Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/23/07 06:05

stripeytiger

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force books (Spoilers!)

Have you read these books?  Well, I have!  hmm  Let me tell you, those books have me staring in dismay!  For instance, Jacen Solo decides to become a Sith Lord!  A Sith Lady named Lumiya, a character from the old Marvel comics, reappears and trains Jacen in the ways of the Sith!  A war erupts between the Galactic Alliance and what becomes the Corellian Confederation over the idea of obeying the government, which makes me wonder why the Republic never seemed to suffer from the problem of obeying the government.  Worst of all, it appears that Jacen is going to kill off Han and Leia, so that he will become a Sith!  What I can't understand is this: why would Lucasfilms or Lucasarts get rid of Han and Leia?  That doesn't make sense!  sad

#2 05/23/07 21:05

Mango

Re: Star Wars: Legacy of the Force books (Spoilers!)

slightly-official fan fiction
only slightly-official because they've been published

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#3 05/26/07 09:05

stripeytiger

Well, semi-official fan fiction or not, the Legacy of the Force books are proving to be unbelievable (In both a good way and a bad way).  I mean, you have the Skywalker and Solo families break up, which I thought was unbelievable.  At least in the fourth Exile, Han, Luke, Mara and Leia are finally getting together and trying to work toward a common goal.  Also, the idea of killing off Han and Leia is just...wrong to me.  Here's why: in the first New Jedi Order book Vector Prime, Chewbacca gets killed off.  The unbelievable part is that at least one writer wanted Luke killed off, but George Lucas vetoed it and they had to settle for Chewie as the character to kill off. 

Why is it okay to kill off Han and Leia, but it's not okay to kill off Luke Skywalker?  Are Han and Leia not as precious as Luke Skywalker?  mad

#4 05/26/07 12:05

geyser
Website

You're talking about it as if it was one of those real-TV shows: Bachelor, Big Brother...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 05/27/07 19:05

Mango

They're trying to live up to the name "Star Wars". They don't realise that the reason the second trilogy ends happily is because the war is over. Maybe someone should write a book called "Star Peace", although that's not what people want nowadays.

Personally I'm content with just the movies.

oniuserbaren4.png

#6 06/01/07 17:06

stripeytiger

Well, it turned out I was wrong about Han and Leia getting killed off!  Just today, I got the book Sacrifice, and it turned out that Mara Jade Skywalker was the one to get killed off!

For your information, she never appeared in the movies, but she was the best character to ever appear in Star Wars.

I don't care if she appeared in semi-official Star Wars fan fiction!  The fact is that she's dead and I feel empty inside.

I will never forget her!

#7 06/01/07 20:06

Mango

Oh well, you can read the earlier books again until you think she's alive.
I don't understand why they killed Darth Maul though...

oniuserbaren4.png

Board footer