Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/24/09 11:09

Samer
Website

Motoko related question :D !!

So ok i was playing the dream level as Shinatama bot the character i made ... and when i came to the room where there are supposed to be 2 furies ... I was very surprised to see that one of them was Motoko !

I have never modified the character classes or the BIN ... files ... so why did that happen tongue ?
is motoko considered a sub class of the furies ? as I can see they have nothing in common except the base ONCC which has a different TRBS TRAC, name and everything

I must say I really enjoyed that fight though tongue !! I haven't been able to recreate it since.

but I took some screenshots of it

3951141366_9e3e04b9e3_m.jpg

3951142088_5efeb560e7_m.jpg

and since she already appeared without me modifying anything ... can i make that permanent ? (easily).. always motoko shows up there instead of the furies ...

Last edited by Samer (09/24/09 12:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 09/24/09 12:09

Gumby

Re: Motoko related question :D !!

That happened because EdT didn't give Motoko a new character varient. smile Sure, you can make it permanent. Just find the fury you want to make motoko in the BINACharacter and rename her class to motoko. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 09/24/09 12:09

demos_kratos

heh, nice, EdT missed something. since noone haven't seen this it seems like everyone haven't played dream lab for months (2 years for me huh tongue)

EDIT: heh, simultaneous post attack

Last edited by demos_kratos (09/24/09 12:09)

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#4 09/24/09 12:09

Samer
Website

Gumby wrote:

That happened because EdT didn't give Motoko a new character varient.

interesting I never gave a new character varient to any of my characters tongue

does that mean the White Chief may show up instead of a TCTF swat or that shinatama bot may show up instead of konoko tongue ? (I based their ONCC on them)

#5 09/24/09 12:09

Samer
Website

also can u tell me how to do that :$ ? is my process right ? i go to the game data folder of the edition search fo levelx_final ( i'm not sure which number is the dream level ... convert the BINACharacter file to xml and edit it ... after that ...should i make it a package ?

#6 09/24/09 12:09

demos_kratos

for this type of level-specific modding you can avoid creating a package. Just edit the BINACJBOCharacters and put it back to level13_Final and then recombine dats with AEInstaller (clicking the Install button). of course you can create a package but manually, my GUI still can't create a level-specific packages tongue.

Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?

#7 09/24/09 13:09

dream996

it is going to =]]
what about importing guns ????

PunBB bbcode test

#8 09/24/09 14:09

Gumby

demos_kratos wrote:

for this type of level-specific modding you can avoid creating a package. Just edit the BINACJBOCharacters and put it back to level13_Final and then recombine dats with AEInstaller (clicking the Install button). of course you can create a package but manually, my GUI still can't create a level-specific packages tongue.

neutral You should have a package, always...If you use that method, you won't be able to use other level13 mods, and if you recombine your packages, you will lose the mod.

Samoko wrote:
Gumby wrote:

That happened because EdT didn't give Motoko a new character varient.

interesting I never gave a new character varient to any of my characters tongue

does that mean the White Chief may show up instead of a TCTF swat or that shinatama bot may show up instead of konoko tongue ? (I based their ONCC on them)

Yes. ^_^ All official AE characters have ONCVs though, so you don't have to worry there.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 09/24/09 16:09

Samer
Website

It is not working sad I tired demos's method first ... didn't work

then i made it into a package ...
I modified other stuff in the BINACJBOCharacters for example made intro muro have less health made evilkonoko wear tctf clothes ... and added motoko instead of one of the furies
I changed the name to motoko in the file and the class to motoko and gave her some extra health and that she should drop a hypo ... the other stuff (muro & evilkonoko) worked -so i know i put it in the right place - but motoko didn't show up neither did the fury ...

and yeah i changed her melee profile to 30 instead of 16 ... i want her to fight as muro since unlike her the furies don't use 4 punches ...

I uploaded the modified file ...

if someone has a little time on their hands I'd appreciate it smile

tongue @gumby I'm glad i'm not the only one who uses ^_^

EDIT: I just realized I shouldn't have changed the name big_smile just the class

Last edited by Samer (09/24/09 17:09)

#10 09/24/09 16:09

EdT
Website

EDIT: Opps, late in posting, Samoko already figured it out. :-)

However, this little trick opens the way for changing what characters appear in the game, without changing the script. :-)

Last edited by EdT (09/24/09 17:09)

#11 09/24/09 17:09

Samer
Website

yay yes i figured it out eventually when i used dev mode and typed "who" the name ambush_red_2 appeared so i realized i shouldn't have changed ... thanks for reassuring me big_smile

Now this little trick opens the way for changing what characters appear in the game, without changing the script. :-)

yeah ^_^ I will try the white chief instead one of the Tctf's later big_smile ! or mukade instead of one  the ninja's hope that works

btw how do u make a new character variant anyway tongue  should i make an ONCV file when i make a new character in addition to the ONCC

#12 09/24/09 17:09

EdT
Website

Look in the level0_Characters folder for an example ONCV and make a new one for the new character.  Then you will need to add that to the file ONVLvariant_list.  However, you will want to use the ONVLvariant_list.oni found in the packages/Globalize/oni/level0_Characters/Globalization folder as your basis, since it includes the new BGI characters.

#13 09/24/09 18:09

Samer
Website

thanks Edt ...

How hard is it to create a new melee profile ... Motoko for example has 4 punches I thought I'd assign her muro's melee profile .. 30 but that left her not using the running kick throw or twister kick or PPK ... same applies to when i used konoko's profile 22 ...
if I change the melee profiles to xml ... then copy paste the missing moves parts into 1 melee profile and change it's ID number (somehow) would that work ?

#14 09/24/09 18:09

EdT
Website

That would work.  Just be sure to use the BINACJBOMelee Profile.oni from the Brutal AI package as your basis, since this has the "brutal" profile for Konoko and Easy Striker.

#15 09/24/09 19:09

Lithium

Hmm. hey does that mean that when u fight her she has like a lot of hp? or is  just normal fury hp?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#16 09/24/09 19:09

Samer
Website

no it had motoko's hp which is 200 i think it took more time  to defeat... she will have the hp assigned in the ONCC (character class) for motoko i think it's 200 while for furies it's 45 i think ...

but i added anothr extra 200 big_smile to her now ... so the fight becomes more interesting I also changed the laser ninja to mukade tongue which is easy to defeat by throwing into the acid ...
and I replaced the 2 TCTF's swats with my custom Black and White Chief ^_^ ! and replaced one of the invisible ninja's with a tanker ...

it's quite fun tongue would u like a copy of it ? u have to have all the mentioned packages installed though . (motoko .. whitechief - blackchief - & blackops) i'm also thinking to make her fight the shinatama bot at 1 point  and to add Barabas instead of 1 of the mini strikers ...

I made them drop extra hypos so she can survive all this

Last edited by Samer (09/24/09 19:09)

#17 09/24/09 20:09

myplea1

ya could u post a package sounds pretty cool big_smile

Awol

#18 09/24/09 20:09

Lithium

oh, cuz it might be a pain to fight 4 bosses in one level sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#19 09/24/09 22:09

Mukade

are you saying you're not pro oxe??
But yeah, sounds cool

Last edited by Mukade (09/24/09 22:09)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#20 09/25/09 01:09

Samer
Website

Edt ... I need ur help ... :S

Here's my problem : I have replaced the 2 TCTF's that come with Griffin by my Black Chief and White Chief ...  they're working alright except sometimes (several times) instead of the white chief appears a ninjabot !! or another black chief ... I thought that is a class variant issue so I made new ONCV for them and motoko I compared them with konoko's ONCV

so I had this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Oni Version="0.9.41.0">
    <Instance id="0" type="ONCV">
        <ParentVariant>ONCVany</ParentVariant>
        <CharacterClass>White_Chief</CharacterClass>
        <CharacterClassHard></CharacterClassHard>
    </Instance>
</Oni>

then I got the the ONVLlist and added them ... like ONCVWhite_Chief

I put all the files in a package (characters level 0) and installed it didn't work still the ninjabot spawned instead of the whitechief sometimes ...

so i thought that the installer installs the global folder last which overwrites the changes i made so i went and put the files ONVL and the ONCV in the globalization folder (where those of the bgi are) and installed again ...

but still the ninja bot is spawning ... which is really confusing .. the white chief is based on a tctf swat ... why would it spawn as a ninja bot :S ??

EDIT : NEVER MIND I realized I should also change it in the ONCC ! there's a link to the ONCV in the ONCC ... the White Chief's was linked to the ninjabot hmm !

I know I'm asking a lot of questions lately and then answering them myself sorry about that but maybe it can be beneficial ... somehow tongue

Last edited by Samer (09/25/09 01:09)

#21 09/25/09 01:09

Leus
Website

I'm not pro.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#22 09/25/09 08:09

EdT
Website

Samoko: Don't worry about it.  I've done the same.

I think putting the problem down in writing somehow helps in solving it. 

Also, in your case, it shows that you don't simply ask a question and then wait for the answer, but you continue to think on the problem and logically reach a solution.  And for that you earned a Karma point :-)

Last edited by EdT (09/25/09 08:09)

#23 09/25/09 10:09

demos_kratos

You should have a package, always...If you use that method, you won't be able to use other level13 mods, and if you recombine your packages, you will lose the mod.

ahh, screw it, forgot that Insaller uses Vanilla data as a base. or does it? aww, man, you got me totally confused with your Installer, seriously smile

#24 09/25/09 10:09

Samer
Website

Ok guys I made this level into a simple package and also A FIX FOR ALL THE CUSTOM MADE CHARACTERS Motoko, white chief, black chief, and Shinatama Bot ... this fix is necessary so please download it, it is independent of my level mod u should download this fix if u have all or any of the mentioned characters ...

discuss and download here
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 130#p18130

#25 09/25/09 11:09

Iritscen

d_k: We wrote up a whole article about the new AE framework here wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer