#702 05/16/13 09:05

EdT
Website

Re: Various New characters Project

Samer: I was able to pose the model:

Motoko_Tpose.jpg

Here are the updated files, I fixed the hair the best I could:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1869/Motoko.zip

For your reference I used a program called xnalara to open the mesh file, pose the model and then export as .obj. 
You can get the program here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=147100

#703 05/16/13 12:05

tens

It looks amazing!!!

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#704 05/16/13 17:05

Samer
Website

that's good Edt smile I'll work on it over the weekend. I feel the chest mid juncture will give me some trouble because of the jacket extending over the 2 parts .. I'll see how it will work out.
P.S : I'm not too crazy about the face expression .. I might change that a bit.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#705 05/19/13 11:05

Samer
Website

I have to apologize, i haven't been able to work on it, i'm getting more frequent power cuts, I'm not sure when i'll be able to.

#706 05/19/13 17:05

EdT
Website

No need to apologize for something out of your control.

#707 05/23/13 15:05

Samer
Website

admittedly this is a stupid question .. but after like 15 mins of frustration
I don't know how to use the onsiplt commands .. I've always used the gui ... and I read the wiki here http://wiki.oni2.net/OniSplit
I want to extract ONCC konoko as dae with -noanim tag ... the location is here : G:\Oni\MyProjects\Sources\level0\ONCCk4_C.oni
how do i write the command ? I'm using Vago's manual command feature
I'm writing -extract:dae -noanim G:\Oni\MyProjects\Sources\level0\ONCCk4_C.oni
this is obviously wrong somehow .. so what's the right command

and please, could we just dumb down the wiki page a bit more ? for onsiplit commands, every new modder always asks about them, and I just avoid them ... example at least an example would be tremendously helpful. give an example of a location C:\oni\oncckonoko_generic  .. or whatever and write the command under it. this
-extract:dae <target directory> <filenames> .. isn't clear enough imo.

I used to use MS-Dos commands on windows2.1 or something. Intuitively for me if i want to conver that file to dae and put it in Myprojects folder: the command should be something like this : convert G:\Oni\MyProjects\Sources\level0\ONCCk4_C.oni  dae -noanim G:\Oni\MyProjects

Last edited by Samer (05/23/13 15:05)

#708 05/24/13 08:05

Iritscen

I don't agree that using a sample directory is easier to understand than listing parameters the way the page already does.  Right now the phrasing is clear and succinct without the complications and confusion that could come from making up a Windows hierarchy (and then what about people in Linux and OS X?).  So I'm afraid that has to stay as it is.

I know that the logic behind OniSplit's syntax is initially confusing, but we really can't do anything about that.  Neo thought it made the most sense to always have the directory as the first parameter and the file as the second parameter, regardless of which direction the operation is going in.  This is non-standard, but once you keep that rule in mind -- folder first, file (sometimes also a folder) second -- it gets much easier.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#709 05/24/13 08:05

EdT
Website

Samer: I let Neo know that currently -noanim produces a folded model, not a standing model as stated in the wiki page.  We just have to wait until he has time to fix this issue and the issue with not extracting and creating obj files.

In the meantime, just manually rotate the body parts to get a standing pose, I do that all the time.

#710 05/24/13 10:05

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

I don't agree that using a sample directory is easier to understand than listing parameters the way the page already does.  Right now the phrasing is clear and succinct without the complications and confusion that could come from making up a Windows hierarchy (and then what about people in Linux and OS X?).  So I'm afraid that has to stay as it is.

clear to those who are used to them ... sure. Clear to those who are unfamiliar with commands or new to modding : no they are not, since you are familiar with them, they'll seem easy, but someone who doesn't know them, like me can be more objective tongue and as we did with the AE tips startup window, we should dumb down things to the average user ...there's no reason why an example can't be given, any tutorial always states an example. (an example can also be given for mac and linux if that's an issue) the page won't be messed up or become untidy or whatever if an example is added. Keyword added not replace anything.
Example i still don't know what's wrong with the command i used, can you tell me ?
Edt ok i suspected that it could be an Onisplit issue, I'm used to manually rotating it but was hoping to save some time as i don't have much free time lately, and it's kinda tedious to do manually ...

Last edited by Samer (05/24/13 19:05)

#711 05/24/13 12:05

Iritscen

You mean this command?

I'm writing -extract:dae -noanim G:\Oni\MyProjects\Sources\level0\ONCCk4_C.oni

Where is the destination folder?  The syntax given was "-extract:dae <target directory> <filenames>" and you left out the middle part smile

#712 05/24/13 14:05

uroboros

What about finished examples of commands.
for me it would make understanding this easier.  roll

#713 05/24/13 14:05

Iritscen

Guys, seriously.  These commands are just three parts: the option, the folder, and the file.  Always in that order.

#714 05/24/13 16:05

EdT
Website

Vago has a feature where you can copy the command generated by it, then you can see the command structure.  Though I think I use the command line maybe less than 5% of the time, the Vago GUI makes extracting and converting very easy.

#715 05/24/13 17:05

Samer
Website

could we at least clarify it further on the wiki ?
-extract:dae <target directory> <filenames>

example the target directory could be clarified : it is where you want the file to be created ... at first I thought that's where the file I want to convert is.
and filename ...  that should be clarified that it means full path to the file .. not filename ...
and also a note should be made that spaces shouldn't be used in the paths  (can it accept paths with spaces if they're put in " " ?)

since both uroboros and I have had trouble with onisplit commands .. further clarification won't hurt, if you're opposed to the adding examples idea ... would be helpful for future modders as well. (even if we got it now, a time will come when others won't)

Last edited by Samer (05/24/13 17:05)

#716 05/24/13 21:05

Iritscen

Okay, those are some good points.  "Target" is actually pretty ambiguous, now that you mention it.  See, this is the kind of specific feedback we need to improve things smile  I'll see what I can do about the page tomorrow (headed to bed).  But yes, paths with spaces can be used if you enclose them in quotes.

#717 05/24/13 22:05

Samer
Website

Thanks Iritscen.

#718 05/26/13 11:05

Iritscen

Well, I made a first pass at the OniSplit page.  Do things seems clearer?  Anything I forgot?  (Also, do you want me to break these wiki-related posts into a new thread?)

#719 05/26/13 17:05

Samer
Website

Thanks for all the work Iritscen, it's highly appreciated. I liked the color coding :)yes it's better now ..
I have one inquiry though, it says: whether destination or source the path to folder always comes first ... I didn't get the ''whether destination or source'' part.
I thought it's always like this : (1.command) (2.destination folder where the output is created) (3. full path to input file aka source folder and file), meaning second always destination and third always source.
what I understood from the wiki is that both can be either destination or source ?
would this command be right then ?
-extract:dae G:\Oni\sources\ONCCkonoko_generic G:\output

Last edited by Samer (05/26/13 18:05)

#720 05/26/13 18:05

Iritscen

I thought it's always like this : (1.command) (2.destination folder where the output is created) (3. full path to input file aka source folder and file), meaning second always destination and third always source

Nope, it's just that it usually works out that way because you're usually outputting to a folder, not using it as input.  But the actual rule that Neo used is "folder first, file second".  Destination and source have no bearing on the syntax.  Notice the syntax for the -import command: the folder comes first, but it's the source, not the destination.

would this command be right then ?
-extract:dae G:\Oni\sources\ONCCkonoko_generic G:\output

You left out the suffix on the ONCC, but regardless, it's wrong smile  If you look at the line that documents the -extract:dae command, it follows the rule "folder first", so you'd put output/ first and the ONCC second.  OniSplit is quite consistent with this rule.  Of course, I noted that sometimes both parameters are a folder.  It appears that -create (no colon) works this way.  In this case, the secondary rule is apparently that the destination folder comes before the source folder.

#721 06/04/13 17:06

EdT
Website

Samer: It appears that you are busy on other projects, so I thought I would try to bring the Motoko model into Oni.  I got permission from the creator to use his model.  Did you start work on it?

#722 06/04/13 20:06

Samer
Website

:$ sorry Edt .. i was really excited to do it, but when the -anim tag didn't work I put it on hold and then i kinda got busy with hidden treasure and fight club mods and I'm working on an updates now for smp conversion :$ i was planning to maybe start on her this weekend, but it's best I think if you start on her. If you run into any trouble tell me if i can help.
Remember to make the joints have rounded extremities example the thighs here if they're cut form the pelvis they'll be triangular at the pelvis thigh joint,so you'll need to fill them with something (for hanako i actually merged the top of the thighs from hd konoko to them) and to close the holes when you cut the pelvis so no triangular stuff sticks out like kitiana ... tell me if you run into trouble and if i can help in any way. good luck smile

#723 06/05/13 18:06

EdT
Website

I'm sure I'll need your help for the finishing touches, thanks

#724 06/21/13 16:06

EdT
Website

Samer: What MeleeID do you recommend for the Hammer?

#725 06/21/13 18:06

Samer
Website

Hi EdT .. actually I struggled with what melee Id to give him ... but the hard elite one should work well enough as discussed here: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 044#p44044
he will abuse his heavy kick though quite a bit.

I will make him a new melee Id one day once I release more of the BGI characters.

Board footer