Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/26/07 16:05

Ether

Didn't make it to OpenGL exts, crash at 'loading level 0...'

Hello friends of Oni,

I read almost the whole forum, but I didn't find a solution to my problem with Oni.
1] I tried the buffer-patched version, but nothing has changed.
2] I read the nVidia guide, but the restricting slider is grayed out.
3] I removed intro.bik. Still no change.

Just about a minute ago, I tried to reextract the game files from the cab and it works big_smile. I'd not post this, but I want others to know this solution too. I spent 3 hours because of this f***ing corrupted data file mad. Installer didn't report any error.

Thank you all, for your good work.

#2 05/26/07 16:05

Ether

Re: Didn't make it to OpenGL exts, crash at 'loading level 0...'

Hehe, as I said, it started, but I got the Blam! error in approx. 10% of loading after I clicked on Start. Help?

#3 05/26/07 16:05

geyser
Website

It seems like your level0_Final files are now OK (but you can't be sure), but that level1_Final ones are corrupt.
Hope that your original medium (CD?) is not damaged, just dirty or something. Then it still makes sense to try.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 05/26/07 16:05

Ether

F**k me, you're right. I extracted the level1* files again and now I reached the training mission, I hope it'll work at least this way. I've got some lame ISO from bittorrent (the volume name is 20070402_2256, made by WinISO). But I don't understand, why the files are corrupted.

#5 05/26/07 17:05

geyser
Website

What I don't understand is why people are so ready to gloat about how illegal their version of Oni is on a semi-official Oni forum...

Anyway, good luck and have fun. If the data is in the ISO, and extraction is unreliable, then maybe your extracting tool sucks.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 05/26/07 17:05

Ether

Because there is a little possibility of tracking someone from this forum. And because I don't think anybody even care. The game is heavily unsupported from appropriate companies... And the installator sucks, not my tool - obviously.

#7 05/26/07 20:05

geyser
Website

1) The what sucks? I thought you were extracting things from the .cab manually?
2) You're encouraged not to overemphasize the fact that you stole your copy. OK? smile

Last edited by geyser (05/26/07 20:05)

#8 05/27/07 05:05

Ether

1] First of all I installed the game normally (onisetup), but the files were corrupted, so I used some ZipScan tool - that worked.
2] OK, I know. I'd even buy it, but
--a] I don't have spare money.
--b] The money wouldn't go to the developers, right?

Board footer