Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/16/09 13:10

JadeWolf

Heya + probs

Heya guys!
Been a while. Doubt anyone here remembers me. wink

So I've upgraded to a new (at last) iMac running Leopard, decided to see how my old game Oni ran. Got back into the rhythm fairly quickly (with my outdated titan mode and hacked moves), but what good new mods are out there now in the last two years since I was here last?

Also, two problems plague me - one, the mouse sticking problem ,http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1102 seems exactly like the one here. However, I am probably running an extremely old OniDM, and downloading new versions may help (if anyone could give a a nice list of links to the lastest Mac highlights?) - it did last time, when I upgraded to osx in the first place.

The other small prob is the dev mode function keys, like for shapeshifting and weapon scrolling, don't work - my f7,f8,f9 keys are bound to iTunes, a fact which hasn.t disappointed me before now, and f1 (menu) is brightness. I solved the menu problem by binding it to another key, but how do you change the keys for the dev mode specialities, if it's possible?

#2 10/16/09 14:10

Iritscen

Re: Heya + probs

Hi JadeWolf.  You're right, I don't remember you big_smile  But then again, you joined several months before me, so I think that's my excuse.

As far as mods go, I won't play favorites myself, but will just point you to the Mod Depot.  You can filter the mods by which are Mac-compatible.  Most importantly, if you install the new Anniversary Edition first, you can then install the mods on the Depot that are in the package format.

The latest patched Mac app can always be found at http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:OMNI these days, but I think it probably won't fix your sticking mouse issue.  If it's only happening once in a while, then I'm afraid you're in the same boat as we are, grinning and bearing it until a fix becomes possible.

As far as the F-keys go, have you tried holding down the Fn key while hitting an F-key in Oni?  Also, you can go into your Keyboard preferences and look for the checkbox that has to do with using the Fn key with the F-keys.  If you turn it on like I have, then you can directly press the F-Key in Oni's Dev Mode, and for iTunes (or any of the other things those keys do) you hold the Fn key while pressing those keys (I don't use them enough to be bothered by the extra key press).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer