Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/06/09 02:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

Re: Mod Requests?

Well the script is good for overpowered Konoko but what about us shape shifter guys sad?

I'd like to see the blue ninja disarmed.
Spawn time increased and spawn like in the original Oni script. Behind the doors and going to a specific place.
AI should not always be aware of your location.
As for shape shifters - Two Black ops would be enough support.
Note: What's up with those civilians? They have no combat ability whatsover, spawn ops instead.
I want this  to be sort of a tug of war thing. When playing I your new scrip (newer version) my healths kept regenerating at an alarming rate. It took out all the fun because unless swarmed with enemies you were immortal, alos adding the screamer cannon is a bad idea since it whipes out most of your enemies with a single shot (red furry fires and you're swarmed with enemies who don't run away from the incoming screamer).

Notice how in the original scrip things were pretty balanced out so that you could beat Muro with all your allies still alive even with a shape shifted character.

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (08/06/09 02:08)

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#27 08/06/09 18:08

Leus
Website

The screaming cannon has always been there and I'm not experienced enough to add that many OPs yet, but I'll try clicking those links love_oni posted later on.  Also the civilians were meant to be a tough way to get a hypo; you'd have to somehow not scare them and then have enough time to interact with them and be handed the hypo.  I gave them guns just for no reason.

Also Konoko's health stops regenning when Muro is spawned, so if you managed to keep the enemies limited enough by that point then you should be able to beat him but if not you might have trouble.  Anyway, I don't think you're wrong, just letting you know my thought processes.  I really want to create a script in genuine tournament fashion like All Against Once for the Hexagon.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#28 08/06/09 19:08

Iritscen

Enemies should be avoiding the Screamer now, I was chasing Muro and an Elite Striker all over the place with one recently.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#29 08/08/09 10:08

love_Oni

I found the reason why the blue ninjas cam spam shooting. They are set as "InfiniteAmmo" in their profile.

@Leus: Do you want the civilians in your script to be able to fight? If you want so then I'll give you a fix-up that turns the ninjas to normal and... makes the civilians able to fight at once.

Last edited by love_Oni (08/08/09 11:08)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#30 08/08/09 12:08

Leus
Website

No thanks, love_oni.  Most of the civilians don't drop anything, they just give hypos.  I should probably just re-think that whole civilians bit entirely.

Is it easy to fix that ninja so he doesn't have infinite ammo though?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#31 08/08/09 19:08

love_Oni

Yeah, it's not very hard to do.

In edition, get the file "BINACJBOCharacter.oni" from level19_Final folder and extract it to .xml format. Open the .xml file, search for tag "InfiniteAmmo" and delete it every time you found it.

In the original Oni, export level19_Final.dat into a folder and continue the step above.

After that, save the .xml file and convert it back to the .oni file.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#32 08/10/09 17:08

Shade

I have a question, How can you open the BINACJBOCharacter folder? I've been trying to open it and all I see is allot of mixed up words but no codes or what ever.

#33 08/10/09 20:08

Iritscen

Hmm?  BINACJBOCharacter is a file.  There's one for each level.  Just use -extract:xml on it to get it in a readable format.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer