related posts.

#508 08/19/11 17:08

Iritscen

Sure, I just didn't know offhand which thread the posts belonged in, so now I've moved them over here.  Yoriko, please try to post in the correct thread in the future.  It's okay to comment directly on a pic someone posts in Screenshots, but general modding project talk makes the thread painful for people who are trying to just look at the pretty pictures.  And sorry, Samer, you'll have to make a new post in Screenshots if you wanted your "all the lights" picture to be in there.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#509 08/19/11 21:08

Samer
Website

thx Iritscen although mukade's post disappeared so it looks like I'm talking to myself tongue

no matter big_smile

anyway how does this sound ?

Regenerating Tanker Airport Cargo hangars save point 1 instead of the tanker carrying the SBG, removing all other enemies from the area. I tried it he's a tough opponent, barely made it.

Grey Fury Guarding shinatama,
Yoriko u said it's better to have backup, she will have back up there by 2 easy furies ... u also said the phase projector makes it easier to stop her regeneration .. well there is a phase projector in the end of the atmospheric proccesion center exterior as well smile
I'm not too crazy about the place u suggested because the area is very small, she doesn't have enough room to run and use the regeneration properly. and i could just make her spawn without a weapon u know tongue
I'll also remove the many enemies u encounter before u reach that room.

For Kojiro ...
I don't want to change any major character appearance so i'm not going to replace Barabas .. also if kojiro falls off the TCTF HQ .. he dies while Barabas has a jet pack ...

I don't want to put him as the last comguy for same reason, u can make him fall easily ... so i may put him on the satellite platform itself ,  problem with that, is that it takes a lot of time to reach that place big_smile i'm hoping for faster appearances so one can play this mod as soons as they want .. same applies to being truck driver .. although that place does sound interesting.
therefore i may put him instead of the red_fury that appears carrying the screaming cannon when u crash the truck in, beginning of savepoint 3.

#510 10/01/11 06:10

s10k
Website

I have an idea for a new character. Konoko Droid, something like the afro samurai droid:

Afro_Samurai_ep_31-46.jpg
afro_droid.jpg

http://afrosamurai.wikia.com/wiki/Afro_Droid

#511 10/01/11 12:10

Yoriko

A little tribute to Ghost in the shell which the game developers of Oni was much inspired by? ^^
Seems like a good idea to be honest, how about she has the same droid parts on her face as Shini? big_smile

Last edited by Yoriko (10/01/11 12:10)

#512 10/01/11 12:10

Samer
Website

mmm I'm not making that tongue but yeah good idea whoever wants to give it a try should do so.

#513 10/02/11 10:10

paradox-01

When you want to make new characters you might give Sculptris a shot. It seems to be a nice tool for making meshes from scratch.

A few days ago I installed version Alpha 6 and so far no bugs have appeared.
Best of all: it's for Mac and Windows and it's free, you just need to give them a valid email address so you can download the program.

Edit: If you don't want to give them an e-mail at all try following link: PC / Mac (Didn't hack or anything, just direct links. ^_^)

input: *.obj
output: *.obj

It also feature 3d painting but that option is somewhat underdeveloped because there are neither layers nor effects AFAIK. The advantage is that the painting goes smoother than in PS: The brush goes better over separated UVs and there's no lag-frame-syndrome like when playing a game on HQ settings.

The texture would have to be saved separately. (paint mode: [x] Show advanced tools, save texmap)

Mod Tools might be later useful to further decrease the triangle count and spliting the model if you created it as one mesh.

Modifying existing Oni models don't seem a good option since Sculptris subdivide the single body parts and then when you change them little annoying gaps emerge.

If you want to sculpt in symmetry mode and use a reference at the same time: create first the symmetric object and as second import the asymmetric reference.
Create additional objects with Control + N. In symmetry mode create one sphere by spawning it in the center. That's needed for pelvis, mid, etc. For instance arms and legs need the double sphere.

some keymapping
press G once to deform, press twice to move whole object
spacebar for brush settings
alt + mouse to move cam
control + Z to undo last step

'Stick figure' with furys as reference.
Sculptris_Alpha_6_demonstration.jpg

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/05/11 06:10)

#514 01/24/12 18:01

Samer
Website

is there anyway we could convert a c4d file to a dae or obj so they can be used in xsi ?

i need to convert these http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/fre … del/315103
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/fre … del/316133
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I … /ID/316131
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- … ead/330497

the hair mainly is what interests me

Last edited by Samer (01/24/12 18:01)

#515 01/24/12 19:01

EdT
Website

Google search produced: http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/

#516 01/29/12 04:01

Samer
Website

Question : What makes the characters run away from the mad bomber's explosion .. I was playing with shinatamabot and I noticed out of my custom characters only Casey and shinibot ran away from the explosion :\ I mush have forgotten to add something to the ONCC of the other characters, what is it :S ?

#517 01/29/12 17:01

Samer
Website

my final university semester starts tomorrow so I'm going to be away for a while again. I released the grey fury 2.0 shinibot 2.0 and the skull team fight during this vacation, next time I'm here i'd release the bgi collection: boss, hydra, typhoon, bgi trooper, bgi hammer updated agents and executives. Goldent TCTF class and if Iritscen releases hd griffin a new griffin armor and maybe give casey and hayate another update. Meanwhile i'd really appreciate it if someone who wants to mod animations makes some moves for them, wink at mukade tongue the models are mainly done they just need some new moves. i'm also tempted to release the bgi female boss with a mix of moves from what i have, give her some of hayate's moves for example.

#518 01/29/12 18:01

EdT
Website

Samer: Thanks for the models, I wish you well in your final semester.

#519 01/29/12 21:01

Iritscen

Yes, thanks for keeping things active around here, now study hard! smile

#520 02/11/12 09:02

Samer
Website

#521 02/11/12 09:02

TOCS

Yeah, but wouldn't they need to serious workarounds? I mean, the polycount is definitely higher than anything we've seen in Oni yet.

#522 02/11/12 09:02

Iritscen

Just because we *can* import any model doesn't mean we should ;-)  This is ignoring the issues of having to convert the models to the 19-bone system and reduce polys, and simply pointing out the question of good taste.

#523 02/11/12 10:02

Dirk Gently
Website

higher poly count will cause rendering problems due to engine limitations. and unfortunately that cannot just be resolved by wishing we could do more with it as it is part of the graphics pipeline which at this point would require it to be re-written if any seriously high poly stuff was going to be used. something that none of us can do.

#524 02/11/12 10:02

Samer
Website

I'm not saying we 'should' because we can smile .. I'm saying if any one "wants to" and likes them then hey there they are... lara croft was imported, typhoon was imported, alien was imported ... so why not assassin's creed .. just suggesting in case any one would like to give them a try, and it doesn't mean we have to import them as is. The 2nd for example would give me good parts for the golden tctf, and it looks better than the alien model as a bgi trooper imo, the final one could go anywhere and be made into a new awesome character after some texturing. There are people interested in importing new models, i'm just giving a suggestion to start from.

@ Dirk : interesting, u were the one who told me to attempt higher poly models, and said don't worry about the buffer overflow thing it's going to be fixed.

so makes me wonder is anyone actually trying to fix that buffer overflow issue ?

P.S : of course they are not going to be used as is, of course they need poly lowering .. it's not an impossible task though. I did it for the bgi com girl. EdT did it for lara ...

Last edited by Samer (02/11/12 10:02)

#525 02/11/12 10:02

paradox-01

I actually would like to see a second Mecha so the ID has a mate to play with.
The Freedom has less round shapes than the others so he might be best for poly reductions if someone chooses to mod/'recycle' him?

Board footer