Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/11/09 22:09

Mukade

My first model :3

Okay lets see, this is my first model, i really had no design in mind when i made it, just made general gun layout and went from there... it took playing around but i figured it out almost all by myself  hmm  Here it is ...
Gun1.jpg

Now, I can probly do texturing and painting myself, if someone could recommend a good program for that, i'd appreciate it smile
My real problem is gonna be exporting it to Oni....
I'll cross that bridge when i come to it i guess, but if someone has the time, just post a brief tutorial, and ill be greatful big_smile

Anyway, watcha think? Go easy on me, is my first time.

EDIT: Nevermind about tut for now ill try figuring it out on the wiki for a change tongue

Last edited by Mukade (09/11/09 22:09)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 09/11/09 22:09

Shade

Re: My first model :3

Mukade wrote:

Okay lets see, this is my first model, i really had no design in mind when i made it, just made general gun layout and went from there... it took playing around but i figured it out almost all by myself  hmm  Here it is ...
Gun1.jpg

Now, I can probly do texturing and painting myself, if someone could recommend a good program for that, i'd appreciate it smile
My real problem is gonna be exporting it to Oni....
I'll cross that bridge when i come to it i guess, but if someone has the time, just post a brief tutorial, and ill be greatful big_smile

Anyway, watcha think? Go easy on me, is my first time.

Really nice work there Mukade! What program did you used this on?

#3 09/11/09 22:09

Mukade

I used Invis AC3D... just sumthin i found to try it out on

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 09/11/09 22:09

Shade

Mukade wrote:

I used Invis AC3D... just sumthin i found to try it out on

Hmm never used Invis before. Is it good?

#5 09/11/09 22:09

Mukade

i wouldn't know, i've nothin to compare it too tongue

#6 09/11/09 22:09

Mukade

Okay, trouble already.... is WPgew4_psm.oni a weapon model?? Cause i put it into Onisplit but it doesnt convert, i know i have destinations right and stuff but.....

im so hopeless lol  sad

#7 09/11/09 22:09

Shade

Mukade wrote:

Okay, trouble already.... is WPgew4_psm.oni a weapon model?? Cause i put it into Onisplit but it doesnt convert, i know i have destinations right and stuff but.....

im so hopeless lol  sad

lol I'm hopeless too ask Edt or someone else tongue

#8 09/11/09 22:09

Mukade

nvm, its ONWC, the WP files are the Weapon Profiles

EDIT: Not ONWC....

Last edited by Mukade (09/11/09 23:09)

#9 09/12/09 00:09

EdT
Website

Mukade: Open the folder 12000NewWeapons in the packages folder. You will find different types of weapons.  Pick one that is similar to yours.  For example, the Uzi.  Extract ONWCw21_uzi.oni as XML and extract M3GMw21_uzi.oni as OBJ. Now you can import M3GMw21_uzi.obj into AC3D to compare with your weapon.

Now the ONWC contains all the settings for the weapon, so you'll need to rename it for your weapon. For example ONWCPhaser.  You'll need to change a couple of things in the file:

<Geometry>M3GMw21_uzi</Geometry> to <Geometry>M3GMPhaser</Geometry>
<Name>w21_uzi</Name> to <Name>Phaser</Name>

That should get you started.

Last edited by EdT (09/12/09 00:09)

#10 09/12/09 00:09

Mukade

Testing now...

and btw, you picked a good name for what im hoping to do with it... im hoping to make a phaser-type weapon with a straight laser beam smile

Okay, it sorta works... the gun itself works, i can give myself it, but it has no texture, so it basically looks like i have uzi bullets flying from somepoint over my hand.... i guess once i have a texture it'll be visible am i correct?

Last edited by Mukade (09/12/09 01:09)

#11 09/12/09 05:09

dream996

xsi again !?
nice work ! looking forward to see it and try it !

PunBB bbcode test

#12 09/12/09 09:09

Iritscen

dream, he already said what software he is using in a previous post, and it's not XSI.

Anyway, that's good work for a beginner, Mukade!  Sorry that I don't know why it's invisible, but yeah, try making at least a plain-color texture as a placeholder to see what happens.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#13 09/12/09 09:09

Mukade

i think i know what happend albeit i don't know why or how.......
i now try loading any of the .obj files of this model, or even convertingthe .oni ones back to .obj and they load intothe program.... with nothin!!! sad sad sad

i've no clue what happend, its just... nott here anymore, even tho the files are. I could punch a kitten right now  mad  no offence to you animal lovers

i'm going to try a different program and load it... see what happens

Last edited by Mukade (09/12/09 09:09)

#14 09/12/09 10:09

EdT
Website

Mukade: One reason that its invisible, might be the size of it.  Try enlarging the weapon in the 3D program, then import it to Oni.  If an object is missing a texture it will appear black, the fact you can't see it, make me think it is too small.

Also, extract an existing weapon as OBJ and you can see where it is located and its size.

#15 09/12/09 10:09

Mukade

yeah, but the problem with that is that i cant seem to find the model... when i open any of the .obj files into AC13 it justdoesn't load them.... im trying to load it with another engine to see if its just the one im using

ll the other weapons show up tho sad
I don't get it, the files are fine.... they have around 80 kb in them so there is sumthin in it, but it won't show up in dae format in XSI or .obj in AC13....
model info gives me 0 faces so its not just invisible
Im going to have the give this up, i've tried everything i can T_T  mad  sad

@Shade, YES! AC13 is a great program (if you don't loose your work liek i did..) i compare it to XSI which i downloaded, and its child's play in comparison, easy stuff, although it problyt doesnt have as many detailed functions as XSI. Although if you wanted to make adjustments im sure you could convert from obj->oni->dae and work from there with the more complex stuff. note its only a 14 day trial tho sad

Last edited by Mukade (09/12/09 12:09)

#16 09/12/09 14:09

Mukade

Okay, heres my new improved model...
Gun2.jpg

No Enterprise jokes btw plz >_>
Still the same problem, im pretty sure size isnt the issue, i compared to to other weapons aroundits size inthe same program. im thinking compatibility, i triangulated it and loaded to Oni, all i have is an invisible gun.

#17 09/12/09 14:09

EdT
Website

Mukade, can you post the files for your gun. The original and the .oni files.

#18 09/12/09 15:09

Mukade

no need, i found the problem and it works now smile
silly me, i was saving as .obj but i never actually exported it tongue
i learned itt he hard way by loosing one of my weapons, but it looks good big_smile
just need the get down to texturing

is XSI capable of texturing?

Last edited by Mukade (09/12/09 15:09)

#19 09/12/09 15:09

myplea1

Yup looks pretty awsome ingame must say You did really good on this model

Awol

#20 09/12/09 18:09

EdT
Website

#21 09/12/09 18:09

Mukade

yeah, i saw that earlier, i dunno, its being screwy on me... anyways i discovered that AC13 actually has a texture thing too. Im just havingtrouble making it actually for ingame use...

#22 09/13/09 11:09

Mukade

K, so i have a bunch of things i want to do, but i can only figure out a handful of them by myself. I'll list a few and ppl can feel free to respond at their leisure if they have any pointers.

1. I want to use the aiming laser particles as my actual "projectile" for the wepaon (so it fires a laser) how would i do that?

2. I want to make the firing sound the sound you get when u trip a laser beam.
NOTE: I've done it already, but in doing so, any uzi fire will sound the sme (i copied and renamed the original sound of laser tripped to synd_shot1-4, but as i said, in doingthat, any uzi firewill sound like a lser being tripped, i want them to be two seperate sounds) Tell me if this is confusing and ill try to elaborate. My point is, in what file do i find which sound a weapon uses when it fires.

3.  i want part of my gun to glow when it's loaded, need some pointers on that.

4. Texture, this will be an easier one. I know how to texture it (sorta), but i have trouble actually getting it to work ingame, i need steps on how to do that, formats etc...

Like i said, i feel a bit bad about bugging all of you about this stuff, which is why idc when or how you answer, or if you just tell me to figure it out myself. I'll be working on this myself too in the meantime, so im not jsut gonna sit here and let all you do the work tongue

Last edited by Mukade (09/13/09 11:09)

#23 09/17/09 14:09

dream996

where can i get ac13 ?

PunBB bbcode test

#24 09/17/09 14:09

Mukade

sry my bad D:
i don't why i said 13, its actually Invis AC3D not 13 i don't know why i put 13 down, just google it and download it, unfourtunately its only a 14 day trial, but its so easy im sure you could do a great deal of work in those 14 days

#25 09/17/09 14:09

Iritscen

Heh, thanks for the correction, Mukade, there's a bit of a difference.  ArchiCAD 13 costs about $4000 USD (http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/), whereas Invis AC3D costs only $80 USD (http://www.inivis.com/buy.html).  Anything in double-digits is a steal for a 3D modeler, as long as it's a decent program.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer