#26 08/16/09 10:08

Iritscen

Re: Some thoughts

dream996 wrote:

the neck

Oh!  I never noticed that before.

dream996 wrote:

what is the 98trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJ8vp3vTW0 .  Notice Konoko's old design, with SLD-like markings under her eyes.  That was going to mean she was a cyborg like Motoko Kusanagi (SLDs probably hadn't been "invented" yet).

adorage wrote:
T_W_D wrote:

Speaking of Mukade, there actually is a slight chance of his survival. After killing a Daodan symbiote, Konoko gets a chargeup, but she doesn't get one after breaking the master ninja's neck.

Does that mean the Fury at the end of chapter 7 was a daodan symbiote?
Or maybe killing one is just one of the conditions that triggers a "chargeup". But why does she get one at that point then?

I think it mainly signifies that her Chrysalis is advancing when she wins fights.  It's probably connected to Mukade's comment about their blood "burning" when they kill.  Once in a while it becomes overwhelming and that's when we see a major surge occur.  I also pointed out recently that the surges occur: (1) When beating Barabas, who just kidnapped Shinatama, (2) when beating a room of baddies on her way to save Shinatama, and (3) when beating the man who tortured Shinatama.  Whereas she had no surge when defeating a boss (Mukade) who had nothing to do with Shinatama.  Draw your own conclusions.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 08/16/09 10:08

dream996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJ8vp3vTW0
have you got any other thing about that
i think the daodan symbiote ,the chargeup mean growing doesn't really mean or have to kill someone ....
i agree with Iritscen...but why didn't she chargeup when shiny got kill??????

PunBB bbcode test

#28 08/16/09 10:08

T_W_D

I also pointed out recently that the surges occur: (1) When beating Barabas, who just kidnapped Shinatama, (2) when beating a room of baddies on her way to save Shinatama, and (3) when beating the man who tortured Shinatama.

Interesting. I never thought about it. These surges even seemed to me random at first. Also she doesn't chargeup after killing Griffin.

Last edited by T_W_D (08/16/09 10:08)

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#29 08/16/09 10:08

Iritscen

T_W_D wrote:

Also she doesn't chargeup after killing Griffin.

Hmm, maybe the game devs just forgot to make it happen there ^_^ .  But no, you have a point.

#30 08/16/09 11:08

Lithium

wait who the hell thought ninjas were robots? i did not. Because i dont think robots can move that fast, jump that high, and taunt at you. Man this topic got to 2 pages after one night? daang.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#31 08/16/09 15:08

Gumby

I must note on dieing: Being knocked unconcsious in the middle of an enemy stronghold, you might as well be dead. Your enemies can capture and restrain you, and _really_ kill you if they so desired. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#32 08/16/09 21:08

dream996

Hmm, maybe the game devs just forgot to make it happen there ^_^ .  But no, you have a point.

it would be wired if you didn't kill giffin and you stand there and chargeup  tongue

PunBB bbcode test

#33 08/16/09 21:08

Iritscen

Well, that's the thing, dream996.  If you didn't kill him, presumably Konoko would not power up.  And if the surges are meant to show growth of the Chrysalis it would be strange to have four surges with the "killed Griffin" path and three with the "spared Griffin" path.  In my opinion, anyway.

On the other hand, maybe she doesn't get a surge when killing Griffin because he wasn't a strong opponent.  Yes, she just had to fight through Shinatama's tough defenses, but Griffin himself was a piece of cake.  Dunno, just throwing that out there.

#34 08/16/09 21:08

dream996

but still she killed shiny ....and the chyrsalis is not fully dev yet....and if you said she have to chargeup whe she killed a strong Op ....what about the ch 7 and 10?????i don't think the chargeup necessary have to mean ..to kill a strong op or anything .....just the chyrsalis growing in side her .....there is one thing no one mention about the chysails...too much stress ....remember ?what shiny said ..

PunBB bbcode test

#35 08/16/09 22:08

Iritscen

Yeah, you're right, I'll stick to just saying that it means the Chrysalis is growing.  That seems to be the only thing that is safe to say.

#36 08/16/09 22:08

dream996

big_smile

we don't actually need to put everything into detail .....this is the story that they made, and wheather you get it or not ....i don't think they would want it that complcated and i don't think they have a necessary mean  smile
and one more thing ........data suggest ..that if you use a hypo nearly full of heath ......(the danoda power !)
mukade and barabas doesn't have it so......

Last edited by dream996 (08/17/09 03:08)

PunBB bbcode test

#37 08/17/09 05:08

T_W_D

mukade and barabas doesn't have it so

I thought it's just how hypos influence Konoko. Can't check it out (cheats don't work for some reason, maybe I need to reinstall the game).

Chrysalis explains a lot: their (M. and B.'s) abilities, Mukade's words and his connection to Mai. Actually, if they *didn't* have it, it'd leave some holes in the plot.

#38 08/17/09 05:08

Gumby

IMO: The reason Konoko needs extra energy (hypos) is because her Chrysalis was less developed.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#39 08/17/09 05:08

dream996

it obly work for muro and konoko

PunBB bbcode test

#40 08/17/09 06:08

T_W_D

They're relatives. Hypos can influence them in the same way.

Or their Chrysalites may differ from those Syndicate made.

#41 08/17/09 08:08

Iritscen

Yes, I tend to think of Mukade's and Barabas' Chrysalises as being experimental, not at the level of Muro and Konoko's.  Barabas is in a strange, semi-Imago-looking state, and Mukade, well, who knows what he looks like.  He might have ended up like Deadpool.

T_W_D wrote:

(cheats don't work for some reason, maybe I need to reinstall the game).

If you have the Daodan DLL installed, you should have cheats enabled.

#42 08/18/09 21:08

dream996

barabas might have a fully dev chyrsalis ...cos/(by the way this is just a guess
by the way there is a question.....about the pic ..sometimes when i upload it won't show in the post you have to click on it ...so i guess it would be about the size ....what is the max size?

PunBB bbcode test

Board footer