Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/15/09 03:10

Leus
Website

Survival: RELEASE!

Well hell, I finished my mod/script.  Hope you guys like it.  I think it can potentially involve a lot more strategy than it initially seems.

Also there are a lot of save points so don't get discouraged.  smile

Anyway, enjoy, and let me know if I messed anything up like if I forgot a hypo any round (note:  Sometimes your teammates have the hypo, and bots don't drop hypos.)

big_smile

Edit:

The BSL should be the ONLY file in your compound folder.

The package should not be installed alongside any other Compound-specific ones like Samoko's Final Fight.

Requires several mods to work properly:  Motoko, New Characters (NinjaBot and BGI), White Chief, Black Chief, Grey Fury, Shinatama Too, Shinatama Bot, Casey and Kojiro.

Download including all required packages:  http://www.mediafire.com/?ztjmnitz0y0

EDIT:  LINK AND ATTACHMENT UPDATED 10/15/09 5:00 PM EST

Last edited by Leus (10/15/09 16:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/15/09 06:10

doctordulit

Re: Survival: RELEASE!

Great script!
But I always wondere why,all wanna make script's/mods on compound?
Yes,its very good level,but I think Bio-Lab is better...
But this is not important because this script(mod?) is excellent!

I have ice,and I can use it!!
Now I dont have ice,but I still can use it!!
Now I have ice,but i forgot how I can use it...xD

#3 10/15/09 10:10

Samer
Website

Man That was FREAKING AWESOME tongue !! & I don't throw freaking awesome around tongue !! LOVED the backup cut-scenes ... loved the music changes (especially when shini came !) loved the variety ^_^ LOVED the final round big_smile colorful ^_^

Loved how all my babies were in there :$ ! 

I didn't see the grey fury though :S I don't have her installed where was she supposed to appear ?

I saw Konoko fury big_smile !! did u add her on purpose or did she spawn instead of evil konoko by accident

I DO have some suggestions :

Could u remove the sniper form konoko's backup :S or at least give him very limited ammo :S ? he sucked the fun out of it :S

in the round when I'm supposed to fight casey and shinatama too i was looking forward to it ...  the round just before had the sniper backup i think, and he survived shot casey 3 times and shinibot 2 times I didn't get a chance to fight either of them at all :S

I had to eventually turn on reservoirdogs and kill the stupid sniper myself ^_^

also the screamer cannon early in the rounds makes it way easy especially with all those energy cells around ... I didn't use it though ... maybe keep it only to the before last with the white chief ...

also why didn't u make barabus and mukade glow tongue ? they have daodan glow now tongue
and casey too ^_^

and no appearance from mutant muro tongue ?

but it was great I died 52 times  lol  :$ I played it alternating btw casey shnbot motoko and konokofury which was loads of fun XD

I will upload it to the depot big_smile once u say it' final

I'm amazed by how fast u made all this and how well made it is ^_^ Great job buddy !

Inspirational really ^_^

I wish I could combine this with my final battle mod ... once the 70 rounds are over my version of the final battle begins with a save point too tongue that would be so cool tongue

I'm gonna play it again big_smile

Last edited by Samer (10/15/09 11:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 10/15/09 11:10

Samer
Website

also in the inclusive package :

Please include this version of motoko package which has the character variant fix, or else a fury may spawn instead of her ... and also this new package fixes the issue where the AI motoko appears with flipped backwards textures and has the new face texture and tweaked moves and fixed hit impacts.

http://mods.oni2.net/node/81

Last edited by Iritscen (11/04/09 15:11)

#5 10/15/09 11:10

Leus
Website

big_smile I'm glad you guys liked it.

Grey Fury appears once with Konoko and once with two BGI furies.

Yes, the enemy Konoko has RandomCostume so if you have Fury Konoko installed that is possible.  I originally had her set as Fury Konoko but for some reason when I killed her she just disappeared instead of turning into a body.

Hmm....  I dunno about the sniper situation.  I can see how that would kind of ruin the fun on the Shinatama round which, by the way, is the most dynamic round in the game (round 63).  There are several slightly different things that can happen in it.  I think since it's already a super eerie round I'll just have all your teammates freeze in time during it.  Sounds cool to me.  smile

And does the screamer really make it that easy?  I thought enemies were good about running away from projectiles now...  Hm.  I'll have to check that out.

And Barabas and Mukade totally glow on my game.  I even included your Daodan Glow package in my ALL INCLUSIVE download file.  Dunno what's up with that...

Anyway, yeah I'm really stoked on how fast/well I made it too.  Thanks, man.

So I'll do the teammie freeze thing on the Shinitama round...  Not quite sure what to do about the screaming cannon.  You think I should just remove it?  Superball would definitely make it too easy though...  There aren't enough weapons lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#6 10/15/09 11:10

Samer
Website

they can dodge it but if u knock them down and shoot them they die instantly tongue

and sounds cool to make them freeze during that round since it makes it more scary and illusion like tongue

about the screamer cannon ... maybe remove it since it's really useless in the AI's hands very easy to dodge ... don't forget there are the new weapons package btw tongue chain gun and all that big_smile

I don't know why they don't glow with mine  :S I'll retest it ..

and what abt mutant muro tongue ?

and my previous post abt motoko

#7 10/15/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Oh yeah, I dunno...  Screw Mutant Muro lol.  Actually I should totally make Muro transform in round 70, huh?  I'll look into that.

I'll remove the screamer, yeah.  Probably for the best.  Dunno what I'll do in its stead...  SBG?  Seems cheap, but actually maybe it won't be that bad.

Oh yeah the new weapons...  I've never gandered those because I was never really too keen on Oni's weapons.  Maybe I'll see what the new ones are all about.

And the Motoko thing, I thought I downloaded the right version from the depot but maybe not.  I downloaded the one you linked to there so I'll update the inclusive package with it soon.

#8 10/15/09 11:10

Samer
Website

hehe I never liked mutant muro either tongue

and I said before I prefer melee than weapons  xD

a real cool thing would be normal muro tongue with mutant muro's shield and electricity big_smile it is doable ^_^ I might do that as a package with a new type of mad bomber I have in mind big_smile

#9 10/15/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Awesome.  Dude I love all these new characters/character mods you're making.  I know I've said it before but it really is awesome and inspiring to me.  I should really start looking into it.

#10 10/15/09 13:10

Samer
Website

Leus I just replayed it and with the sniper dead and round 63 tongue and waw what a surprise !! I didn't see that coming, Brilliant big_smile and so suitable for our joint story !

but again I wish u could move that round further from round 60 ...cz if I had Griffin of round 60 survive till round 63 and there will be 2 griffin's at the same time fighting each other or fighting casey tongue which really makes no sense xD

EDIT : I thought that would happen X$ but when Griffin survived he didn't appear in the Boss battle with casey tongue U apparently thought of that .. really impressive

Last edited by Samer (10/15/09 13:10)

#11 10/15/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Whaaat?

Oh!  I forgot to enable the variable that prevents that when you load the save point.  Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it.

And I think I'll just tell you since it's probably impossible to actually pull off, but if you somehow protect Casey for 30 rounds until Griffin comes and then he sees Griffin die, he will have a daodan spike and go into overpower mode, putting him back above full health and probably providing a good ally for the final rounds.

#12 10/15/09 14:10

Samer
Website

no i was wrong X$ he didn't appear

u mean no matter what side he's on if he sees griffin of the same side die he'll have a daoden spike big_smile ? I want to learn BSL now tongue !!

Last edited by Samer (10/15/09 14:10)

#13 10/15/09 14:10

Samer
Website

Leus when u're ready for it, tell me to upload it to the dept so it's available for more people smile

#14 10/15/09 14:10

Iritscen

Hmm, you seem to know how to use the Edit post feature, but you *still* double-posted in a span of three minutes... ^_^

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#15 10/15/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Alright, yeah I was gonna say the script should have actually been working right.

Well, I made it needlessly more complicated.  I actually made that round way more complicated in the BSL than I needed to like 5 times.  I really don't need half those variables...  Lol.  BUT.  Anyway, I did that, and I also took out the screaming cannon.  And I made your team blind on the Shinatama round, so they can still help but they're weird and worse off and the sniper shouldn't be a problem.

^Updated the first post with the new download.

#16 10/15/09 15:10

Phydur

um, did you update the attachment, the link, or both?

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#17 10/15/09 15:10

Samer
Website

Iritscen just wondering is there a limit and the forum can only hold a certain amount of posts before it implodes ?

@Leus : also another suggestion, after the final round I think u should add konoko powerup scene and make her winlevel ... u know as a revelation for all that fighting tongue it's disappointing to just stand there after all that tongue just a thought smile

but as I said before great job.

Last edited by Samer (10/15/09 15:10)

#18 10/15/09 15:10

Leus
Website

Well the only thing is I didn't want it to go to that super long outro, and also I thought it might be cool if you managed to keep some teammates alive (dunno if that's possible lol) to have them carry over into a loop.  I dunno.

Anyway, I just played it through fully for the first time and got 21 deaths.  smile  CHALLENGE INITIATED.

Edit:  Oh, eff, I forgot to update the link.  I'll do that in a sec.

Last edited by Leus (10/15/09 15:10)

#19 10/15/09 15:10

Samer
Website

"I thought it might be cool if you managed to keep some teammates alive"

the powerup doesn't kill them ... even in the vanilla ONI several times I had Griffin and even 1 of the Black Ops knocked down when she powerups then stand up before the outro ends.

can u teach me how to add winlevel function to the end of round 70 ? i usually do it by editing BINA.. character file but that would make her win when let's say muro dies .. how can i make it when the whole round ends ?

Last edited by Samer (10/15/09 15:10)

#20 10/15/09 15:10

Leus
Website

Apparently you just put "win" whenever you want it to happen in the script.

Man, I didn't realize how long this script was gonna be if you play it start to end.  I'm glad I put all those save points.

#21 10/15/09 16:10

Leus
Website

Sorry for the double post Irit but I just wanted everyone to see that I updated the first post attachment AND link to include the new BSL.  The original update I did was only on the attachment, and I actually forgot the readme in it.  No big deal, but everything should be all good now.

#22 10/15/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Nuts.  Triple post.  But this time there are like an assload of hours in between so I justify myself.

I just wanted to say that oh yeah, Samoko, go ahead and upload this to the depot if you want.

#23 10/15/09 22:10

Mukade

yeah... i wish we had the option of deleting our own posts sad

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#24 10/16/09 01:10

Samer
Website

I asked Iritscen about that ... that there should be an option to delete our own posts .. he said that moderators have it but, if it was available for other members u would be able to delete others' posts as well not just ur own.

#25 10/16/09 07:10

Iritscen

I thought this was Forum 101 stuff, but I guess not.  The main problem with making multiple posts in a row is that it's a waste of space on the page.  Posting a single character takes a minimum amount of vertical space, right?  Because the area with your avatar and other info needs a certain amount of space in the table.  So when you post a sentence or two, then add a sentence or two in a second post, you're using much more vertical space than you would have if you tacked on those last couple sentences to the first post with an edit.  Rampant double- and triple-posting not only inflates your post count unnecessarily, it also causes the topic to go to a new page more quickly.

Also, some people just find it irritating when someone cannot communicate their thoughts without multiple posts, and they keep scrolling through posts with the same name and avatar on them.  It tends to indicate that if the person thought a bit longer before posting, or took care of one little thing first, they could have avoided spamming the Post Reply button.  Whereas an edit doesn't bother anyone.

Pretty much the only acceptable reason for a double-post is to bump a thread that has been inactive for a while.  And "a while" is not seven minutes, we're talking a day or more smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer