Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/10/09 18:10

Leus
Website

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

is awesome.

I wanted to profess more love for it in the other thread but figured, since it was off-topic, I might as well start a new thread for it.

Although it could make a really cool elaborate mod....  Change the game so that one animation is the "staking" animation and the only one that can kill if pulled off.  smile

Anyway Buffy is awesome.  Anyone like Angel?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/10/09 18:10

myplea1

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Yes I love all the Buffy Episodes and I've watched all of them and the Angel episodes too awsome series.

Awol

#3 10/10/09 19:10

levka1

buffy? damn.. its old, i remember it.. or the movie? basketball player with i might be wrong,Jim Kerry?.. Anyyyway, the best vampire episodes is Moonlight, dont argue, just check the first episode.. i gave 5 people see it, they watch it all the next 3 days.. one of the best .. tongue

#4 10/10/09 19:10

adorage

Buffy is really great. As for Angel, I didn't like his character when he was in Buffy and I liked the series even less. But it has a kickass theme.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#5 10/10/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Did you watch the whole series of Angel, adorage?

I didn't like his character in Buffy, either, but Angel was an amazing series IMO.  It was different than Buffy in a lot of ways...  Darker, more intricate.  It doesn't have the warm, secure feeling that Buffy did, and it lacked the wide array of lovable characters, but it was still super compelling and enticing.  Also Angel's character drastically improved from Buffy to Angel IMO.  They fleshed him out and played off of his broodiness well.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#6 10/10/09 20:10

Lithium

how bout simon the vampire slayer?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#7 10/10/09 21:10

Mukade

i didnt like angel either in the Buffy, but he was great in Angel, less broody, and more fun. The green guy was awesome, and the rest of em wee too, and spike was lol

go on youtube and search spike 5 funniest moments :3

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 10/10/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Yeah Lorne was awesome.  Honestly, the Groosalugg was probably my favorite character in Angel.  And Spike, of course, but I judge him residually based on Buffy too so I don't count him.

In Buffy, my top 5 characters are probably Anya, Spike, Andrew, Giles and Willow, just off the top of my head.  I feel like I'm forgetting someone especially amazing...  Hm.

#9 10/10/09 21:10

myplea1

Simon the vampire slayer? very excellent title.

Awol

#10 10/10/09 22:10

Mukade

yup... the episodeswith Groosalug or w/e were my favs for Angel xD

DO THE DANCE OF SHAME!!!

DO THE DANCE OF JOY!!!

lolz

or when in BUffy they all those their memories xD

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 10/10/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Tabula Rasa, classic.  Similar to the one in Angel where they all think they're teenagers and like trippin' balls.

#12 10/10/09 23:10

Mukade

i don't think i saw that one sad

#13 10/11/09 00:10

Leus
Website

Aw you haven't seen 'em all?  I own the box sets of both shows.

/nerd

#14 10/11/09 07:10

adorage

Leus wrote:

Did you watch the whole series of Angel, adorage?

I didn't like his character in Buffy, either, but Angel was an amazing series IMO.  It was different than Buffy in a lot of ways...  Darker, more intricate.  It doesn't have the warm, secure feeling that Buffy did, and it lacked the wide array of lovable characters, but it was still super compelling and enticing.  Also Angel's character drastically improved from Buffy to Angel IMO.  They fleshed him out and played off of his broodiness well.

No, I watched a couple of episodes which I didn't like much. But I'd give it another try - are there any episodes you can recommend in particular?

#15 10/11/09 10:10

Leus
Website

Well, it's just like Buffy.  Its true value is in the continuing arcs of the show.  If you just watch episodes at random you'd probably lose so much.  I was super dubious of the show for the first few episodes, and even throughout the first season I wasn't sure about it, but by the end of season 2 I was like "shit this is amazing," and all the way through season 5.

So...  Let me think...  If you're just gonna watch a random episode, I'll try to pick one that doesn't have a lot to do with the story arc.  Hm...

Season 2, Episode 6:  Guise Will Be Guise.  I tried not to pick anything too far into the series because some serious plots really start developing and I don't want to give anything a way just incase you ever decide to watch it.

But dude, really.  You just gotta trust Joss Whedon.  I watched Serenity and had no idea what it was; I thought it was alright.  Then I heard there was a short series it was based on, Firefly, so I decided "hell, why not, I'll give it a gander."  Firefly was pretty amazing but disappointingly cut short.  Then I heard that Buffy the Vampire Slayer was made by the same guy.  I was all "whaaaat?"  Before hearing that I would have NEVER considered watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but because I really wanted to see more Firefly but couldn't, I accepted this as a disappointing alternative.  I started watching Buffy, thought season 1 was ridiculous but somehow kind of endearing, so I kept going at a slow pace.  About half way through season 2 I started to get more into it.  By season 3 on I was rapid-fire watching episodes until the show ended, and it was INCREDIBLE.  Then, Angel lie before me.  I'd never liked Angel's character on Buffy, so I was once again quite dubious.  It took me about 4 years before I finally decided to bite the bullet and watch Angel--after watching through Buffy again for the third time.

If I ever thought there was a chance that Joss Whedon could possibly do any wrong, it was extinguished with my experience of Angel.  The man is a genius.  No matter what he does, even if he made a show about...  Angsty teenagers in high school, I would watch it no questions asked.  SOMEHOW, it would be great.  You just gotta trust Joss.

#16 10/11/09 11:10

Mukade

yeah, my dad showed me Serenity and then told me there was a series on it, and tbh, that is my favorite show ever, i can't believe it got cut short those damned critics.

#17 10/11/09 11:10

Leus
Website

I gotta admit I love Buffy and Angel more, but probably just because they were allowed to show their full potential and fulfil everything that they wanted to.

#18 10/11/09 12:10

Mukade

and Firefly was just starting to go more into the story, i WISHHH they could've expanded.... I don't think the concepts in serenity wwas were they wanted to take it, but they had to do sumthin

#19 10/11/09 13:10

adorage

Alright Leus, you convinced me. I'll give it another try ^^

#20 10/11/09 14:10

Samer
Website

Willow rocks xD !!! and Tara ! I loved Tara she was so sweet sad I love their song btw "I'm under ur spell nothing I can d u just took my soul with u"

and Anya was hilarious ... bunnies tongue

Cordelia also matured a lot once she joined Angel ...

Angel was more interesting for me except for the final season :\ I didn't like it ... it was scarier than buffy in some aspects ... she was the slayer she'll always win ... but with angel there was uncertainty ...

other characters I liked were Faith and Giles and Fred ( hated the Illirai thing hmm)
never really liked Dawn or Connor .

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#21 10/11/09 14:10

3llense'g

I really didn't like Buffy. It had some cool things and some great jokes, but overall, meh. Angel is much more to my liking, but even there, continuity is all over the place.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#22 10/11/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Yeah Angel's continuity is more loose than Buffy's.

I don't think anyone likes Dawn or Connor.

I never was a big Cordelia fan...

Tara is a great singer.  smile

Board footer